Middlesex County, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Serving Homeowners & Businesses
For years, Blue Umbrella has been serving the greater Middlesex County area with professional basement waterproofing and foundation repair services and is proud to guarantee:
You can count on:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
Why do customers across New Jersey choose Blue Umbrella? Because we provide quality, long-lasting waterproofing and foundation repair solutions. With a little help from us, you can trust that your home will be protected for years to come. It's why stand behind all of our work with lifetime warranties.
Does your home need waterproofing?
Find out during a free inspection with our waterproofing experts.
How Does Our Basement Waterproofing Work?
When our team arrives at your home in Middlesex County we perform a thorough inspection of the property to understand what the problem is. Once the underlying cause is identified we create a custom basement waterproofing solution for your home, which can include:
- Weep holes drilled along the inner perimeter of the wall to redirect any entering water. We'll install a french drain to collect the water entering through the weep holes.
- The french drain channels the water to a basement sump pump. The sump pump brings the water out and away from your home’s foundation.
- The addition of a basement dehumidifier maintains the relative humidity of the basement and helps prevent any mold growth.
- Certain homes will benefit from exterior basement waterproofing solutions. After power washing the walls, we'll install a three-part layered system to prevent any future water from penetrating the wall and entering the space.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Did you know that basement waterproofing brings more benefits than just a dry basement? Additional benefits include:
- Improved health and a safer environment – Controlled basement humidity makes all the difference in reducing mold growth. Preventing mold in the basement also helps to prevent mold spores that trigger allergic reactions.
- Protect your home’s value – A flooded basement can quickly destroy the value of your home, but a waterproofing system can protect that same value.
- Extra Space – With a waterproofed basement, you suddenly have new usable living space downstairs to design that spare bedroom, office space or storage area.
- Reduce Stress Levels – Instead of sprinting downstairs to the basement when you hear rainfall, you can sleep soundly, knowing that your home will stay dry and protected.
Waterproofing an Edison, NJ Home
Blue Umbrella was called to an Edison, NJ cape cod home built in the 1950s that had water pooling in the basement. To permanently fix the problem, a full interior basement waterproofing system was installed that runs around the entire perimeter of the basement and ties into a new Blue Angel sump pump with an emergency battery backup pump. Blue Umbrella helped bring this classic home up to date, keeping it safe and dry for years to come. If you are dealing with basement water, crawl space problems, or foundation issues, give us a call. Don’t Get Blue, Get Blue Umbrella. 908-432-8858..
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
Not every home or building in Middlesex County has a basement. Many have crawl spaces and just like basements, crawl spaces need to be properly waterproofed. This process is called crawl space encapsulation. Without a properly encapsulated crawl space, you're more likely to encounter a number of issues in your home, including:
- Mold growth that will slowly make its way to the rest of your home
- Pooling water in the crawl space that will eat away at your home’s foundation
- A host of bugs, insects and rodents breeding in the open crawl space
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Your crawl space is linked to the rest of your Middlesex County home and you can’t seal it off. So instead, you can seal the crawl space off from the outside, thus protecting the upstairs as well. Crawl space encapsulation shares many of the same steps as basement waterproofing:
- Drying the Space:First, the crawl space is cleaned up and dried out. Any water needs to be completely removed from the area.
- Sump Pump Installation: Next, a sump pump is installed in the lowest area of the crawl space. The sump pump safely removes any water that has entered the space.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: A thick, vinyl liner is laid on the floor and against the walls. The vents are covered up and the crawl space is completely sealed to ensure that no water or air is entering in or out.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A special crawl space dehumidifier completes the system. The dehumidifier keeps the humidity in the space low enough to prevent mold growth.
Basement Foundation Repair
Blue Umbrella is not only your trusted expert for waterproofing but for foundation repair as well. We help Middlesex County homeowners and businesses identify and correct their property’s foundation problems. You can get a general idea of the foundation issue you have by observing the type of cracks present in the basement wall. The types of cracks you might see include:
Vertical: If you see vertical wall cracks in the concrete this is actually a natural occurrence and not an indication of a foundation issue. However, these cracks can allow water to seep in. To prevent this, we can reliably seal the cracks using an expoxy injection.
Horizontal: Horizontal wall cracks indicate a more serious issue. If you see this type of crack, it means that soil on the outside of the basement walls is pressing against the walls and forcing them to bow inward which, when left untreated, can lead to significant structural damage.
Stair Step: Similar to horizontal cracks, stair-step cracks are also a problem. If the soil beneath the foundation settles unevenly, the foundation sags, exerting pressure on the walls and resulting in stair-step cracks.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
To help fix these foundation issues, we provide minimally invasive, reliable foundation repair solutions such as:
Steel I-Beam Installation
We can install steel I-beams along the inner perimeter of the basement walls. The beams support the weakened basement walls and prevent an eventual collapse. We recommend installing I-beams when the basement walls have bowed significantly (more than two inches).
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Carbon fiber strips provide similar support to basement walls. They also lay flush against the walls and can even be painted over.
Serving All of Middlesex County
If you need basement waterproofing, foundation repair, or crawl space encapsulation anywhere in Middlesex County, give us a call. We have helped hundreds of homeowners and businesses in towns across the county, including:
North Brunswick Township
Old Bridge Township
South Brunswick Township
Request a Free Inspection of Your Home
If your home or business is in Middlesex County and has waterproofing or foundation issues, reach out to us today. The sooner you can get the situation under control, the less likely you are to face expensive repairs. Give us a call at (908) 432-8858 to request your free home inspection with our waterproofing experts.
Don't Wait to Get Started
The longer you wait, the more your home may be damaged. Let's get started today protecting your home.