Short Hills, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Short Hills' Best Basement & Foundation Repair Contractor
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing is the waterproofing company you can rely on in Short Hills, NJ. With over 20+ years of experience, you can trust our seasoned professionals to provide high-quality and warrantied basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, and basement foundation services. When you choose us as your Short Hills waterproofing company, you can count on:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
When choosing Blue Umbrella for your Short Hills home, you will receive top-grade workmanship from friendly, experienced professionals. We complete our work on time and within budget using only top-quality materials and proven products. Contact us today!
Need waterproofing or foundation repair?
We provide free inspections and estimates so you can find out.
Basement Waterproofing in Short Hills
No two Short Hill homes are the same, which is why we customize our basement waterproofing solutions to fit your home. Blue Umbrella’s custom approach beats the generic systems out there. It allows for the most effective method and at the most effective cost! With newer-built homes, exterior basement waterproofing is a good solution. However, with existing homes, exterior waterproofing requires digging up driveways, sidewalks, or flowerbeds. So, Blue Umbrella provides a cost-effective interior basement waterproofing option that avoids unnecessary excavation.
How Does Interior Basement Waterproofing Work?
- Interior basement waterproofing starts with drilling weep holes along the bottom row of cement blocks to drain any water that has entered them. This reduces the pressure on your foundation walls and allows excess water to drain.
- The drained water is caught by a french drain installed to collect and move the entered water into a sump pump.
- The basement sump pump has valves that detect when high water levels/pressure is present. Once the water gets too high, it automatically pumps the water out.
- The removed water is then sent to an exterior drainage system, removed from your property, and drained down the street.
- A battery backup sump pump is installed into the system to protect your basement from flooding, even if the power goes out during a storm/outage.
- The last step is adding a basement dehumidifier to lower basement humidity levels in the basement which cause many issues like fungus, mold, and wood rot.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
There are many additional benefits to basement waterproofing other than keeping your home away from unwanted moisture, including:
- Improved well-being and safety. Mold and fungus in a wet basement can cause many allergy-like symptoms and upper respiratory infections you want to avoid for your family. Wood rot can compromise your home's integrity. Waterproofing keeps mold and rot at bay.
- Increased home value. When you want to sell your home in the future, you want to ensure you find ways to improve your home value, not lower it. Water damage is a common issue inspectors highlight that can reduce your home value, which is why you need waterproofing protection.
- More optimal space. With a newly waterproofed basement, you can convert the area into any space you can imagine. You may have a new office, theater, or family gathering room, a great new addition to your Short Hills home.
- Peace of mind. When those heavy rainstorms and snowstorms come in, you can rest assured that there is no more need to worry. Your basement and house are safe from flooding.
Crawl Space Encapsulation, Waterproofing, & Repair
If your Short Hills, NJ, home does not have a full basement but a crawl space, do not worry! Blue Umbrella has you covered, offering the top repair, encapsulating, and waterproofing services for crawl spaces that keep them clean of pests, excess water, and unwanted mold.
How the Crawl Space Waterproofing & Encapsulation Process Works
Like basement waterproofing, similar steps are followed to waterproof (encapsulate) your Short Hills crawl space listed below:
- First, the space is dried: Any water collected in the area is removed, and the space is thoroughly cleaned of debris or water to provide a clean slate for the sump pump.
- French Drain: A french drain is installed along the perimeter of the crawl space.
- Sump Pump Installation: A sump pump is installed to ensure that any water that makes its way into the space is removed and drained.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: The crawl space vents and entrance is sealed shut, and a protective vapor barrier is laid along the floors and walls to seal away all moisture and keep any rodents or pests out of the area.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: Lastly, a crawl space dehumidifier is placed to complete the encapsulation system. This keeps humidity levels balanced in the space, which prevents wood rot and mold growth.
Our expertise and experience make the process easy, effective, and permanent. You can rely on Blue Umbrella to provide quality and reliable crawl space repair and encapsulation services that will protect the future of your Short Hills home.
Short Hills, NJ Foundation Repair
Not only does Blue Umbrella provide waterproofing in Short Hills, but also basement foundation repair. If you notice floor cracks, bowing walls, or other foundation damage, this is your sign to take action.
Vertical: Vertical cracks in your foundation are caused by shrinkage. As concrete ages and cures over time, vertical cracks form in the walls. Typically these cracks do not mean there is a severe foundation issue. Still, these cracks can act as channels for water to seep into your basement. Our basement professionals can quickly fix and seal these cracks preventing water from entering.
Horizontal: Horizontal cracks are signs of more significant foundation problems and should be taken very seriously. These cracks are caused by soil and water pressure pressing against the basement walls. This can cause the walls to bow inwards. In addition, horizontal cracks can spread, meaning time is essential for repairs to be done.
Stair Step: Another sign of foundation issues in your Short Hills home is stair-step cracks. Stair-step cracks appear as stair shapes on the foundation and are caused by the soil below the foundation settling unevenly. When the foundation settles unevenly, it puts pressure on the basement walls. If you see these stair-step cracks, you need foundation repair services.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
When repairing your foundation, we cause as little disruption as possible while installing permanent solutions. We use minimally invasive but, most importantly, durable and permanent foundation repair solutions. So if you are ready to restore your foundation’s integrity, contact us!
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Carbon fiber is an excellent solution to basement walls that bow inwards. Carbon fiber is a resilient material as strong as steel and effectively reinforces your basement walls. The carbon strips are attached flush against the bowed walls every four feet. Additionally, these carbon strips are easy to hide with a coat of paint.
Steel I-Beam Installation
If your Short Hills home has basement walls bowing more than two inches, we install Steel I-Beams. These beams are reinforced with anchored bolts on the top and bottom of the walls to keep them in place. I-Beams offer support and stabilization to keep your walls from caving inward.
Prep for Your Short Hills Project
A foundation repair or basement waterproofing project in Short Hills, NJ can involve a lot of steps, but Blue Umbrella will be with you throughout the whole thing. Here are some helpful links as you get started on the journey. Short Hills, NJ is part of Millburn, NJ
Millburn, NJ Building & Zoning
375 Millburn Ave, Millburn, NJ 07041
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Helpful Millburn, NJ Links
Millburn, NJ Building & Zoning
Building & Zoning Documents
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
Blue Umbrella is New Jersey’s trusted basement expert with over 20+ years of experience providing quality and efficient repair services. Get your home the care it needs today by scheduling a free home inspection.
When you need basement waterproofing, crawl space, or basement foundation repairs, turn to the Blue Umbrella. We are your Short Hills experts. Call us at (908) 628-1982 or contact us online!
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.
Get My FREE Estimate
Schedule a free inspection today!
OUR PAST PROJECTS
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tips, tools & news!
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing Proudly Serves These Areas
For more information about basement waterproofing services or to find out if Blue Umbrella serves your area, see our complete service area.