Garfield, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Your Basement & Foundation Expert
Blue Umbrella does basements. If you have water seeping into the space or a basement wall bowing inwards, or moisture in the crawl space, Blue Umbrella is your trusted, experienced professional in Garfield, NJ. We provide you quality work and the safety of mind knowing that the work is backed by lifetime warranties. When you give Blue Umbrella a call, you receive:
- Free inspection & estimates
- A lifetime warranty
- Quality products
- Respect for your home
- Decades of experience
- An Umbrella Maintenance Plan
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Does your home need waterproofing?
Before paying for a basement waterproofing package, you first need to be sure you have a waterproofing issue to begin with and not a plumbing issue. The best way to figure this out is to give Blue Umbrella a call and if necessary, have one of our basement waterproofing specialists visit your home for a free inspection and consultation, where they will inspect your home and answer any of your questions.
How Does Our Basement Waterproofing Work?
- In the case of new construction in Garfield, NJ, the basement walls are exposed, and a sealant and exterior waterproofing can be installed easily. But, with existing homes, exterior basement waterproofing requires tearing up driveways and sidewalks, adding to its invasiveness and cost.
- Instead of choosing exterior basement waterproofing, we opt for interior basement waterproofing for your Garfield home.
Interior basement waterproofing involves drilling weep holes of the base of your basement walls which control entering water, catching it in a French drain placed in the floor along the perimeter of the basement.
- The French drain channels the water to a basement sump pump which pumps the water out of your basement and away from your Garfield home. With challenging basement water issues, we use Blue Angel sump pumps.
- The water taken out of the home is transported to the street through an exterior drainage system.
- Lastly, a basement dehumidifier is installed. The dehumidifier manages your basement humidity level, keeping it low enough to prevent mold growth and rot.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
When you have Blue Umbrella waterproof your Garfield home, you get more than just a dry basement.
- Improved health and a safer environment – Damp, wet basement allows mold to grow, and mold produces spores that can trigger allergic reactions for you and your family. Basement waterproofing prevents this from ever happening.
- Home value protection - Your home’s value can easily be ruined by water damage from a leaking basement. Installing proper waterproofing protects your home’s value.
- Extra space - With no more water on the basement floor, you have more usable space.
- Reduce stress levels - No more late-night stress during rain storms as you run downstairs to the basement. Instead, you can rest soundly, knowing that Blue Umbrella’s waterproofing system keeps you and your home protected.
Crawl Space Encapsulation & Repair
Not all homes in Garfield have a basement. Yours may have a crawl space. If that is the case, Blue Umbrella is still your trusted go-to for crawl space repair, waterproofing, and encapsulation.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Crawl Space waterproofing is similar to basement waterproofing and follows many of the same steps.
- Drying the Space: The first step is cleaning out the crawl space, removing any debris, and draining any standing water.
- Sump Pump Installation: Next, the ground in the crawl space is graded to a slope ending in a crawl space sump pump which removes any future water entering the space.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: A thick vinyl liner is laid on the ground and the walls of the crawl space. The vents and entrance are sealed off. The entire crawl space is encapsulated, separating it from the outside.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A crawl space dehumidifier finishes the system, lowering the humidity level to prevent mold and rot.
Basement Foundation Repair
Blue Umbrella provides professional foundation repair services for homeowners and businesses in Garfield, NJ, offering bowing and cracked basement wall repair. If you believe you are facing a foundation issue, call us. In the meantime, the type of crack in the basement wall can tell the type of foundation you are facing.
Vertical: If you have vertical wall cracks in your basement, these are the typical result of aging concrete and don’t indicate that there is a foundation problem. But, water can seep into the basement through the cracks. Again, our epoxy injections can help resolve this.
Horizontal: Horizontal wall cracks are a different story. As soil surrounding your basement presses against the external basement walls, the basement walls can begin to bow inwards, producing horizontal wall cracks. If not fixed, eventually, the basement walls can collapse.
Stair-Step: Stair-step cracks occur when your foundation is not settling evenly, placing stress on the walls. Again, this type of issue requires professional foundation repair services.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
When you are facing bowing or buckling basement wall problems, Blue Umbrella is here to help, offering effective, minimally-invasive foundation repair services.
Steel I-Beam Installation
The first option to repair buckling basement walls in your Garfield home is to install steel I-beams. Steel I-beams are installed flush against the basement wall, spaced out every four feet. They are mounted at the top and bottom, keeping them securely secure. Steel I-beams are used when the basement wall is bowing over two inches.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Another option is to install carbon fiber strips in less intense bowing wall issues (less than two inches). The strips are epoxied to the basement wall and are spaced every four feet along the basement wall. Like the steel I-beams, the carbon fiber strips strengthen the basement wall, preventing further bowing. The carbon fiber strips can also be painted over or covered up.
Prep for Your Garfield Project
A foundation repair or basement waterproofing project in Garfield, NJ can involve a lot of steps, but Blue Umbrella will be with you throughout the whole thing. Here are some helpful links as you get started on the journey.
Township Code Enforcement Department
Phone: 973-340-2000, ex. 5530
Email: [email protected]
Location: 111 Outwater Lane, Garfield, NJ 07026
Monday: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Friday: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
Blue Umbrella is your trusted professional in Garfield, NJ, if you need basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, or foundation repair. Give us a call today to schedule your free inspection and estimate.
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.