Paramus, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Paramus' Top Basement & Foundation Contractor
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing basement experts have years of experience offering homeowners and businesses affordable basement care in Paramus, New Jersey. When you call us, you can expect dependable, long-term exterior & interior waterproofing, crawl space repair, and basement foundation repair services. Count on Blue Umbrella for all of your basement needs.
- Free inspection & estimates
- A lifetime warranty
- Quality products
- Respect for your home
- Decades of experience
- An Umbrella Maintenance Plan
Our waterproofing and foundation professionals arrive at your home on time, stay within budget, and finish on schedule, installing tested and warrantied waterproofing and foundation repair products and materials.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Basement Waterproofing Solutions in Paramus
Every Paramus homeowner has a house different from their neighbors. Because your home is unique, it requires a customized basement waterproofing solution that fits the needs of your home, and that is what Blue Umbrella offers. Rather than relying on the same system for each home, we customize each waterproofing solution in each home we enter.
How Does Interior Basement Waterproofing Work?
For new home and building construction, we use a combination of exterior and interior waterproofing solutions, sealing the outside of your foundation and ensuring that if any water ever does creep inside, it is immediately removed. For existing homes in Paramus, NJ, exterior basement waterproofing can require digging up driveways, sidewalks, and flowerbeds and is unnecessarily expensive, making interior waterproofing the more cost-effective solution. An Interior basement waterproofing system includes:
- Weep holes drilled along the perimeter of the basement at the base of the basement walls to control any entering water.
- French drains to capture, collect and transport the entering water to a sump pump.
- A basement sump pump that pumps the collected water out of the basement.
- An exterior drainage system to bring the removed water safely away from the home and down to the street.
- A battery backup sump pump to ensure your home is protected, especially during power outages. With challenging basement water issues, we use Blue Angel sump pumps.
- A basement dehumidifier to keep the basement humidity low enough to prevent mold growth and rot.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Basement waterproofing is essential to keep your Paramus home safe and dry even during the worst weather conditions. There are many additional benefits of basement waterproofing.
- Improves health and safety. Mold can grow in your wet and humid basements, and mold spores can cause allergies and upper respiratory infections.
- Increased home value. A waterproofing system protects your home from water damage and accompanying costly repairs, saving you money in the long run and making it easier to sell in the future.
- More usable space. Waterproofing your basement allows you to use the extra space for your own home theater, den, office, or whatever else you might want for your home.
- Peace of mind. Why choose to have the extra anxiety? With a waterproofed basement, you no longer need to worry about the next storm causing basement flooding. Your basement waterproofing system keeps your home safe and dry.
Crawl Space Encapsulation & Repair
Does your home in Paramus, NJ, have a crawl space instead of a basement? No problem! Our experts at Blue Umbrella Waterproofing can repair, encapsulate and waterproof your crawl space to keep it free of water, mold, rodents, insects, or whatever else might be hiding in your crawl space!
- Mold growth
- Damage to your home’s foundation
- An increase of rodents and insects living in your crawl space
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Encapsulating your Paramus crawl space similar steps to basement waterproofing. These steps include:
- The area is dried: When you hire our experts to waterproof your crawl space, we remove any pooled water and make sure the area is cleaned and dried out.
- Sump Pump Installation: Once the area is dried, we grade the crawl space floor, so it slopes down to a new crawl space sump that removes any entering water.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: Our crawl space experts will seal out any moisture and bugs by laying out a protective, durable liner on the floors and crawl space walls, encapsulating the area.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: We add a crawl space dehumidifier to control the humidity in the space and prevent mold and rot.
Our crawl space specialists at Blue Umbrella Waterproofing will take care of the entire process, start to finish. We provide reliable crawl space repair and encapsulation to protect the crawl space in your Paramus home for years to come.
Foundation Repair in Paramus, NJ
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing not only waterproofs basements and crawl spaces, but we also provide expert foundation repair. Do you see cracks in your basement walls? These might be symptoms of an underlying foundation problem, and we are here to help. The types of cracks that you may see in your basement indicate the kind of problem you face.
Vertical: Concrete naturally shrinks over time resulting in vertical wall cracks, which don't usually mean a foundation issue. But, even though these cracks might not mean a foundation issue, water can still seep into the basement through these small cracks. So, our foundation experts seal these cracks to prevent water seepage.
Horizontal: Horizontal cracks are a significant indication of foundation problems. Shallow soil pressing on your basement walls can cause them to bow inwards, producing telltale horizontal wall cracks. Bowing walls need to be fixed because the longer they are ignored, the more significant the problem and the cost to repair grows.
Stair Step: Stair step cracks also indicate foundation issues in your Paramus home. If the soil beneath your foundation settles unevenly, it causes the foundation to settle unevenly and stresses the basement walls creating stair-step cracks. If you see stair-step cracks, you likely need foundation repair services as soon as possible to prevent any worse damage.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
Your foundation is essential to your Paramus home, holding the rest of it up. Blue Umbrella uses minimally invasive foundation repair solutions to repair and protect your foundation. So, contact us for your permanent foundation repair today!
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Carbon Fiber strips are an ideal solution if your basement wall has bowed less than two inches inwards. Carbon fiber is stronger than steel, and the carbon fiber strips are epoxied flush against the offending wall every four feet. As a result, the strips strengthen the walls and prevent further weakening. Installation is fast, minimally disruptive, and provides permanent protection to your foundation walls. Carbon fiber strips can be covered up or painted over as an additional benefit.
Steel I-Beam Installation
If your basement walls are bowing inward over two inches, a safe option is to install steel l-beams if the basement walls in your Paramus home. We install the I-beams flush against the basement walls and fasten them to the basement floor and ceiling. The I-beams strengthen the basement wall and stop it from bowing any further inward, so you won’t have to worry about further damage.
Prep for Your Paramus Project
A foundation repair or basement waterproofing project in Paramus, NJ can involve a lot of steps, but Blue Umbrella will be with you throughout the whole thing. Here are some helpful links as you get started on the journey.
Paramus, NJ Building Department
1 West Jockish Square
Paramus, NJ 07652
201-265-2100, ext. 2230
Michael O'Connell (Construction Official)
Mon - Fri, 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Helpful Paramus, NJ Links
Paramus, NJ Building Department
Forms, Licenses & Permits
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
You can trust your local experts at Blue Umbrella Waterproofing if your Paramus home needs basement waterproofing, crawl space, or basement foundation repair. Schedule a free home inspection today. We look forward to meeting you and starting your waterproofing or foundation repair project.
Contact us anytime to schedule a free inspection with our professionals for your Paramus home or business by calling us at (908) 432-8858 or contacting us online today!
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.
Get My FREE Estimate
Schedule a free inspection today!
OUR PAST PROJECTS
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tips, tools & news!
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing Proudly Serves These Areas
For more information about basement waterproofing services or to find out if Blue Umbrella serves your area, see our complete service area.