River Edge, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Your Top Basement & Foundation Expert
Living in River Edge, you may have seen Blue Umbrella’s trucks in your neighbor’s driveway. We have helped hundreds of homeowners in River Edge and the surrounding areas with basement waterproofing, foundation repair, and crawl space encapsulation. When you give us a call, you receive:
- Free inspection & estimates
- A lifetime warranty
- Quality products
- Respect for your home
- Decades of experience
- An Umbrella Maintenance Plan
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Does your home need waterproofing?
Before you begin a basement waterproofing project, you first need to have one of Blue Umbrella’s experts over to thoroughly inspect your basement to identify the source of any entering water and the underlying causes.
How Does Our Basement Waterproofing Work?
- There are two ways that water in your River Edge basement can be addressed. First is exterior basement waterproofing, which requires digging up the soil surrounding your home’s foundation and putting a sealant against the basement walls and an exterior french drain. But, interior basement waterproofing is often the less expensive and more practical option.
- Interior basement waterproofing starts with weep holes drilled at the basement walls' base along the basement perimeter.
- The weep holes control any entering water draining it to french drains installed along the basement perimeter.
- The water captured by the french drain is channeled to a sump pump installed in the basement floor.
- The sump pump pumps the water out of the basement to an exterior drainage system which brings the water to the street.
- With tough basement water issues, we use Blue Angel sump pumps.
- The final part of interior basement waterproofing is adding a basement dehumidifier that controls the basement humidity, preventing mold growth and rot
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
When you have a basement waterproofing system in your home, you get more than a dry basement.
- Improved health and a safer environment – Keeping your basement dry and free of excess humidity prevents mold and mold spores in your home which can cause allergic reactions.
- Home value protection - A home with basement waterproofing is a home protected from value-destroying mold and water damage.
- Extra space - When you waterproof your basement you suddenly have an entire new floor of space that you can use.
- Reduce stress levels - Rainstorms no longer mean basement flooding, which means no more stressed-out nights for you.
River Edge, NJ Block Wall Basement Waterproofing
A homeowner in River Edge New Jersey was dealing with water in their basement, leaking through the block walls of their home’s foundation. The basement was partially finished with painted drywall and insulation but the basement water was putting the space at risk of water damage and mold growth. So, they gave Blue Umbrella a call. Blue Umbrella cut away the lower portion of the drywall and studs around the perimeter of the basement in order to install an interior waterproofing system.
The interior waterproofing system captured any entering water in a french drain which then channeled the water to a sump pump that pumped the water out of the basement and away from the home. With the new waterproofing system in place the homeowner is able to repair the drywall without worrying about the risk of future water damage.
Crawl Space Encapsulation & Repair
Along with basement waterproofing, Blue Umbrella also offers crawl space encapsulation and waterproofing services. Crawl space repair and encapsulation keep water, mold, rodents, and insects out of the crawl space, preventing expensive damage.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Crawl space waterproofing follows many of the same steps as basement waterproofing.
- Drying the Space: The crawl space of your River Edge home is first cleaned and any water is removed from the space.
- Sump Pump Installation: The floor of the crawl space is graded to a slope to one corner of the space where a crawl space sump pump is installed to remove any future water.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: The crawl space vents are sealed off from the outside and a thick vinyl liner is laid on the floor and against the basement walls.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A crawl space dehumidifier is added to control the humidity level, preventing the growth of mold.
Basement Foundation Repair
Besides waterproofing your basement, Blue Umbrella offers professional foundation repair of basement walls in River Edge, NJ. If you think you may have an issue with your basement walls the type of cracks that you see in the walls can help identify the underlying problem.
Vertical: If you see vertical wall cracks in the basement walls, these usually are just the result of the natural aging process of concrete and don’t generally indicate a foundation issue.
Horizontal: Horizontal wall cracks are a different story. The soil surrounding the basement walls presses inwards and can cause the walls to buckle, and if not corrected, it leads to eventual collapse. As the walls begging bowing inward, horizontal wall cracks can form.
Stair-Step: Stair-step cracks are also bad news. If your foundation is settling unevenly, strain is placed on the wall leading to the formation of stair-step cracks.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
Damaged and bowing walls in your River Edge home, if left uncorrected, can result in disaster. The good news is that Blue Umbrella provides professional foundation repair solutions in River Edge, NJ.
Steel I-Beam Installation
In cases where the basement walls have bowed inwards substantially, over two inches, Blue Umbrella uses steel I-beams which are placed flush against the wall. The I-beams strengthen the walls and prevent the walls from weakening further.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
If In less extreme cases, carbon fiber strips are used. The carbon fiber strips are placed against the wall, and in addition to strengthening the basement walls, the carbon fiber strips can be covered up or even painted over.
Preparing for Your River Edge Project
As you start your waterproofing or foundation repair project you will quickly realize there is a bit of paperwork that needs to be filed with the River Edge local government. But no need to worry, Blue Umbrella is with you through the whole process.
River Edge Borough Building Department
Email: [email protected]
Location: 705 Kinderkamack Road, River Edge, NJ 07661
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Helpful River Edge Links
River Edge Building Department
River Edge Borough Forms and Permits
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
If you live in greater River Edge, NJ, and are faced with basement water, foundation damage, or crawl space issues, give Blue Umbrella a call. We offer permanent, warrantied solutions. Get your free inspection and estimate.
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.