Winfield, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Your Trusted Basement & Foundation Contractor in Winfield
With decades of experience, Blue Umbrella Waterproofing has the trained professionals you need whenever your basement starts leaking or your foundation starts leaning. Whether it's crawl space repair, basement waterproofing, foundation repair, crawl space waterproofing, or anything in between, we are your reliable solution in Greater Winfield, NJ.
- Free inspection & estimates
- A lifetime warranty
- Quality products
- Respect for your home
- Decades of experience
- An Umbrella Maintenance Plan
We know that dealing with a basement leak or leaning foundation provides plenty of stress, which is why we won’t add any more to your life. Instead, our team will show up on time, keep within budget, and make repairs with tried and tested products and materials. When we are done, you’ll wonder if there was a problem with your Winfield, NJ home in the first place.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
There are few things more stressful than a basement leak. These leaks are common and can easily cause severe damage if they aren’t fixed in time. That’s why when you give us a call, we will respond quickly and provide you with a basement waterproofing solution customized to your home. While there’s no one size fits all solution to a basement waterproofing issue, our team can quickly diagnose the issue to determine the exact problem and the best solution.
How Does Interior Basement Waterproofing Work?
- Weep Holes – These are small holes drilled into the base of the basement walls and provide a way to drain water from the basement.
- French drain – Also referred to as weeping tiles and by various other names, these drains are commonly used around foundations to collect water and transport it to a sump pump.
- Basement Sump Pumps – These powerful pumps are usually the key to any basement waterproofing strategy. Water directed to these pumps will be removed from your basement and transported far from your home through an exterior drainage system.
- Battery Backup Sump Pump – It’s always a good idea to prepare for the worst, and basement waterproofing is no different. That’s why we also use battery backup sump pumps to ensure your basement waterproofing system doesn’t fail, even if your electric grid does. With challenging basement water issues, we use Blue Angel sump pumps.
- Basement Dehumidifier – The final part of most basement waterproofing solutions is the addition of a powerful dehumidifier. These systems will keep the area dry, thus preventing wood rot and mold growth.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
While basement waterproofing’s main benefit is keeping your basement dry, that is only the tip of the iceberg. A dry basement has numerous other benefits including:
- Living Space – If you’re considering adding more room to your home, a dry basement can be a great place to start.
- Home Value – If you hate living with a wet basement, then imagine the concern a potential homebuyer might have. Knowing that you already have a working basement waterproofing system can help close a sale.
- Health & Safety – A wet basement is a haven for mold growth, and mold spores can produce numerous problems including allergic reactions and even respiratory infections.
- Stress Relief – Life can be stressful enough without worrying about a wet basement all the time. Knowing your basement is protected can be a major relief.
Crawl Space Encapsulation & Repair
If your Winfield, NJ home has a crawl space, then don’t neglect its repairs. While often an unpleasant home space, it doesn’t have to be. Here at Blue Umbrella, we repair, encapsulate, and waterproof crawl spaces, turning them from nuisances and pest havens to clean spaces that you can use for storage or other needs.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
While the crawl space might be a lot smaller than a typical basement in Winfield, the crawl space waterproofing (encapsulating) process is actually quite similar.
- Drying the Space – Since crawl spaces often collect water, the first thing our team will do is remove that water and dry out the space.
- Sump Pump Installation – With the space dry, our team will then install a sump pump to keep it that way.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation – The reason so many crawl spaces end up as disgusting messes is because they are often exposed to the elements. By sealing your crawl space with a durable, protective liner we can ensure your crawl space will remain clean once we’re done.
- Dehumidifier Installation – Finally, we’ll install a dehumidifier to ensure your space stays dry and isn’t susceptible to mold growth and rot.
Leave your crawl space to the experts at Blue Umbrella Waterproofing, and you can rest easy knowing your Winfield, NJ home is in good hands. We’ll work quickly but thoroughly to ensure that your crawl space is repaired correctly and won’t give you trouble for a long, long time.
Foundation Repair in Winfield, NJ
If your Winfield, NJ home has cracks in the stairs or basement walls, don’t ignore them. These can be clear signs of an underlying foundation problem.
Vertical: As concrete shrinks over time, vertical cracks sometimes form. While not usually related to a foundation issue, such cracks often allow water to seep into the basement. By repairing and sealing these cracks early, you can prevent a costly waterproofing issue later.
Horizontal: Unlike vertical cracks, horizontal cracks usually indicate an actual issue with your foundation. Such cracks are usually caused by soil nearby pushing against your walls and forcing them inwards. Even if such cracks don’t look too big at first, they can get worse quickly and should be addressed right away.
Stair-Step: Another strong indication of a foundation issue, these types of cracks generally indicate that the soil under the home isn’t settling evenly. This can put intense stress on your basement walls and should be addressed with a foundation repair solution immediately.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
Our expert team at Blue Umbrella can help you if you have a foundation issue. While repairing a foundation might seem complicated, our team has years of experience, and we can make the repairs quickly, permanently, and all without being invasive or overly disruptive.
Steel I-Beam Installation
If the bow of your walls is more than two inches, then carbon fiber reinforcement is likely not enough for your Winfield home. Instead, you’ll want to install steel I-beams. These beams are flush with the basement walls, fastened to the top and bottom, and serve to prevent further bowing.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Carbon fiber strips are a common solution for inwardly bowed basement walls. As long as the bow is less than two inches, these strips can be used every four feet to strengthen the walls and prevent further weakening. Stronger than steel, carbon fiber is capable of holding the walls in place while being easy to install. You can even hide the strips with paint if you’d like to ensure they aren’t too noticeable.
Prep for Your Winfield Project
A foundation repair or basement waterproofing project in Winfield, NJ can involve a lot of steps, but Blue Umbrella will be with you throughout the whole thing. Here are some helpful links as you get started on the journey.
Winfield, NJ Building Office
Phone: (908) 925-3850
Frank Genova, Construction Official
12 Gulfstream Avenue
Winfield, NJ 07036
Helpful Glen Rock, NJ Links
Winfield, NJ Building Department Info
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
Do you have a leak in your basement, cracks in your walls, or simply a crawl space needing encapsulation? Blue Umbrella Waterproofing proudly provides Winfield, NJ, with basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, basement foundation repair, and more. Whether you own a home or business in Winfield, we can help. Give us a call today at (908) 628-1982 and schedule a free home inspection!
Understanding Is the First Step
We will provide a full inspection and explain in detail the different options that best fit your needs.