Essex County, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Waterproofing & Fixing Basements, Crawl Spaces & Foundations
For years, Blue Umbrella has been the trusted basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair expert serving greater Essex county. We are proud to offer your:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
Why do Essex County homeowners and businesses choose Blue Umbrella? They choose us for long-lasting waterproofing and foundation solutions that come with a lifetime warranty. They choose us for our honesty and reliability. They choose us because they want their home to be safe and protected for years to come. Let us help you just like we have helped hundreds of others.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
If you have water seeping into the basement you likely need waterproofing, but you are not sure how to fix the solution. The best place to start is with a free basement inspection from one of our basement waterproofing experts.
The Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Basement waterproofing keeps your basement dry, but it also provides additional benefits.
- Waterproofing gives you more than a dry basement.
- You can improve the air quality in your home by preventing mold growth, as mold spores can cause respiratory infections.
- You protect your home’s value by preventing water damage and rot.
- You have an entire floor of new usable space that you can use for a new office, a den, or just storage space.
How Does Our Basement Waterproofing Work?
- First, weep holes are drilled along the basement wall perimeter redirecting any entering water.
- A french drain is installed along a basement trench below the weep holes, collecting any entering water.
- A sump pump receives any of the water from the french drain and pumps it out of the house. A battery backup sump pump can be added.
- A basement dehumidifier controls the humidity in the basement, keeping it low enough to prevent mold growth.
- For certain homes, an exterior basement waterproofing solution may be recommended with a sealant placed on the exterior surface of the basement walls to prevent water from entering the basement.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
Not every Essex County home has a basement. Some instead have crawl spaces that also need to be waterproofed. This is called crawl space encapsulation. If your crawl space is not properly waterproofed you can run into several issues, including:
- Mold growth that can spread throughout your home
- Water pooling in the crawl space damaging your home’s foundation
- Bugs, insects, and rodents that make your crawl space their home.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Your crawl space is permanently attached to your home and any water or air that makes it into the crawl space can make it into the rest of your home. Since you can’t seal off the crawl space from the rest of your home you seal off the crawl space from the outside. Crawl space encapsulation follows many of the same steps as basement waterproofing.
- Drying the Space: The first step is to clean out the crawl space and remove any water.
- Sump Pump Installation: After cleaning a sump is installed in the lowest area of the crawl space so any entering is pumped out of your home.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: A thick, vinyl liner is installed along the crawl space ground and walls, ‘encapsulating’ the space.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A crawl space dehumidifier is added to the system to control the humidity, keeping it low enough to prevent mold growth.
Basement Foundation Repair
You can come to Blue Umbrella for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation in Essex County. You can also call us for reliable basement foundation repair. You can get a pretty good idea of the foundation issue that you are facing by looking at the cracks present in the basement wall.
Vertical: Vertical wall cracks are a natural occurrence as the concrete ages. While vertical cracks are not an indication of foundation issues, these cracks can allow water to seep into your basement. To prevent this, we seal the cracks with reliable epoxy injection.
Horizontal: Unlike vertical wall cracks, horizontal cracks are an issue. These cracks are caused by soil outside of the basement pressing inwards forcing the walls to bow inwards, leading to significant structural damage.
Stair- Step: Like horizontal wall cracks, stair-step cracks mean foundation problems. If the foundation is settling unevenly it begins to sag on one end putting pressure on the walls leading to stair-step cracks and serious structural issues.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
We can fix the basement foundation issues you are facing using reliable, minimally invasive foundation repair solutions such as:
Steel I-Beam Installation
We can install steel i-beams along the inner perimeter, along the basement walls. The i-beams strengthen the basement walls, preventing them from collapsing inwards. I-beams are installed if the basement walls have bowed significantly (more than two inches).
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Another option is to use carbon fiber strips that are mounted along the basement walls. Much like the I-beams the strips strengthen the basement wall. The strips lay flush against the walls and can be painted over.
Serving Greater Essex County
We provide basement waterproofing, foundation repair, and crawl space encapsulation for homeowners and businesses throughout all of Essex County. If you have a question, give us a call today.
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
If you have a home or business in Essex County that needs waterproofing or foundation repair don’t hesitate to reach out to us today. The quicker we can fix the issue for you, the more you save on expensive, larger future repairs. Step under the blue umbrella, call today at (908) 432-8858 to request your free home inspection with our waterproofing experts.
Don't Wait to Get Started
The longer you wait, the more your home may be damaged. Let's get started today protecting your home.