Middlesex County, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Serving Homeowners & Businesses
For years, Blue Umbrella has been serving the greater Middlesex County area with professional basement waterproofing and foundation repair services. Reach out to us today for a free inspection.
You can count on:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
Why should you choose Blue Umbrella? Because we provide quality, long-lasting waterproofing and foundation repair solutions. You can trust that your home will be protected for years to come. We stand behind our work with life-time warranties.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
When our team arrives at your home in Middlesex County we perform a thorough inspection of the property. Before we begin work we need to know exactly what is causing the issue. Once the underlying cause is identified we create a custom basement waterproofing solution for your home. This solution can include:
- Weep holes drilled along the inner perimeter of the wall that control any entering water.
- A french drain is installed to collect the water entering through the weep holes.
- The french drain channels the water to a basement sump pump. The sump pump brings the water out and away from your home’s foundation.
- The addition of a basement dehumidifier maintains the relative humidity of the basement and helps prevent any mold growth.
- Certain homes will benefit from exterior basement waterproofing solutions, where a sealant is placed along the outside of the basement walls that prevents any water from penetrating the wall and entering the space.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Did you know that basement waterproofing brings more benefits than just a dry basement? Additional benefits include:
- Improved health and safety environment – Controlled basement humidity means controlling mold growth. Preventing mold in the basement also helps prevent mold spores that bring allergic reactions.
- Protect your home’s value – A flooded basement can quickly destroy the value of your home, but a waterproofing system can protect that same value.
- Extra Space – With a waterproofed basement you suddenly have new usable living space downstairs, time for that spare bedroom, office space or storage area.
- Reduce Stress Levels – Instead of sprinting downstairs to the basement when you hear rainfall, you can sleep soundly, assured that your home is protected.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
Not every home or building in Middlesex County has a basement. Many have crawl spaces and just like basements, crawl spaces need to be properly waterproofed. This process is called crawl space encapsulation. Without proper encapsulation common issues homeowners have include:
- Mold growth that will slowly make its way to the rest of your home
- Pooling water in the crawl space eating away at your home’s foundation
- A host of bugs, insects and rodents breeding in the open crawl space
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Your crawl space is linked to the rest of your Middlesex home and you can’t seal it off. So instead, you seal the crawl space off from the outside, thus protecting the upstairs as well. Crawl space encapsulation shares many of the same steps as basement waterproofing.
- Drying the Space:First, the crawl space is cleaned up and dried out. Any water needs to be completely removed from the area.
- Sump Pump Installation: Next, a sump pump is installed in the lowest area of the crawl space. The sump pump safely removes any water that has entered the space.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: The area needs to be completely sealed. A thick, vinyl liner is laid on the floor and against the walls. The vents are covered up. No water or air enters in or out.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier:A special crawl space dehumidifier completes the system. The dehumidifier keeps the humidity in the space low enough to prevent mold growth.
Basement Foundation Repair
Blue Umbrella is not only your trusted expert for waterproofing but for foundation repair as well. We help Middlesex County homeowners and businesses identify and correct their property’s foundation problems. You can get a general idea of the foundation issue you have by observing the type of cracks present in the basement wall.
Vertical: If you see vertical wall cracks in the concrete this is actually a natural occurrence and not an indication of the foundation issue. But, these cracks can allow water to seep in. Blue Umbrella seals off these cracks to prevent water entering.
Horizontal: Horizontal wall cracks on the other hand are an issue. They are an indicator that soil on the outside of the basement walls is pressing inwards forcing the walls to bow.
Stair Step: Likewise, stair-step cracks are also a problem. If the soil beneath the foundation settles unevenly the foundation sags, putting pressure on the walls resulting in stair-step cracks.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
To help fix these foundation issues, we provide minimally-invasive, but reliable foundation repair solutions.
Steel I-Beam Installation
We can install steel I-beams along the inner perimeter of the basement walls. The beams support the weakened basement walls and prevent an eventual collapse.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Carbon fiber strips provide similar support to basement walls. They also lay flush against the walls and can even be painted over.
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
If your home or business is in Middlesex County and has waterproofing or foundation issues reach out to us today. Call us today to receive a free home inspection: 908.432.8858
Understanding Is the First Step
Our certified experts will fully inspect your home and explain the different options that best suit your needs.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tips, tools & news!
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing Proudly Serves These Areas
Bergen County, NJ
Essex County, NJ
Hudson County, NJ
Hunterdon County, NJ
Middlesex County, NJ
Morris County, NJ
Passaic County, NJ
Union County, NJ