East Orange, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Your Basement & Foundation Expert
Has water seeped into your basement? What about musty smells coming from your crawl space? Perhaps, bowing basement walls and foundation damage? In any case, Blue Umbrella is your trusted basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, and foundation repair contractor serving greater East Orange, NJ. We provide proven, warrantied solutions, and you receive clean, dry, and safe basements, crawl spaces, and foundations. When you choose Blue Umbrella, you receive:
- Free inspection & estimates
- A lifetime warranty
- Quality products
- Respect for your home
- Decades of experience
- An Umbrella Maintenance Plan
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Does your home need waterproofing?
First, you should take a step back. Do you need basement waterproofing because water is making its way through your basement wall and floors, or do you need a plumber because of a leaking pipe? If you are unsure, give Blue Umbrella a call, and one of our East Orange basement waterproofing experts will visit your home for a free inspection and consultation. After the inspection, our basement specialist will sit down with you to discuss the challenge you are facing and answer any questions that you have.
How Does Our Basement Waterproofing Work?
- For new construction, exterior basement waterproofing may be the right option for your East Orange home, but with finished homes, exterior waterproofing involves digging up the area surrounding the house and tearing up driveways, flowerbeds, and sidewalks.
- To avoid all extra construction and accompanying costs, we recommend interior basement waterproofing where the waterproofing system is installed inside of your basement.
- In interior basement waterproofing, weep holes are drilled in the bottom of your basement walls, allowing the controlled entry of water which is captured in a French drain channel installed below the floor around the perimeter of the basement.
- The French drain channels the water to a sump pump which then pumps the water up and out of the home. With challenging basement water issues, we use Blue Angel sump pumps.
- The removed water safely travels away from your home via an exterior drainage system.
- A basement dehumidifier is installed to maintain the humidity level, preventing mold growth and rot.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Your new waterproofing system offers you more than just a dry basement.
- Improved health and a safer environment – In damp, wet environments, mold grows, releasing spores that can aggravate and even cause allergies. A waterproofed basement means no mold and no mold spores.
- Home value protection - Water damage can destroy your home and lower its value, while proper basement waterproofing protects your home’s value in case you ever choose to sell it.
- Extra space - A dry basement means you have a whole floor of usable space that you never had before.
- Reduce stress levels - Rain storms no longer mean a stressful night worrying about your basement flooding. You can sleep soundly.
Crawl Space Encapsulation & Repair
Suppose your home in East Orange has a basement instead of a crawl space; not a problem. Blue Umbrella repairs, encapsulates, and waterproofs crawl spaces, keeping them free of water, mold, rodents, and insects.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Waterproofing (encapsulating) your East Orange crawl space follows many of the same steps as basement waterproofing.
- Drying the Space: Before waterproofing the crawl space, it must first be cleaned with any debris and water removed.
- Sump Pump Installation: With the space cleared out, the ground is graded, creating a downward slope to one corner of the basement, where a crawl space sump pump is installed to remove any of the water .
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: The crawl space is encapsulated with a thick vinyl liner placed along the ground, and the walls and the entrance and vents are sealed shut.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A crawl space dehumidifier is added to finish the system. The humidity in the space is controlled, preventing mold and rot.
Basement Foundation Repair
Blue Umbrella provides basement and crawl space waterproofing and professional foundation repair services in East Orange, NJ, repairing bowed and buckling basement walls. If you think you may have a foundation issue, the type of crack you see in your basement wall can give you more information.
Vertical: Vertical wall cracks in the basement walls of your East Orange home are the natural result of concrete aging, but they don’t mean that your home has a foundation problem. But, vertical wall cracks can still allow water to seep into your basement. Crack sealing can help prevent this.
Horizontal: Unlike vertical wall cracks, horizontal wall cracks indicate a foundation problem. If the soil surrounding your East Orange home’s basement presses up against the basement walls, it can cause the walls to bow inwards and eventually collapse.
Stair-Step: Stair-step cracks result from your home’s foundation settling unevenly, putting pressure on your basement walls. This issue needs professional foundation repair to correct.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
Blue Umbrella offers homeowners and businesses minimally invasive but reliable and long-lasting foundation repair services. Contact us for permanent foundation repair.
Steel I-Beam Installation
If the basement walls in your East Orange home are bowing inwards over two inches, the safe option is to install steel I-beams which are placed flush against the basement walls and fastened at the top and bottom. The I-beams strengthen the basement wall and stop it from bowing any further inward.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
For basement walls that have bowed less than two inches, carbon fiber strips may be the better option. Carbon fiber strips are installed every four feet along the basement walls. The carbon fiber strips are epoxied to the wall and fastened at the top and bottom. Like I-beams, the carbon fiber strips strengthen the basement walls. Another advantage is that carbon fiber strips can be covered up or painted over.
Prep for Your East Orange Project
A foundation repair or basement waterproofing project in East Orange, NJ can involve a lot of steps, but Blue Umbrella will be with you throughout the whole thing. Here are some helpful links as you get started on the journey.
Township Code Enforcement Department
Phone: (973) 266-5320
Location: 44 City Hall Plaza, 3rd Floor, East Orange, NJ 07018
Monday: 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Helpful East Orange, NJ Links
East Orange Building Division
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
If you are looking for reliable, permanent basement waterproofing, crawl space repair or foundation repair solutions, Blue Umbrella is your solution in East Orange. Call us today to schedule your free home inspection and estimate.
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.