Westfield, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Serving Homeowners & Businesses
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing has helped hundreds of homeowners and business throughout the greater Westfield area for years. Let us help you.
You can count on:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
Blue Umbrella has earned a brand build on a reputation on quality service and reliable waterproofing and foundation repair solutions. Expect industry-leading products and top-notch service. Reach out to us today to receive a free inspection of your Westfield home.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Every home is different, even from the one next to it which makes the basement waterproofing issues of each home unique as well. This is why we create customized waterproofing plans for each home in greater Westfield. Your basement waterproofing plan may include:
- Weep holes drilled along the inside of your basement wall perimeter.
- A French drain is installed along the basement perimeter to collect any water entering through the weep holes.
- A sump pump is installed and pumps out any water collected in the French drains out of your home.
- To be safe a battery back-up sump pump is also installed to ensure the system is fully functioning even during a power outage.
- For some basements, another solution is exterior basement waterproofing to prevent water seeping through the basement walls.
- Lastly, a basement dehumidifier is installed. The dehumidifier keeps the humidity of the air low enough to prevent mold growth.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Having a waterproofing system installed in your Westfield home has more benefits than keeping the area dry. Some of these benefits include:
- Improved health and safety environment – Lower basement humidity means no mold growth and no mold means no respiratory infections and allergic reaction that come from the release of mold spores.
- Protect your home’s value – Purchasing a home just to have its value destroyed by water damage can be incredibly upsetting. You can protect your home’s value with a proper basement waterproofing system.
- Extra Space – With your basement waterproofed you now have a whole floor of extra space that you can use for a home theater, a bedroom, an office, storage space, and more.
- Reduce Stress Levels – Lastly, you can sleep peacefully knowing that the basement waterproofing system is keeping your home safe, even during a rainstorm.
Waterproofing A Basement Wall in Westfield, NJ
A customer in Westfield, New Jersey was dealing with water entering through one of the basement walls and asked that we waterproof just one wall. We added an interior french drain along the problematic wall, that drained any entering water to a sump pump installed in a sump pump basin. The water was pumped safely out and away from the home. If you need basement waterproofing give us a call: 908.432.8858.
Westfield, NJ Finished Basement Waterproofing System
We helped a Westfield, NJ homeowner keep their basement dry by installing a basement waterproofing system with an interior french drain, a sump pump basin, and a sump pump. Any entering water is captured, funneled to the sump pump, and removed from the basement. All of this runs behind the scenes with the end result of no more water in the basement.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
Some homes have a crawl space rather than a basement, but water can still cause serious damage in the space and to your home’s foundation. Common issues in the crawl space include:
- Mold growth in the crawl space can find its way upstairs.
- Water damage can lead to deterioration of your home’s foundation.
- Bugs, insects and rodents like nothing better than an abandoned crawl space.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Your crawl space ‘breathes’ into your home and the air in your crawl space travels throughout your house. You can’t seal off the crawl space from the rest of your home, but you can seal off the crawl space from the outdoors. The steps of your crawl space repair include:
- Drying the Space:Your crawl space first needs to be cleaned out and dried out.
- Sump Pump Installation:A sump pump is added to the crawl space to remove any entering water.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: The crawl space is then encapsulated with a thick, vinyl liner that runs along the floor and crawl space walls.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier:A dehumidifier designed for the crawl space is added, controlling the humidity and stopping any mold growth.
Basement Foundation Repair
Along with waterproofing, Blue Umbrella can help correct foundation issues in your Westfield home. You can also get a good idea of the underlying issues with your basement foundation by looking at the type of cracks forming in the basement walls.
Vertical: If you see vertical wall cracks your foundation is probably fine. Vertical cracks occur naturally as aging concrete shrinks over time. But these wall cracks can allow water to slowly seep into the basement. Our team can seal off these cracks to keep water out of the basement.
Horizontal: Horizontal wall cracks form as soil pressure builds up on the outside of your basement walls causing the walls to bow inward. The bowing walls develop these characteristic horizontal wall cracks. Without correction the wall cracks will continue to weaken and eventually collapse.
Stair Step:Over time, the soil underneath your home’s foundation settles and our basement floor settles with it. But if the soil settles unevenly this causes the floor to sink unevenly and puts string on the basement walls creating stair step cracks.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
Blue Umbrella offers minimally invasive, long-lasting foundation solutions for your Westfield home.
Steel I-Beam Installation
We can install steel I-beams along the inner perimeter of the basement wall. The I-beams provide support to the wall, strengthening it against any further damage.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Another option besides steel I-beams is carbon fiber strips. The carbon fiber strips are stronger than strips and can be installed flush along the basement walls. The strips can even be painted over, but more importantly they provide reliable support to weakened foundation walls.
Prep for Your Westfield Project
A foundation repair or basement waterproofing project in Westfield, NJ can involve a lot of steps, but Blue Umbrella will be with you throughout the whole thing. Here are some helpful links as you get started on the journey.
Westfield, NJ Building & Construction
Westfield Town Hall
425 East Broad Street
Westfield, NJ 07090
Construction Official: Frank Vuoso
Helpful Westfield, NJ Links
Building & Construction
Forms & Permits
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
If you are dealing with foundation damage or water in your basement or crawl space give Blue Umbrella Waterproofing a call. We have helped homeowners and businesses in Westfield for years and we can help you. Call us at: 908.432.8858
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.