Bergen County, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Waterproofing & Fixing Basements, Crawl Spaces & Foundations
A wet basement, moldy crawl space, or damaged foundation can mean weeks of frustration. But you don’t need to worry about that any longer. Blue Umbrella is here to fix the problem. For years we have offered homeowners and business owners in Bergen County, expert, warrantied foundation repair, basement waterproofing, and crawl space encapsulation (crawl space repair).
When you choose us as your Bergen County waterproofing company, you can count on:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
When you work with Blue Umbrella you can expect us to arrive on time, respect your home, and complete your project on time. You can count on us to stand behind all the work. So no need to wait, give us a call today for a free home inspection and estimate.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Basement Waterproofing in Bergen County
Every house in Bergen County has its own unique quirks, which means that your basement waterproofing system needs to be customized to your home’s specific needs. Though we offer both exterior waterproofing and interior waterproofing options, interior waterproofing is often the simpler, more reliable, and less expensive option. An interior basement waterproofing system in your Bergen County home may include:
- Weep holes drilled along the interior basement walls to relieve hydrostatic pressure.
- French drains that collect any of the entering water via the weep holes.
- A sump pump that pumps out the water in the french drains out of the home.
- Exterior landscape drains installed to move any evacuated water away from the foundation.
- Basement dehumidifier addition to control the moisture in the basement to prevent mold growth.
Before we begin the basement waterproofing project, we have one of our Bergen County waterproofing professionals visit your home for a thorough inspection, reviewing your home’s age, type of foundation type, and exact waterproofing problems.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Basement waterproofing keeps your basement dry, but it also provides additional benefits.
- Waterproofing gives you more than a dry basement.
- You can improve the air quality in your home by preventing mold growth, as mold spores can cause respiratory infections.
- You protect your home’s value by preventing water damage and rot.
- You have an entire floor of new usable space that you can use for a new office, a den, or just storage space.
Bergen County Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
Besides basements, we also repair, encapsulate, and waterproof crawl spaces in Bergen County. Like basements, crawl spaces can suffer from water issues, and because you rarely go into the crawl space, water issues can continue to worsen without you being aware. Common crawl space problems include:
- Growth of mold
- Structural damage to your home’s foundation
- Rodents and insects make your crawlspace their home.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
The challenge with the crawl space is that it is permanently connected with the rest of your home with air and moisture moving up from the crawl space into your living space. If your crawl space is exposed to outside air, you can count on this wet outside making it into your home. The solution is to seal off the crawl space from the outside. The steps of crawl space repair are:
- Dry the crawl space: To start off, the process any water or debris is removed from the crawl space.
- Sump Pump Installation: A crawl space-specific sump pump is added to the space. It collects and removes any entering water.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: The vents are closed up, and a thick, vinyl liner is laid down on the floors and walls of the crawl space, encapsulating the space, keeping it free of moisture, mold, and bugs.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: The system is finished off with a crawl space dehumidifier. The dehumidifier keeps the moisture low enough in the air to prevent mold from growing and damaging your Bergen County home’s foundation.
Give us a call today and we will gladly answer any of your questions about the crawl space encapsulation process. Get a reliable crawl space repair and encapsulation system to protect your home.
Basement Foundation Repair near Bergen County
We take care of basements. We take care of crawl spaces, and we take care of foundations. Blue Umbrella offers professional foundation repair in Bergen County to fix bowing or leaning walls and basement cracks. If you see cracks in your basement, this can give you a good indication of the underlying problem you are facing.
Vertical: If you see vertical wall cracks in your basement walls, the good news is that you may not have a foundation issue. Vertical wall cracks naturally form in concrete as it ages and shrinks.
Horizontal: Horizontal wall cracks are a different story. As the soil surrounding your foundation presses in on your basement, the pressure can cause the basement walls to begin bowing inward, which forms the horizontal wall cracks. With this type of crack, calling a Bergen County foundation repair company is a necessity.
Stair Step: Just like horizontal wall cracks, stair-step cracks indicate a foundation problem. If the soil beneath your foundation does not settle evenly, the basement floor and walls can become stressed, producing stair-step cracks. If you see stair-step cracks you need to have your foundation repaired.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
We offer permanent foundation repair solutions for homeowners and businesses throughout greater Bergen County, NJ.
Steel I-Beam Installation
One option is to install steel I-beams along the inside perimeter of your basement walls. The I-beams reinforce your basement walls preventing them from bowing inward.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
A similar option is to install carbon fiber strips along the basement walls. Carbon fiber is stronger than steel and strengthens your basement walls. The strips are also placed flush against the walls and can be painted over or covered up.
Serving Greater Bergen County
We provide basement waterproofing, foundation repair, and crawl space encapsulation for homeowners and businesses throughout all of Bergen County. If you have a question, give us a call today.
- Cliffside Park
- East Rutherford
- Elmwood Park
- Englewood Cliffs
- Fair Lawn
- Fort Lee
- Franklin Lakes
- Glen Rock
- Hackensack city
- Harrington Park
- Hasbrouck Heights
- Little Ferry
- Midland Park
- New Milford
- North Arlington
- Old Tappan
- Palisades Park
- Park Ridge
- Ridgefield Park
- River Edge
- River Vale
- Rochelle Park
- Saddle Brook
- Saddle River
- South Hackensack
- Upper Saddle River
- Washington Town
- Woodcliff Lake
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
If you are dealing with basement water, crawl space problems, or foundation issues, no need to fret. Give Blue Umbrella a call. 908.443.8848. We have helped hundreds of homeowners and businesses throughout New Jersey including Bergen County. Have one of our specialists visit your home today. Contact us online today.
Don't Wait to Get Started
The longer you wait, the more your home may be damaged. Let's get started today protecting your home.