Hudson County, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Waterproofing Basements, Fixing Crawl Spaces & Repairing Foundations
If you are a homeowner or business in Hudson County dealing with basement water, crawl space problems, or a damaged foundation you don’t have to deal with it any longer. You have Blue Umbrella. For years, we have offered reliable, expert basement, crawl space, and foundation solutions. We are your trusted source of Hudson County basement waterproofing. When you choose Blue Umbrella you receive:
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Does your home need waterproofing?
Water pooling on the basement floor or seeping through wall and floor cracks means you need professional basement waterproofing in your Hudson County home. But before you start a basement waterproofing project you first need to properly inspect the space. Blue Umbrella offers free basement inspections to identify the causes of your basement woes and answer any questions that you have.
How Does Our Basement Waterproofing Work?
- Some basement water issues are better solved by exterior waterproofing solutions and others by interior waterproofing systems. We will inspect your home to find which option would be more effective.
- For interior waterproofing systems, the first step is to drill weep holes along the bottom of the basement walls all around the basement perimeter.
- The weep holes redirect entering water into a french drain which is installed below the weep holes along the basement perimeter.
- The water collected in the french drain is channeled to a sump pump in the corner of the basement where it is pumped up and out of the basement.
- The water then travels down an exterior drainage system where it is safely released away from your home’s foundation.
- The last step is to install a basement dehumidifier to keep the basement humidity low enough to prevent mold growth.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
When your Hudson county home has a basement waterproofing system you get more than just a dry basement:
- Improved health and a safer environment – Controlling basement humidity means no mold and no mold means no mold spores traveling through your home causing you and your family to develop allergies.
- Protect your home’s value - Preventing water damage ensures that your investment in your home is protected.
- Extra space - With no water in your basement you have an entire floor that you can use for a den, office, or storage space.
- Reduce stress levels - No more stressful nights of watching your basement slowly flood during rainstorms.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
If your Hudson Valley home does not have a basement, but instead a crawl space, Blue Umbrella is still your trusted waterproofing contractor. We provide full crawl space repair and encapsulation, protecting your crawl space from:
- Mold growing in your crawl space
- Pooling water damaging the foundation
- Insects and rodents invading the space.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
We can repair and encapsulate your Hudson County home. Crawl space encapsulation entails sealing off the crawl space from the outside to prevent cold, wet air from making its way into the crawl space and then upstairs into your home. The crawl space repair and encapsulation steps include:
- Drying the Space: First, the entire crawl space is cleaned and any water removed.
- Sump Pump Installation: Then a sump pump is placed in the lowest area of the crawl space that pumps out any entering water.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: After the sump pump installation, a thick, vinyl liner is placed on the floors and walls of the crawl space, ‘encapsulating’ the space.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: Like a basement, a crawl space waterproofing system is completed with a dehumidifier to control the humidity and prevent mold growth.
Basement Foundation Repair
Along with basement waterproofing services, Blue Umbrella also offers foundation repair services in Hudson County, repairing bowing walls and settling foundations. If you are unsure of the cause of your basement troubles the type of crack that you see in the walls can be a good indicator.
Vertical: Vertical wall cracks will occur in concrete as it ages and don’t indicate a foundation problem, but water can still seep through the cracks. We fix this issue with wall crack epoxy injections.
Horizontal: Horizontal wall cracks do indicate a foundation issue. Horizontal cracks occur when the pressure of external soil causes the basement walls to bow inwards, which if not fixed can cause the walls to eventually collapse.
Stair- Step: Like horizontal wall cracks, stair-step cracks are also a sign of problems. If the home’s foundation is settling unevenly pressure is placed on the basement walls producing the stair-step cracks.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
To fix the foundation problems, Blue Umbrella offers different foundation repair options, installing the right solution for your basement problem.
Steel I-Beam Installation
If the basement walls have bowed in more than two inches, our recommendation is steel I-beams which are installed against the walls preventing any further weakening or bowing.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
In less extreme cases of bowing basement walls, we install carbon fiber strips that similarly strengthen the walls, but can be covered up or painted over.
Serving Greater Hudson County
We serve all cities and towns throughout Hudson County and the surrounding area offering basement waterproofing, foundation repair, and crawl space encapsulation.
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
If you live or have a business in Hudson County and need basement waterproofing, foundation repair, or crawl space encapsulation services. Give us a call today so we can come and provide a free home inspection and estimate.
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.