Sussex County, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Your Trusted, Local Basement & Foundation Specialist
If you live in Sussex County and need basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, or foundation repair services no need to look any further. Blue Umbrella has helped hundreds of individuals just like you, offering permanent, lifetime-warrantied solutions.
- Free inspection & estimates
- A lifetime warranty
- Quality products
- Respect for your home
- Decades of experience
- An Umbrella Maintenance Plan
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Does your home need waterproofing?
First, do you need basement waterproofing, and what system best suits your needs? Before installing a basement waterproofing system in your Sussex County home one of our basement specialists will visit and provide a thorough home inspection, sit down with you to explain the challenge you are facing and what work is needed, as well as answer all your questions and provide you with a free estimate.
How Does Our Basement Waterproofing Work?
- Every property is different. Some may be best waterproofed with an exterior system and others with an interior system, but most often interior basement waterproofing is the more reliable, inexpensive option.
- In an interior system, after cleaning out the space, weep holes are drilled through the base of the basement walls along the entire basement perimeter.
- Water is directed by the weep holes into a french drain installed flush with the basement floor.
- The french drain channels the collected water and brings it to a sump basin equipped with a high-capacity sump pump.
- The sump pump pumps the water up and out of the basement to an exterior drainage system which brings the water safely away from the basement and your home. With tough basement water issues, we use Blue Angel sump pumps.
- Finally, a specialized dehumidifier is added to the basement. The dehumidifier keeps the humidity low enough to prevent mold and rot.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Having a dry basement from the basement waterproofing of your Sussex County home brings additional benefits.
- Improved health and a safer environment – No basement water or excess humidity prevent mold growth in the space, preventing mold spores that can irritate allergies or even cause them.
- Protected home value - Preventing the water damage and rot from basement water issues protects your home’s value.
- Extra space - If your basement is dry that means you have a whole new floor of space for a den, a personal gym, or just extra storage.
- Reduce stress levels - When it rains at night you no longer need to run down to the basement to see if water is seeping in. You can finally sleep soundly.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
If your Sussex County home has a crawl space instead of a basement, Blue Umbrella can help with that as well, offering full crawl space waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and crawl space repair. Properly repairing and encapsulating your crawl space can help prevent not only water pooling in the space but prevent mold growth, and rodent and insect infestations.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Waterproofing a crawl space follows many of the steps of basement waterproofing:
- Drying the Space: The space is dried out and any debris removed.
- Sump Pump Installation: The crawl space floor is graded, sloping to one corner where a crawl space sump pump is installed to collect and remove any water.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: After cleaning, and grading the floor, the crawl space is encapsulated. The vents and entrance are sealed and a thick, vinyl liner is placed along the floor and walls, encapsulating the entire space from the outside.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A crawl space dehumidifier is installed to maintain safe humidity, preventing mold from growing in the crawl space.
Basement Foundation Repair
In addition to basement waterproofing and crawl space encapsulation Blue Umbrella serves Sussex County homeowners and businesses with professional foundation repair services. If you are having foundation issues, a quick, initial way to understand the cause of the issue is by observing the type of basement wall cracks that appear.
Vertical: If you see vertical wall cracks in your basement walls this doesn’t necessarily mean that you have a foundation issue since vertical wall cracks naturally form as concrete ages. But, vertical wall cracks can allow water to seep into the basement, so we use epoxy injections to seal them, keeping the water out.
Horizontal: Horizontal wall cracks are a different story. As the soil surrounding the basement presses up against the walls, the walls can eventually weaken and start to bow inwards, which if left unchecked can lead to the walls collapsing. Horizontal wall cracks occur as the walls begin to bow inward.
Stair-Step: Your basement walls sit on the concrete floor and beneath the floor is soil. If the floor settles down into the soil unevenly this can put stress on one side of the basement walls which can result in the appearance of stair-step cracks, indicating foundation issues that need to be corrected.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
For foundation issues including bowing and damaged basement walls, Blue Umbrella uses reliable, long-lasting foundation solutions. Two go-to options for strengthening the basement walls of your Sussex home are steel I-beam Installation and carbon fiber reinforcement.
Steel I-Beam Installation
Steel I-Beams are our preferred solution when the basement walls are in a dire state, bowing inwards two inches or more. The I-beams are installed flush against the basement walls preventing any further weakening or damage.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
In less extreme situations, a method for strengthening the basement walls is to install carbon fiber strips. Carbon fiber is stronger than steel and like I-beams, the strips are placed flush against the basement walls. The carbon fiber strips can be covered up or painted over also.
Serving Greater Sussex County
We serve all cities and towns throughout Sussex County and the surrounding area offering basement waterproofing, foundation repair, and crawl space encapsulation.
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
If you live in Sussex County and need basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, or foundation repair Blue Umbrella is here for you. We offer permanent solutions with lifetime warranties. Give us a call today to schedule your free home inspection and estimate.
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.
Get My FREE Estimate
Schedule a free inspection today!
OUR PAST PROJECTS
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tips, tools & news!
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing Proudly Serves These Areas
For more information about basement waterproofing services or to find out if Blue Umbrella serves your area, see our complete service area.