Morris County, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Your Local Basement Specialist
For years, the basement and foundation experts at Blue Umbrella have been helping homeowners and businesses throughout Morris County. If you are looking for basement waterproofing, foundation repair, or crawl space encapsulation services we offer everything that you need. What’s more, we stand behind all of our work, making sure that your home and property stay protected for years to come. Call us for Morris County basement waterproofing. With Blue Umbrella you receive:
- Free inspection & estimates
- A lifetime warranty
- Quality products
- Respect for your home
- Decades of experience
- An Umbrella Maintenance Plan
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Does your home need waterproofing?
Before basement waterproofing is installed in your Morris County home, you first need a thorough inspection to identify the cause of your basement water issues. The first step is to have one of Blue Umbrella’s basement specialists visit your home to inspect the space, find the underlying issue and create a customized plan to keep the water out of your home.
How Does Our Basement Waterproofing Work?
- Every basement water issue is different. Some issues may require exterior basement waterproofing, but most of the time the right solution is an interior basement waterproofing solution which is generally more effective and often much less expensive.
- The first step is drilling weep holes at the base of the walls along the basement perimeter.
- Entering water is directed by the weep holes into a french drain.
- The french drain channels the collected water to a sump basin with a high-capacity sump pump. With tough basement water issues we use Blue Angel sump pumps.
- The sump pump pumps the water out of the basement and into a drainage system that transports the water safely away from your home.
- A basement dehumidifier is added to maintain the proper humidity level preventing mold growth and rot damage.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Besides a dry basement, there are a host of additional benefits to having your Morris County basement waterproofed.
- Improved health and a safer environment – Keeping water out of the basement and controlling the humidity prevents mold growth and the accompanying mold spores that cause allergic reactions.
- Protected home value - A basement waterproofing system means no water damage that could destroy your home’s value.
- Extra space - Your newly waterproofed basement means extra room for living or storage space.
- Reduce stress levels - You can go to sleep every night with the knowledge that your basement water troubles are over.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
Not every home or property in Morris County has a basement. Some may instead have a crawl space. If that is your case, no need to worry, we offer complete crawl space repair, crawl space encapsulation, and crawl space waterproofing. Waterproofing and encapsulating your crawl space keep the space free of water, mold, rodents, and insects.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Crawl space waterproofing includes similar steps to basement waterproofing.
- Drying the Space: The crawl space is first cleaned out and any standing water removed.
- Sump Pump Installation: The crawl space floor is graded with a slope down to one corner where a sump pump is installed to collect and remove any water.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: The crawl space entrance is closed, the vents are sealed and a thick vinyl liner is placed along the walls and floors, encapsulation the space.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A crawl space dehumidifier is installed to control the humidity and prevent mold growth and rot, just like a basement.
Basement Foundation Repair
Blue Umbrella also serves Morris county residents with basement foundation repair fixing damaged and leaning basement walls. If you think you may have basement foundation issues the types of cracks that you see in the walls can be a key to identifying the cause.
Vertical: Vertical wall cracks in concrete basement walls are a common and natural result of aging. Vertical wall cracks generally do not indicate foundation issues, but they can allow water to seep into the basement. To keep the water out we can use epoxy injections to seal the cracks.
Horizontal: Horizontal wall cracks are a different story. Horizontal wall cracks are caused by the pressure of the soil surrounding the foundation. The pressure can weaken the wall causing it to bow inwards. If the wall is not fixed, it can eventually collapse.
Stair-Step: Stair-step cracks are also a problem. Usually these cracks are caused by the building’s foundation not settling evenly, which puts stress on the walls resulting in the appearance of stair-step cracks and the weakening of you basement walls.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
For damaged, bowing, or buckling basement walls Blue Umbrella offers long-lasting foundation repair solutions.
Steel I-Beam Installation
One of the basement repair solutions we offer for Morris county homes is steel I-beam installation. Steel I-beams are placed up against the bowing walls, strengthening the walls and preventing any further damage. We generally use steel I-beams when the basement walls have bowed a significant amount (over two inches).
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
If the wall damage is less extreme an alternative to steel I-beams is carbon fiber strips, which are also placed flush against the basement walls. The strips not only strengthen the walls but can also be painted over or covered up.
Serving Greater Morris County
We serve all cities and towns throughout Morris County and the surrounding area offering basement waterproofing, foundation repair, and crawl space encapsulation.
- Boonton Township
- Chatham Borough
- Chatham Township
- Chester Borough
- Chester Township
- Denville Township
- East Hanover Township
- Florham Park
- Hanover Township
- Harding Township
- Jefferson Township
- Lincoln Park
- Long Hill Township
- Mendham Borough
- Mendham Township
- Mine Hill Township
- Morris Plains
- Morris Township
- Mount Arlington
- Mount Olive Township
- Mountain Lakes
- Parsippany-Troy Hills Township
- Pequannock Township
- Rockaway Borough
- Roxbury Township
- Victory Gardens
- Washington Township
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
Whether you are dealing with basement water issues, crawl space problems or foundation damage, Blue Umbrella is your trusted expert serving Morris county. We offer permanent solutions that come with lifetime warranties. Reach out to us for a free inspection and estimate.
Understanding Is the First Step
We will provide a full inspection and explain in detail the different options that best fit your needs.