New Jersey Basement Waterproofing
Serving Union County & Beyond
Think about your basement for a moment. Is it prime space you enjoy using, or a prime target for flooding and damage?
You should never accept anything less than a perfectly dry basement. Whether you rely on your home's lower level for extra living space, an office, a home theater or a game room, we'll help you get the most out of your basement without worrying about Mother Nature dampening your day (literally)! Our New Jersey waterproofing company specializes in repairing foundations, fixing damp crawl spaces and waterproofing basements in Union County and across New Jersey.
When Do I Need to Waterproof My Basement?
Our state experiences a significant amount of snow and rain each year. Add summer humidity and you have the perfect formula for a wet, humid basement or moist crawl space. With a little help from our industry-leading basement waterproofers, you can take control of the situation and make water damage yesterday's problem.
A flooded basement isn’t the only sign you need waterproofing services. There are several red flags indicating there is a moisture issue in your basement or crawl space, including:
- Musty odors
- Cracks in walls or floors
- Bowed walls
- Watermarks on the walls
- Chronic illness or respiratory conditions linked to mold
- Water pooling outside your home
- Bug infestations
Understanding Is the First Step
Our certified experts will fully inspect your home and explain the different options that best suit your needs.
What’s Involved in Basement Waterproofing?
Since every home is different, we never use a one-size-fits-all approach. Depending on our findings, we may recommend one solution or a combination of fixes like these:
- French drain installation to redirect water away from your home's foundation.
- Sump pump or battery backup system to collect groundwater before it can flood your home.
- Minimally invasive basement foundation repair solutions to strengthen basement walls and floors.
- Weep hole installation to reduce hydrostatic pressure and remove moisture from inside walls.
- Crawl space repair, including water removal and encapsulation (waterproofing).
- Exterior landscape drains that move water away from your home's foundation and basement.
- Dehumidifier installation that minimizes moisture and improves indoor air quality.
Blue Umbrella specializes in interior and exterior waterproofing solutions. If you can already see visible damage to your home’s foundation, we also specialize in crack repair and basement foundation repair in Union County, NJ and beyond.
Before offering our professional recommendation, we consider every important factor: home age, property grading, foundation depth and more. Rest assured by the time we present your options, we’ve done our homework to ensure our advice is right for you.
What Are the Benefits?
Waterproofing your basement is about more than just staying dry. Benefits include:
- Improved health and safety. A wet, humid basement creates a perfect environment for mold growth. Waterproofing your basement can help prevent future mold problems and relieve allergy symptoms, upper respiratory infections and more.
- Increased home value. Do you plan on ever selling your home? Prospective buyers and realtors will inspect your basement for signs of water damage. If your home's lower level is in bad shape, this will significantly reduce your home’s overall value. Even if there aren’t noticeable signs of water damage, waterproofing is still wise because it gives prospective buyers one less thing to worry about, thus increasing home value.
- More usable space. You’re already paying for the space in your basement. Why not get the most out of it? Once your basement is waterproofed, you can turn it into a private office, a theater room, a guest living area or whatever you choose. The possibilities are endless. Keep in mind that if you are planning to finish your basement, you should waterproof it first.
- Peace of mind. Are you afraid the next spring thaw or heavy rainfall will be the final straw for your wet basement? A proper waterproofing job can finally put your worries to rest. For year-round peace of mind, learn more about our Umbrella Maintenance Plan.
Why Choose Blue Umbrella for NJ Basement Waterproofing?
When you choose us as your New Jersey waterproofing company, you can count on:
Request a Free Estimate for Your New Jersey Home
Thanks to today's breakthrough waterproofing techniques, you can reclaim the damp, unused space in your basement or crawl space. Union County's Blue Umbrella team has you covered for quality basement waterproofing services and industry-best guarantees.
To schedule a free estimate for your wet basement, moldy crawl space or exterior water problem, call 908.432.8858 or contact us online today.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tips, tools & news!
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing Proudly Serves These Areas
Bergen County, NJ
Essex County, NJ
Hudson County, NJ
Hunterdon County, NJ
Middlesex County, NJ
Morris County, NJ
Passaic County, NJ
Union County, NJ