Monmouth County, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Your Trusted, Local Basement & Foundation Specialist
Every year, Blue Umbrella receives hundreds of phone calls from homeowners and businesses in Monmouth County asking for help with basement waterproofing, foundation repair, and crawl space encapsulation. And, every year we offer permanent, reliable, warrantied solutions. We help protect your home for years to come. When you choose Blue Umbrella you receive:
- Free inspection & estimates
- A lifetime warranty
- Quality products
- Respect for your home
- Decades of experience
- An Umbrella Maintenance Plan
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Does your home need waterproofing?
The first step in any Monmouth County basement waterproofing project is determining if your home needs basement waterproofing. One of our basement experts will visit you for a thorough inspection, identifying any issues that need to be addressed and creating a basement waterproofing plan customized to your home.
How Does Our Basement Waterproofing Work?
- Monmouth County basement water issues can be solved with exterior basement waterproofing or with interior basement waterproofing. Often interior basement waterproofing is the more effective and less expensive solution.
- With an interior basement waterproofing solution, the first step is weep hole drilling along the bottom of the basement walls along the perimeter of the basement.
- The water entering the basement through the weep holes is directed into a french drain below the weep holes.
- The french drain channels the collected water to a sump pump basin equipped with a high-capacity basement sump pump.
- The basement sump pump pumps the water up and out of the basement to an external drainage system. With tough basement water issues, we use Blue Angel sump pumps.
- The external drainage system transports the water away from the home.
- The system is completed with a basement dehumidifier which maintains the basement humidity at a safe level preventing mold growth and rot damage.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Basement waterproofing brings more benefits than just a dry basement for Monmouth County homeowners.
- Improved health and a safer environment – Maintaining a dry basement and maintaining a safe level of humidity prevents mold growth means no mold spores and no accompanying allergic reactions.
- Protected home value - No water in the basement means no water damage that could otherwise end up destroying your home’s value.
- Extra space - A dry basement means you have an entire floor of newly usable space.
- Reduce stress levels - A rainstorm no longer means that you are at risk of basement flooding. You can finally sleep soundly.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
Your Monmouth County home may have a basement instead of a crawl space. No need to worry, we offer complete crawl space repair and crawl space encapsulation services. Proper crawl space repair and encapsulation help keep the space free from water, mold, rodents, and insects.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Crawl space waterproofing is similar to the basement waterproofing process.
- Drying the Space: The first step is cleaning out the crawl space, and removing any debris or standing water.
- Sump Pump Installation: The crawlspace ground is graded, adding a slope down to one corner where a crawl space sump pump is installed, where it collects and removes any entering water.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: The entrance to the crawl space along with any vents are sealed off from outside air and humidity. The floor and wall are covered with a thick vinyl liner.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: Just like the basement, a dehumidifier is installed in the crawl space to prevent excess humidity which can result in growth and rot.
Basement Foundation Repair
Not only does Blue Umbrella offer basement waterproofing and crawl space encapsulation, but foundation repair as well. If you are seeing wall cracks forming in your basement walls you may want to give us a call. The type of wall crack you see can indicate the underlying issues.
Vertical: Vertical wall cracks are a normal result of concrete aging and usually do not mean there is a foundation issue. But, vertical cracks can allow water to seep into the basement. This can be corrected with epoxy injections to seal the cracks.
Horizontal: If you see horizontal wall cracks, this is not a good sign. Horizontal wall cracks are generally caused by the pressure of the soil surrounding your basement pressing against the wall causing them to bow inwards. If not corrected, the walls can eventually collapse.
Stair-Step: Stair-step cracks also indicate a problem. If the basement foundation is settling unevenly it puts stress on the basement walls producing stair-step cracks. Just like bowing basement walls, walls with stair-step cracks also need to be strengthened to prevent further damage.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
To fix damaged and bowing walls in Monmouth County, Blue Umbrella offers long-lasing foundation repair solutions.
Steel I-Beam Installation
We use steel I-Beam installations when there are bowing walls that have significant issues (bowing inwards more than two inches). Steel I-beams are placed flush against the wall, strengthening the wall and preventing anything further buckling.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
If the wall damage is less extreme, carbon fiber strips can be used instead of steel I-beams. The carbon fiber strips are placed flush against the wall, strengthening the wall. The strips can be painted over or covered up as well.
Serving Greater Monmouth County
We serve all cities and towns throughout Monmouth County and the surrounding area offering basement waterproofing, foundation repair, and crawl space encapsulation.
- Aberdeen Township
- Asbury Park
- Atlantic Highlands
- Bradley Beach
- Colts Neck Township
- Fair Haven
- Freehold Borough
- Freehold Township
- Hazlet Township
- Holmdel Township
- Howell Township
- Lake Como
- Little Silver
- Loch Arbour
- Long Branch
- Manalapan Township
- Marlboro Township
- Middletown Township
- Millstone Township
- Monmouth Beach
- Neptune City
- Neptune Township
- Ocean Township
- Red Bank
- Sea Bright
- Sea Girt
- Shrewsbury Borough
- Shrewsbury Township
- Spring Lake
- Spring Lake Heights
- Tinton Falls
- Union Beach
- Upper Freehold Township
- Wall Township
- West Long Branch
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
If you have basement water issues, crawl space problems, or foundation damage to your home or business in Monmouth County call Blue Umbrella. We provide permanent, warrantied solutions. Get your free inspection and estimate.
Don't Wait to Get Started
The longer you wait, the more your home may be damaged. Let's get started today protecting your home.