Fanwood, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Serving Homeowners & Businesses
For years Blue Umbrella Waterproofing has been helping homeowners and businesses throughout Fanwood. If you need basement waterproofing, crawl space repair or basement foundation repair we can help. Receive a free home inspection. Reach out to us today.
You can count on:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
We treat your home as we treat our own. You can expect your project to be completed on time and within budget. We stand behind our work and provide only long-lasting, reliable solutions for your property.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Each home in Fanwood is unique and your home requires a custom basement waterproofing solution. This could include an interior French drain installation or an exterior waterproofing installation. Your home waterproofing plan may include:
- French drain installation. The French drain is installed around the basement perimeter, collecting any water and draining it to a sump pump.
- Weep hole drilling is done to guide any water seeping into the basement, controlling the flow directly into the French drain which flows to the sump pump.
- Battery backup sump pump can be added to protect your home in a power outage.
- Basement dehumidifier installation to control humidity in the space.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Basement waterproofing does more than just keep your basement dry. Here are some of the other benefits.
- Improved health and safety environment – Humidity build up in the basement can lead to mold growth. Mold spores can be the cause of allergic symptoms and upper respiratory infections.
- Protect your home’s value – Water damage in your home lowers its value. Proper basement waterproofing can help protect your Fanwood home’s value.
- Extra Space – With your basement waterproofed and protected you can turn the downstairs into a home office, a living space, or a home theater.
- Reduce Stress Levels – Sleeping peacefully at night during a rainstorm without having a fear of basement flooding is a wonderful feeling.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
Even though people rarely go down into the crawl space it can become quite the problem if left ignored. Your crawl space needs to be encapsulated and protected. Common crawl space issues include:
- Mold growth in the crawl space can find its way upstairs.
- Water damage can lead to deterioration of your home’s foundation.
- Bugs, insects and rodents like nothing better than an abandoned crawl space.
If you need help with your crawl space, Blue Umbrella Waterproofing is ready to help. We have served homeowners and businesses in Fanwood for years.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Your crawl space is attached to your home and cannot be separated from upstairs, but you can separate the crawl space from the outdoors. This is the crawl space encapsulation process.
- Drying the Space:First the crawl space needs to be cleaned out and dried.
- Sump Pump Installation:After the crawl space is dried, a sump pump is installed to pump out any water entering the space.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: A thick, durable liner is laid down on the floors and walls. Any windows are covered. The system seals off any moisture from the outside.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier:A dehumidifier is installed in the crawl space. By carefully controlling the humidity in the space, mold growth can be prevented.
Basement Foundation Repair
If you are dealing with a basement foundation issue in your Fanwood home, Blue Umbrella has helpful solutions. To get a better idea of the underlying issue, inspecting the wall cracks can be a good place to start. Common basement wall cracks include:
Vertical: Over time, concrete naturally shrinks. This results in vertical wall cracks. Vertical wall cracks are normal and generally don’t indicate a foundation problem, but water can seep in through the cracks. We seal the cracks to prevent water from entering the basement.
Horizontal:Horizontal wall cracks are an indicator of foundation issues. Soil pressure outside the basement walls can cause the walls to bow inward. If left unchecked the walls will eventually collapse.
Stair Step:If the soil underneath the foundation of your Fanwood home settles unevenly, it causes the concrete floors to dip, putting strain on the basement walls. This strain can cause stair step cracks to form.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
Blue Umbrella provides minimally invasive foundation repair solutions for your home.
Steel I-Beam Installation
Steel beams are installed along the inner perimeter of the basement, strengthening the walls, preventing them from bowing inwards.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
If your foundation walls are weak, they can be strengthened with carbon fiber strips. Carbon fiber is stronger than steel. The carbon fiber strips are installed flush with the basement walls and can be painted over. The strips strengthen the basement walls, providing long-term protection.
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
If you live in Fanwood or own a business and am in need of basement waterproofing, crawl space repair or basement foundation repair we are here to help. Get a free home inspection today. Give us a call to get started: 908.432.8858
Understanding Is the First Step
Our certified experts will fully inspect your home and explain the different options that best suit your needs.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tips, tools & news!
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing Proudly Serves These Areas
Bergen County, NJ
Essex County, NJ
Hudson County, NJ
Hunterdon County, NJ
Middlesex County, NJ
Morris County, NJ
Passaic County, NJ
Union County, NJ