Mountainside, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Serving Homeowners & Businesses
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing knows basement waterproofing and foundation repair and we know how to help you with your home or business in greater Mountainside.
You can count on:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
At Blue Umbrella we set ourselves apart by providing only the highest customer service with reliable, warranted waterproofing and foundation repair systems. We stand by our work and can complete your project on time and within budget. Give us a call today to receive a free home inspection.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
When we enter your Mountainside home, we know that it is unique and the waterproofing issues in the basement are unique as well, so we start with a complete home inspection. With the home inspection complete we develop a basement waterproofing plan that may include:
- Weep hole drilling along the inner perimeter basement wall. The weep holes control the flow of water entering the basement.
- A French drain is installed collecting any entering water and carefully draining it a sump pump.
- The basement sump pump rakes take all of the water from the French channel drain and pumps it safely out and away from your home.
To make sure the interior basement waterproofing system is operational even during a power outage.
- A basement dehumidifier completes the system, controlling the humidity in the space, which prevents the growth of mold.
- Some basements may require an exterior basement waterproofing solution. Sealant is added along the outside of the basement walls to stop any water from permeating the basement wall.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Basement waterproofing does more than keep your basement dry. It provides additional benefits which include:
- Improved health and safety environment – No water in the basement and controlled humidity means no mold growth, and no mold means no mold spores which can cause respiratory infections and allergic reactions.
- Protect your home’s value – Having your home’s value destroyed in moments can be devastating, but that is what an happen with a bad basement flood. A proper basement waterproofing system helps protect the value of your home.
- Extra Space – Having a waterproofed basement means an entire floor of potential living space or storage space you can now use.
- Reduce Stress Levels – You can now sleep peacefully, day or night, rain or shine. You know you home is protected.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
If your Mountainside home has a crawl space rather than a basement, we can still help. We provide complete crawl space repair and crawl space encapsulation. Common issues you may run into with your crawl space include:
- Mold growth in the crawl space can find its way upstairs.
- Water damage can lead to deterioration of your home’s foundation.
- Bugs, insects and rodents like nothing better than an abandoned crawl space.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Your crawl space and your home above it are connected and moisture and air in the crawl space can make its way up into your home. You can’t seal off the crawl space from upstairs, but you can seal off the crawl space from outside. Steps to crawl space repair include:
- Drying the Space: Before your crawl space is encapsulated it must first be cleaned out and dried out.
- Sump Pump Installation: After the space is dried, a sump pump is installed in the crawl space to ensure any entering water is removed.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: A thick, vinyl liner is placed along the basement wall and basement floor. Any vents are covered and the entire crawl space is sealed from the outdoors.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A dehumidifier is added, similar to in a basement to control the humidity and stop any mold growth.
Basement Foundation Repair
Blue Umbrella also helps homeowners and businesses in Mountainside dealing with foundation issues. If you are noticing cracks developing in your basement walls you can get a general idea of the underlying foundation issues.
Vertical: As concrete ages vertical cracks naturally develop and are generally not an indicator of a foundation issues. But the wall cracks can allow water to enter the basement. We can seal the cracks to prevent water from seeping in.
Horizontal:Horizontal wall cracks occur as soil outside the basement press in on the walls causing them to bow inwards. The walls need to be corrected. If ignored the issues will grow worse until the walls eventually collapse.
Stair Step: Stair step cracks (vertical and horizontal) occur as the soil beneath your foundation shifts. If it shifts unevenly the foundation will settle unevenly putting stress on the foundation walls. This issue does need to be corrected.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
We provide minimally invasive, reliable foundation repair solutions for homeowners and business in greater Mountainside.
Steel I-Beam Installation
Steel I-beams can be installed along the inner perimeter of the basement walls. The I-beams provide support to damaged or weakened basement walls to prevent any further damage.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Carbon fiber is stronger than steel and carbon fiber strips are another potential solution. The strips are laid against the basement walls. Similar to I-beams the carbon fiber strips support the wall. The strips lay flush against the wall and you can even paint over them.
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
If you live in Mountainside and are dealing with a damaged foundation or waterproofing issue, you don’t need to deal with it any longer. Have Blue Umbrella help. Call us today to receive a free home inspection: Call us at: 908.432.8858
Understanding Is the First Step
Our certified experts will fully inspect your home and explain the different options that best suit your needs.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tips, tools & news!
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing Proudly Serves These Areas
Bergen County, NJ
Essex County, NJ
Hudson County, NJ
Hunterdon County, NJ
Middlesex County, NJ
Morris County, NJ
Passaic County, NJ
Union County, NJ