Hunterdon County, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Your Trusted Basement Specialist
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing has been helping homeowners and businesses in Hunterdon County just like you with basement waterproofing, crawl space repair & encapsulation, and foundation repair. When you choose Blue Umbrella you get a proven, reliable system protecting your home for years to come. You also receive:
- Free inspection & estimates
- A lifetime warranty
- Quality products
- Respect for your home
- Decades of experience
- An Umbrella Maintenance Plan
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Does your home need waterproofing?
Before you pay someone to install a basement waterproofing system in your Hunterdon property you first need to identify the underlying basement water issues. One of our experienced basement specialists will visit your home to provide a full inspection to find the source of the problem, sit down and explain the issue to you and then develop a customized waterproofing plan.
How Does Our Basement Waterproofing Work?
- Depending on your basement water issue we may recommend exterior waterproofing or interior waterproofing but the great majority of the time, an interior waterproofing system is a more effective, and less expensive option.
- In an interior waterproofing system, the first step is drilling weep holes around the perimeter of the basement walls.
- The drilled weep holes redirect any water that enters the basement into a french drain that is installed along the basement perimeter.
- The french drain directs the water to a sump basin with a sump pump installed. The sump pump pumps the water up and out of the basement.
- Once out of the basement an exterior drainage system transports the water away from the home.
- The system is completed with a basement dehumidifier which controls the humidity of the space, keeping it low enough to prevent the growth of mold and rot in your basement.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Having your Hunterdon County basement properly waterproofed offers more benefits beyond a dry space.
- Improved health and a safer environment – Humidity control prevents mold, which prevents the spread of mold spores in your home which can irritate and even cause allergies for you and your family.
- Protected home value - A basement waterproofing system protects your home from the havoc and expense that water damage can create. A waterproofing system protects your home’s value.
- Extra space - With a dry basement you have a whole new space that you can use for a family den, for an office, or simply for more storage.
- Reduce stress levels - Knowing your basement is protected from water damage means that you can sleep at night free from worry, even during a thunderstorm.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
Maybe your Hunterdon County home has a crawl space instead of a basement. The good news is that Blue Umbrella works in crawl spaces too, providing full crawl space repair, encapsulation, and waterproofing services. A waterproofed crawl space means no mold, no following, and no rodents or insect infestations.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Crawl space waterproofing includes many of the same steps as basement waterproofing. These include:
- Drying the Space: The first step is removing any water and dentist from the space making sure it is clean and ready for waterproofing.
- Sump Pump Installation: The next step is sloping the crawl space down to a sump pump that will collect and remove any water.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: The crawl space is then encapsulated. Any vents are sealed and a thick, vinyl line is placed on the basement walls and floors 'encapsulating’ the space.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: Just like a basement, a dehumidifier is added to the crawl space to keep the humidity low enough that mold cannot grow.
Basement Foundation Repair
Besides expert basement and crawl space waterproofing Blue Umbrella serves Hunterdon county with professional foundation repair services, repairing basement wall cracks and weakened basement walls. If you think that you have foundation repair issues the cracks you see in your basement’s walls may help identify the underlying issue.
Vertical: Vertical wall cracks generally do not indicate foundation issues. Instead vertical wall cracks are the natural result of aging concrete. These cracks can still allow water to seep into the basement so we usually use epoxy injections to keep the water out.
Horizontal: Unlike vertical racks, horizontal wall cracks do likely mean a foundation issue. When soil surrounding the basement presses up against the walls it can cause the walls to bow inwards which results in visible horizontal wall cracks. If not corrected bowing basement walls can worsen until they eventually collapse.
Stair-Step: Just like horizontal wall cracks, stair-step cracks can mean bad news. A likely cause is that your foundation is settling unevenly which puts pressure on the basement walls leading to stair-step cracks. A settling foundation should be fixed.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
To take care of your foundation issues, Blue Umbrella offers reliable, long-lasting foundation repair options in Hunterdon County, making sure we use the right solution for the specific foundation problem you are facing.
Steel I-Beam Installation
One potential basement foundation solution is to install steel I-beams which are placed up against bowing basement walls to strengthen the walls. Steel I-beams are usually used when the walls have bowed a significant amount (over two inches).
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
If the bowing basement walls are not as severe, another option is to install carbon fiber strips. Carbon fiber is stronger than steel. The strips are placed flush along the basement wall strengthening them to prevent any further bowing or weakening. The bowing basement walls can also be covered up or painted over.
Serving Greater Hunterdon County
We serve all cities and towns throughout Hunterdon County and the surrounding area offering basement waterproofing, foundation repair, and crawl space encapsulation.
- Alexandria Township
- Bethlehem Township
- Clinton Township
- Delaware Township
- East Amwell Township
- Franklin Township
- Glen Gardner
- High Bridge
- Holland Township
- Kingwood Township
- Lebanon Township
- Raritan Township
- Readington Township
- Tewksbury Township
- Union Township
- West Amwell Township
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
Basement water issues, crawl space problems, and foundation damage can be serious and stressful challenges, but you don’t need to face them alone. Blue Umbrella offers you permanent solutions with lifetime warranties in Hunterdon County. You can reach out to us today to receive a free home inspection and estimate.
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.