Rutherford, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Rutherford's Top Basement & Foundation Contractor
Serving Greater Rutherford, NJ, Blue Umbrella Waterproofing has provided decades of expertise for residential and commercial clients. We offer reliable & warrantied basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair.
- Free inspection & estimates
- A lifetime warranty
- Quality products
- Respect for your home
- Decades of experience
- An Umbrella Maintenance Plan
Blue Umbrella waterproofing experts have your back! Our waterproofing & foundation technicians will always come on time, work within your budget, and utilize the highest-quality products and materials for your Rutherford home or business. Contact us today!
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Your home in Rutherford is different than your neighbor’s home down the street, so you should have a basement waterproofing system customized to your home’s needs. For new home construction, we install exterior waterproofing systems. But for existing homes, interior basement waterproofing is the best option because it does not require excavation and the removal of driveways and sidewalks near your home’s foundation.
How Does Interior Basement Waterproofing Work?
- Weep holes are drilled along the interior basement walls to reduce hydrostatic pressure.
- French Drains (also called weeping tile) are installed, which capture water entering through the weep holes and redirect it to a basement sump pump.
- A basement sump pump is added, removing the collected water from the french drains, and pumping it out and away from your home. With challenging basement water issues, we use Blue Angel sump pumps.
- The water removed by the sump pump travels through an exterior drainage system, safely bringing the water away from your home and down to the street or expelling it out in the yard away from your Rutherford home.
- A basement dehumidifier is added to reduce humidity and moisture in the basement, preventing mold growth and rot.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Many homeowners in Rutherford dread basement water damage. A way to mitigate this issue is to invest in an effective basement waterproofing system. Besides avoiding water damage, a basement waterproofing system also offers additional benefits.
- Improving your health and safety: A wet basement can grow mold, potentially causing respiratory infections for you and your family. Keeping your basement dry prevents that from happening.
- Higher home value: To maintain your home’s value, you need to keep it protected, but basements are often overlooked, putting your investment in your home at risk. A properly waterproofed basement keeps your home safe, maintaining its value in case you choose to sell it.
- Additional space in your home: Waterproofing your basement means you have more living area! You can turn this room into a theater, private office, or whatever suits your needs.
- Peace of mind: Homeowners with water damage frequently worry about the short-term and long-term problems resulting from such a severe issue. Getting basement waterproofing completed keeps you from worrying whenever you see it’s raining.
Crawl Space Encapsulation & Repair
If your home in Rutherford, NJ, has a crawl space, we’re your trusted crawl space repair and encapsulation professionals! Like basements, crawl spaces can have water issues that go overlooked. Typical crawl space issues include:
- Mold growth
- Damage to your home’s foundation
- An increase of rodents and insects living in your crawl space
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
The solution to a wet crawl space is to seal it off from the outside, known as crawl encapsulation. The steps of crawl space waterproofing and encapsulation include:
- Drying out the crawl space: First, our experts need to remove any water from the crawl space.
- Sump Pump Installation: We install a sump pump to collect water entering the crawl space and pump it out of the space.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: A protective liner is placed on the walls and floor in the crawl space, sealing the crawl space from outside moisture or bugs.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A crawl space dehumidifier is added, which like a basement dehumidifier, helps prevent mold or rot from developing.
The good news is that Blue Umbrella has years of experience repairing and waterproofing crawl spaces! We’ll take care of the entire process, so you don’t need to worry. Blue Umbrella offers you the best service for repairs and encapsulation in the Rutherford, NJ, region.
Foundation Repair in Rutherford, NJ
While Blue Umbrella is primarily known for basement waterproofing in Rutherford, we also offer expert basement foundation repair services. So when you notice cracks in your basement walls, you know who to call. In the meantime, the cracks you see in your basement walls can help you recognize underlying foundation issues.
Vertical: Naturally and over time, concrete will shrink, resulting in vertical wall cracks. While this type of crack may not be related to a foundation issue, the cracks may allow water into your Rutherford home. We can help you repair and seal vertical basement wall cracks to reduce the amount of water seepage.
Horizontal: Horizontal cracks can be a sign of foundation issues. They often form because external soil surrounding your basement has started to press up against your basement walls. If left untreated, horizontal cracks become more expensive to repair.
Stair Step: One of the most common cracks found in block wall foundations are stair-step cracks. Often found at the corners of your basement, stair step cracks are caused by uneven foundation settling. If you see these cracks, you need to call us to repair any damage to the foundation.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
Blue Umbrella offers commercial and residential clients less invasive but just as permanent foundation repair solutions. Need a quote for your foundation? Call us today!
Steel I-Beam Installation
When your basement walls bow inward over two inches, you should consider installing Steel I-Beam. The I-beams are installed every four feet along the offending wall and are mounted to the floor and ceiling of your basement, keeping them securely in place. The I-beams reinforce your basement walls preventing further bowing.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Carbon fiber strip installation is an option when you experience bowing in your basement walls less than two inches. Stronger than steel, carbon fiber strips can strengthen the basement walls in your Rutherford, NJ home. In addition, carbon fiber strip installation only takes a couple of days to complete, and carbon fiber strips can be covered up or painted over, making them less visible.
Prep for Your Rutherford Project
A foundation repair or basement waterproofing project in Rutherford, NJ can involve a lot of steps, but Blue Umbrella will be with you throughout the whole thing. Here are some helpful links as you get started on the journey.
Rutherford, NJ Department of Building and Zoning
Location: Borough Hall, Main level, 176 Park Avenue, Rutherford, NJ 07070
Email: [email protected]
Hours: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing is your expert basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair expert! We have served the Rutherford, NJ area for years and are a trusted source in the community. Schedule a free home inspection with us today to get started!
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.