Somerset County, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Waterproofing Basements, Fixing Crawl Spaces & Repairing Foundations
Blue Umbrella has been helping out homeowners and businesses in Somerset county for years, providing reliable, warrantied basement waterproofing crawl space encapsulation and foundation repair services. Our team at Blue Umbrella is proud to offer:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
Why have your neighbors chosen Blue Umbrella? Because they want long-lasting waterproofing and foundation solutions with a lifetime warranty. They want an honest and reliable waterproofing team. They want to know that their home is protected for years. Reach out to us to learn how we can help you like we have helped hundreds of others.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Does your home need waterproofing?
Do you need waterproofing in your Somerset county home? If you have damp basement walls, moisture seeping through cracks, or water pooling on the floor you need waterproofing. To figure out the best waterproofing solution for your home the first step is to schedule a free inspection with one of our basement waterproofing experts.
How Does Our Basement Waterproofing Work?
- Depending on your home we may recommend exterior or interior basement waterproofing solutions. For an interior solution, first, weep holes are drilled along the basement wall perimeter to redirect any entering water.
- Next, a french drain is installed that collects any water entering through the weep holes.
- The french drain channels the water to a newly installed sump pump which pumps the water out of the home. A battery backup pump is added to remove water even in the case of a power outage.
- The system is completed with a specialty basement dehumidifier, keeping the basement humidity low enough to prevent the growth of mold.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
A waterproofing system means more than a dry basement. Additional benefits include:
- Improved health and a safer environment – No mold or humidity in the basement means no mold which means no allergic reactions from mold spores.
- Protect your home’s value - A waterproofed dry basement protects your home’s value and may even increase it.
- Extra space - A dry basement gives you an entire floor of new usable space.
- Reduce stress levels - No more water in the basement, no more damaged property, no more stress.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
If your Somerset County home has a crawl space instead of a basement, Blue Umbrella is still your go-to waterproofing expert. We offer crawl space encapsulation services to keep your crawl space protected from:
- Mold growing in your crawl space
- Pooling water damaging the foundation
- Insects and rodents invading the space.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
You can’t separate the crawl space from the rest of your home. Whatever wet, cold air enters the crawl space will make it upstairs. So, we seal off the crawl space from the outside. This is crawl space encapsulation.
- Drying the Space: Before anything is installed, the space is first cleaned out and drained of any water.
- Sump Pump Installation: Next, a crawl space sump pump is placed in the lowest area of the crawl space to remove any water that may enter.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: The crawl space is sealed off from the outside using a thick, vinyl liner that is placed along the walls and floor.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A dehumidifier is added to the crawl space. Controlling the humidity prevents mold growth.
Basement Foundation Repair
Do you have basement water issues? Blue Umbrella is your expert. Do you have basement foundation issues? We can help there too. Blue Umbrella has helped hundreds of homeowners in Somerset County and New Jersey fix basement foundation problems. If you are unsure of the nature of your basement issue the type of cracks you see can give you a clue.
Vertical: Vertical wall cracks naturally occur as the concrete in your home’s foundation ages. These types of cracks do not mean you have a foundation issue, but you may have water seeping in through the cracks. We can correct this issue with epoxy injections.
Horizontal: If you have noticed horizontal wall cracks in your basement this is a problem. As external soil presses against your basement walls, the walls may begin to bow inwards. Unless corrected the walls can eventually collapse.
Stair- Step: Similar to horizontal wall cracks, stair-step cracks also mean trouble. If your basement foundation settles unevenly, it can cause pressure on the basement walls creating stair-step cracks.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
To fix the underlying issues, Blue Umbrella uses reliable, minimally invasive foundation repair solutions.
Steel I-Beam Installation
If the basement walls have already bowed inwards significantly (more than two inches), we recommend installing steel I-beams. The I-beams strengthen the walls, preventing any further weakening.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
A second option is the installation of carbon fiber strips. The carbon fiber strengthens the wall and has the added benefit of being easily hidden. The strips can even be painted over.
Serving Greater Somerset County
We provide basement waterproofing, foundation repair, and crawl space encapsulation for homeowners and businesses throughout all of Somerset County. If you have a question, give us a call today.
- Bedminster Township
- Bernards Township
- Bound Brook
- Branchburg Township
- Bridgewater Township
- Far Hills
- Franklin Township
- Green Brook Township
- Hillsborough Township
- Montgomery Township
- North Plainfield
- Rocky Hill
- South Bound Brook
- Warren Township
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
If you are a homeowner or business in Somerset County and need basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, or basement foundation repair make sure to give us a call today. The longer you wait, the bigger the problem can become. The quicker you call, the faster we can fix the problem, using reliable, warrantied systems.
Understanding Is the First Step
We will provide a full inspection and explain in detail the different options that best fit your needs.