Millburn, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Millburn's Trusted Basement & Foundation Repair Contractor
Blue Umbrella has the waterproofing and foundation repair expertise and experience you need. For years we have been Millburn's go-to for crawl space repair, crawl space encapsulation, and basement foundation repair. We offer reliable, warrantied solutions for homeowners and businesses throughout greater Millburn. When you choose us as your Millburn waterproofing company, you can count on:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
You can be sure that your home in Millburn, NJ, will receive expert service from our seasoned professionals. Blue Umbrella provides the highest quality waterproofing and repair, along with our proven products and materials. Contact us today.
Need waterproofing or foundation repair?
We provide free inspections and estimates so you can find out.
Basement Waterproofing in Millburn
All Millburn homes are unique and have different needs. So we tailor our waterproofing solutions to your home’s requirements! For example, with new home construction, exterior waterproofing can be used. But, for existing homes, exterior waterproofing requires digging up driveways and flowerbeds, making interior waterproofing the better solution. Our Interior waterproofing process includes:
How Does Interior Basement Waterproofing Work?
- To control entering water, weep holes are drilled around the perimeter of the basement to direct entering water.
- A french drain is installed to collect entering water. The drain leads the water to the sump pump for removal.
- The basement sump pump receives the captured water. It pumps the water out of the basement through the exterior drainage system. Multiple sump pumps can be installed depending on the size of the basement.
- The exterior drainage system channels the water from the sump pump out of the basement safely and away from your home. The water is expelled into the street or fifteen feet out into your yard.
- A battery sump pump is added to keep your home protected even during a power outage.
- To prevent mold and rot from developing, the humidity in your basement must be kept at a low level. A dehumidifier is placed in the basement to decrease moisture levels in the air. When there isn’t enough moisture, mold, and rot will not grow.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Waterproofing keeps your home protected and dry, but that’s not all! Waterproofing comes with additional benefits.
- Health and safety improvements. Mold growing within your basement results from wet and humid conditions in the lower levels of your home. Mold spores can cause negative allergic symptoms and upper respiratory infections as it spreads through the house. Waterproofing stops molds from growing.
- Value of the home. Water-damaged homes are less than desirable. If this damage is prevented, your home's value is protected, making it easier to sell in the future.
- Space with a purpose. Waterproofing your basement allows you to turn that space into an area that can be used. A purposeful space for your work, enjoyment, or entertainment.
- No worries and no problems. After waterproofing, there is no concern over water entering your basement. You can have peace of mind.
Crawl Space Encapsulation, Waterproofing, & Repair
Does your Millburn, NJ, home need waterproofing, but your home doesn’t have a basement but a crawl space? No problem! We also offer crawl space waterproofing and encapsulation to protect your home from water, mold growth, rot, and pests.
How the Crawl Space Waterproofing & Encapsulation Process Works
Crawl space waterproofing and encapsulation follow similar steps to basement waterproofing.
- Removing moisture and debris. First, the space must be prepared before the installation process can begin. Water must be removed from the space, and moisture must be dried before encapsulation. Debris and other materials should be cleared as well. Any pests could cause a problem for the system later and should be exterminated or evacuated.
- French Drain. A french drain is installed along the perimeter of the crawl space.
- Sump pump installation. Water entering the crawl space is collected by the sump pump and removed through the drainage system.
- Encapsulation. A protective liner is placed against the walls and floor of the crawl space. This durable liner seals moisture and pests from entering the space. This process creates a strong barrier between your home and the outside.
- Dehumidifier. A dehumidifier is installed. The dehumidifier lowers the moisture levels in the air if needed. It prevents the growth of mold and rot.
Blue Umbrella delivers quality crawl space encapsulation that will protect your Millburn homes for years.
Millburn, NJ Foundation Repair
Over time concrete will shrink naturally, causing vertical cracks in your basement walls. Usually, these cracks aren’t a sign of foundation issues, but moisture can seep through these openings. Our professionals repair and seal these cracks to prevent water from entering your home and causing further damage.
Vertical: Over time, concrete will shrink naturally, causing vertical cracks in your basement walls. Usually, these cracks aren’t a sign of foundation issues, but moisture can seep through these openings. Our professionals repair and seal these cracks to prevent water from entering your home and causing further damage.
Horizontal: Horizontal cracks are an indication of foundation issues. Shallow soil pressing against the basement walls can cause them to bend inwards and crack. Bowing walls must be repaired as they will cause much more significant complications in the future.
Stair Step: Another strong indicator of foundation issues in your Millburn home is stair-step cracks. Uneven soil settling beneath the floor's foundation can cause stress on basement walls. This stress caused by an uneven foundation leads to stair-step cracks. If these cracks are present, you will most likely need foundation repair.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
Blue Umbrella offers reliable, long-lasting, and minimally invasive foundation repair services for both homeowners and businesses. Our professionals can be trusted to deliver the quality foundation repair services you need.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Carbon fiber strips are the best solution, with a basement wall bowed inward less than two inches. These carbon fiber strips are even stronger than steel and highly durable. The carbon fiber strips are installed every four feet against the damaged foundation wall to prevent further damage from stress against your foundation. Additionally, you can paint over the carbon fiber strips as if they weren’t even there after the installation.
Steel I-Beam Installation
Steel I-beams will need to be installed if your Millburn, NJ, home has basement walls bowing inward beyond two inches. The I-beams are secured to the top and bottom of the walls, strengthening them and preventing further bending. The reinforcement relieves the stress on the bowing walls.
Prep for Your Millburn Project
A foundation repair or basement waterproofing project in Millburn, NJ can involve a lot of steps, but Blue Umbrella will be with you throughout the whole thing. Here are some helpful links as you get started on the journey.
Millburn, NJ Building & Zoning
375 Millburn Ave, Millburn, NJ 07041
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
Blue umbrella is your local and proven expert in the greater Millburn, NJ area! Contact us today if your home or basement needs basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, encapsulation, or foundation repair.
Schedule your free basement inspection at your Millburn, NJ home or business by calling (908) 628-1982 or contact us online today!
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.