Garwood, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Serving Homeowners & Businesses
If you live or own property in Garwood and are having waterproofing or foundation issues, Blue Umbrella has years of experience helping individuals just like you. Reach out to us today.
You can count on:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
Every project we work on is started on time, finished on time, and stays within budget. We have built a reputation of trustworthy work and reliable solutions. Give us a call to receive a free home inspection.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
No two homes in Garwood are exactly alike and no two waterproofing problems are exactly alike either. Before we begin any work on your home, we perform a thorough inspection an create a customized waterproofing plan for your home. Your plan may include:
- French drain installation. A perimeter French drain is installed in your basement. Any entering water is collected in the French drain and then guided to a sump pump which pumps the water out and away from your home.
- Weep holes are drilled along the inside perimeter of the basement wall forcing any entering water into the French drain.
- A battery backup sump pump is added to ensure that your system is functioning, even during a power outage.
- A basement dehumidifier is added to control humidity in the space, preventing the growth of mold.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Installing a waterproofing system brings additional benefits beyond a dry space.
- Improved health and safety environment – Keeping the basement dry keeps mold out. No mold means no mold spores and respiratory infections they can cause.
- Protect your home’s value –Water in your basement leads to water damage, which will destroy your home’s value. A waterproofing system protects your home’s value in case you ever plan to sell it.
- Extra Space – With a waterproofed basement, you have an extra floor of usable space for a home office, a home theater or another bedroom.
- Reduce Stress Levels –You finally get to sleep peacefully during a rainstorm knowing your basement won’t be flooded come morning.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
If your Garwood home has a crawl space rather than a basement it is a good chance that you don’t go down there until something has gone wrong. The good news is that Blue Umbrella can help repair and protect your basement. Common crawl space issues can include:
- Mold growth in the crawl space can find its way upstairs.
- Water damage can lead to deterioration of your home’s foundation.
- Bugs, insects and rodents like nothing better than an abandoned crawl space.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Anything in your crawl space eventually makes its way upstairs and while you can’t seal off the crawl space from the upstairs you can seal the crawl space from the outdoors.
- Drying the Space: Before your crawl space is waterproofed the area needs to be cleaned and dried.
- Sump Pump Installation: A dry crawl space is ready for the next step. A sump pump is installed to collect any water in the space and pump it out of your home.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: The crawl space is encapsulated, meaning that a thick, vinyl liner is laid down on the crawl space floor and walls keeping out any moisture.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A dehumidifier is installed in the space to control the humidity. With low enough humidity, mold growth is prevented.
Basement Foundation Repair
Blue Umbrella can also help with foundation repair in your Garwood home. Just as with waterproofing, we start with a home inspection. The type of cracks you see in your basement walls can provide clues as to the underlying foundation issue.
Vertical: Vertical wall cracks generally don’t mean there is a foundation issue. As concrete it ages it shrinks and naturally develops vertical wall cracks. Though they don’t cause foundation problems, the cracks can let in water. To prevent water from seeping into the basement we seal these cracks.
Horizontal: Horizontal wall cracks can mean there is a foundation problem. These types of cracks are caused by the external pressure of soil outside the basement walls pushing inward on the walls. If left unchecked, eventually the external pressure will cause the basement walls to collapse.
Stair Step: If the soil beneath your home settles unevenly the foundation floor will settle unevenly as well putting pressure on the walls, causing stair step cracks. This issue does need to be fixed.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
To strengthen the foundation of your Garwood home we provide minimally-invasive, reliable solutions.
Steel I-Beam Installation
Steel I-beams are placed along the inner perimeter of the basement wall providing support and preventing bowing basement walls from becoming any worse.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Another option is to install carbon fiber strips flush along the basement walls. Carbon fiber is stronger than steel and the strips lay flat against the walls and can even be painted over. The installation is simple and fast.
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
If you are dealing with foundation damage or water in your basement or crawl space give Blue Umbrella Waterproofing a call. We have helped homeowners and businesses in Garwood for years and we can help you. Call us at: 908.432.8858
Understanding Is the First Step
We will provide a full inspection and explain in detail the different options that best fit your needs.