Ridgewood, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Your Basement & Foundation Pros
For years, Ridgewood, NJ, homeowners and businesses have turned to Blue Umbrella for basement, waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair services throughout greater Ridgewood, NJ. We are here to solve your problems, keeping your home safe and protected.
- Free inspection & estimates
- A lifetime warranty
- Quality products
- Respect for your home
- Decades of experience
- An Umbrella Maintenance Plan
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Does your home need waterproofing?
Do you see water seeping through your basement walls or floors? You may need basement waterproofing services in your Ridgewood home. Still, before you install a new basement waterproofing system, you should first have one of our basement waterproofing experts visit and give your property a thorough inspection, free of charge. After reviewing your property, our basement expert will sit down with you to explain the challenge you face and the likely causes and answer any of your questions. Then, if deemed necessary, they will provide you with a customized basement waterproofing plan and estimate the total cost.
How Does Our Basement Waterproofing Work?
- If it turns out that you need basement waterproofing in your Ridgewood home, the two options are exterior or interior basement waterproofing. In most cases, interior basement waterproofing is the less expensive and disruptive form of waterproofing that is just as effective.
- In interior basement waterproofing, the first step is that weep holes are drilled at the base of the basement wall all along the perimeter of the basement.
- The weep holes control the entry of water, directing it to a French Drain installed below the weep holes along the basement perimeter.
- The water collected in the French drain channels water to a sump pump which then pumps the water up and out of the basement to an exterior drainage system. With tough basement water issues, we use Blue Angel sump pumps.
- The exterior drainage system transports the water down to the street, where it can be safely released away from your basement.
- Finally, a basement dehumidifier is added to your basement. The dehumidifier keeps the humidity in the space low enough to prevent mold growth and rot damage.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Getting your Ridgewood home waterproofed does more than just keep your basement dry.
- Improved health and a safer environment – Mold spores can aggravate and even cause allergic reactions. Preventing mold growth through basement waterproofing protects your health.
- Home value protection - Preventing mold and water damage to your home protects its value.
- Extra space - With a dry basement, you have a whole new floor of usable space.
- Reduce stress levels - The pitter patter of rain on the roof no longer brings the fear of a flooded basement.
Crawl Space Encapsulation & Repair
Not only do we fix and waterproof basements in Ridgewood, but we also repair and encapsulate crawl spaces, keeping them free of water, mold, rodents, and insects. If you have a crawl space instead of a basement, do not hesitate to give us a call.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Crawl space waterproofing is similar to the basement waterproofing process. Crawl space waterproofing and encapsulation follows many of the same steps as basement waterproofing.
- Drying the Space: The crawl space is cleaned out. Any debris, water, or dirt is removed from the space.
- Sump Pump Installation: With the space clean and clear, the ground in the crawl space is graded to create a slope to one corner of the crawl space where a crawl space sump pump is installed. Any water entering the space will make its way to the sump pump where it will be collected and removed.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: The vents and the entrance to the crawl space are sealed, keeping any outside air from making its way into the area. A thick vinyl liner is placed on the crawl space walls and on the floor, effectively encapsulating the crawl space.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: To finish the crawl space repair of your Ridgewood home, we add a crawl space dehumidifier to control the humidity in the space, just like we do in a basement, preventing mold and rot.
Basement Foundation Repair
Blue Umbrella can keep your Ridgewood basement or crawl space dry, and we can also repair bowing or damaged basement walls, offering professional foundation repair services. If you see cracks forming in your basement walls, the type of crack can tell you much about the likely cause of your foundation problems.
Vertical: If you see vertical wall cracks in your basement walls, it is not generally a cause for immediate concern. As concrete ages, it naturally forms vertical wall cracks, which do not indicate a weakened foundation. But, vertical wall cracks can allow water to seep into the basement, which epoxy injections can partially resolve to seal the cracks.
Horizontal: If instead of vertical wall cracks in your Ridgewood home, you see horizontal wall cracks, this could be a sign of a foundation problem. As the soil outside of your basement presses in against the walls, the walls can weaken and begin to bow and buckle. It is this bowing that creates the horizontal wall cracks that you see in the wall. In this case, you need foundation repair.
Stair-Step: Just like horizontal wall cracks, stair-step cracks are also an issue. If your home’s foundation settles unevenly, this places stress along the basement walls producing stair-step cracks indicative of weakening in the basement walls, which need to be repaired.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
The good news is that Blue Umbrella offers reliable, long-lasting foundation repair services, fixing bowing and damaged basement walls in Ridgewood.
Steel I-Beam Installation
In instances of intense basement wall bowing, where the walls are bowing inwards over two inches, we use steel I-beams to strengthen the basement walls and prevent any further damage. The I-beams are placed flush against the basement walls and prevent further bowing.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
With less intense damage, an alternative solution is carbon fiber strips which, like I-beams, are placed flush against the basement, strengthening the wall and halting any further damage. The carbon fiber strips can be painted over or covered up.
Preparing for Your Ridgewood Project
As you start your waterproofing or foundation repair project you will quickly realize there is a bit of paperwork that needs to be filed with the Ridgewood local government. But no need to worry, Blue Umbrella is with you through the whole process.
Township Building Department
Phone: (201) 670-5500
Location: 131 N Maple Ave # 1, Ridgewood, NJ 07450
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 4:30 PM
Helpful Ridgewood, NJ Links
Ridgewood Building Department
Ridgewood Building Forms
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
For basement water problems, crawl space issues, or foundation damage Blue Umbrella is your trusted expert in Ridgewood, NJ. Reach out to us today for your free home inspection and estimate.
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.