Paterson, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Serving Homeowners & Businesses
Water in the basement or a cracked foundation can destroy your Paterson home’s or business’ worth. Blue Umbrella helps you protect your home’s worth. We have waterproofed and repaired the basements of hundreds of homeowners and businesses in the Greater Paterson area. Reach out to us today.
You can count on:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
When you call Blue Umbrella Waterproofing our experienced team will arrive on time and complete the project on time as promised. Most importantly, we provide reliable basement waterproofing and foundation repair solutions backed by warranties.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Water in the basement can be a disaster. We fix the issue. One of our basement waterproofing specialists will visit your home to provide a thorough inspection to identify the underlying issues allowing water to enter the space. After the inspection a customized waterproofing plan is created. Your waterproofing plan may include:
- Weep hole drilling along the inner perimeter wall of the basement. The weepholes allows water entering the basement to be controlled.
- The water entering the through the weepholes drains into a french drain which channels the water to a sump pump.
- The installed sump pump brings the water up and out of the basement and away from your home.
- A basement dehumidifier completes the system by controlling the humidity in the space, keeping it low enough to prevent mold growth in the space.
- For some basements, exterior basement waterproofing is the right option. In exterior basement waterproofing a trench is dug along the perimeter of the home exposing the exterior basement wall. A sealant or moisture barrier is applied along the outside of the wall which prevents water from seeping through the basement wall. A footer drain is also installed which collects and brings any water in the soil outside the basement wall away from your home.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
There are other benefits to installing a basement waterproofing system.
- Improved health and safety environment – Controlling the humidity in the basement means preventing mold growth and the accompanying allergic reactions and respiratory infection caused by mold spores.
- Protect your home’s value – Flooding in the basement can ruin a home’s value. A proper basement waterproofing system is a safeguard.
- Extra Space – Having a dry basement means you have an entire floor of newly usable space. You can have a new home office, bedroom, storage space and more.
- Reduce Stress Levels – Knowing that your basement will stay dry deven during a rainstorm means you can sleep peacefully at night.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
Your Paterson home may not have a basement but instead a crawl space. We also provide complete crawl space repair and encapsulation. Without a properly encapsulated crawl space common issues homeowners experience include:
- Mold making its way up into your home
- Water pooling in the the crawl space
- Bugs, insects and rodents making their home in the crawl space.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
The crawl space is connected with your Paterson home and you can’t seal it off from upstairs. However, you can seal off the crawl space from the outside. Crawl space repair includes many of the same steps as basement waterproofing.
- Drying the Space: Initially, the crawl space needs to be cleaned and dried out.
- Sump Pump Installation: With the crawl space cleaned a sump pump is installed. The sump pump drains away any water entering the space.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: A thick, vinyl liner is placed along the crawl space floor and the walls. Covers are placed along any vents. The entire space is sealed off from any outside air.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier:A dehumidifier is installed to control humidity and stop any mold from growing.
Basement Foundation Repair
Blue Umbrella is Greater Paterson’s trusted foundation repair expert as well. We provide foundation inspections and repair. Initially, inspecting the cracks present in the basement wall can provide an idea of the issues causing foundation issues.
Vertical: Vertical cracks in concrete are a natural occurrence as the concrete ages. If you see vertical wall cracks in your basement wall, this is generally not an indication of a basement foundation issue.
Horizontal: Horizontal wall cracks are an indicator of foundation issues. Horizontal wall cracks occur as the soil outside of the basement wall pressed in on the basement causing the walls to bow inwards. This needs to be corrected.
Stair Step: If the soil beneath the foundation settles unevenly the foundation will settle unevenly as well putting stress on the basement walls. This pressure results in stair-step cracks developing.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
Blue Umbrella provides a variety of minimally-invasive foundation repair solutions.
Steel I-Beam Installation
Steel I-beams are installed along the inside of the basement walls. The I-beams reinforce the walls and prevent them from collapsing inward.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
An alternative to I-beams are carbon fiber strips. Carbon fiber is stronger than steel and the strips are placed flush along the basement wall providing similar support. The strips can even be painted over.
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
If your Paterson home or business is at risk of water damage in the basement or of basement foundation issues give us a call today: 908.432.8858
Understanding Is the First Step
We will provide a full inspection and explain in detail the different options that best fit your needs.