Fairlawn, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Fairlawn's Best Basement & Foundation Contractor
With basement expertise that spans decades, the Blue Umbrella Waterproofing professionals will deliver the highest standard of quality services and exceptional customer service. Blue Umbrella provides professional waterproofing services, crawl space repair, and basement foundation repair services for homeowners and businesses in Greater Fairlawn, NJ.
- Free inspection & estimates
- A lifetime warranty
- Quality products
- Respect for your home
- Decades of experience
- An Umbrella Maintenance Plan
Blue Umbrella professionals will take care of your home as our own. With years of experience, we guarantee our dedicated team of basement professionals will provide your home in Fairlawn, NJ, with warrantied, timely, and skillful workmanship using the best quality materials for your basement needs.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Each Fairlawn home and basement is unique and has varying needs. Instead of a blanketed strategy that would be used for every home, Blue Umbrella’s waterproofing solutions are tailored for every Fairlawn home. Exterior basement waterproofing is a great solution when constructing new homes, but this isn't always a fruitful endeavor when waterproofing existing homes. With existing houses, the process of unearthing the outside walls could be both expensive and demanding. Our solution for this is interior basement waterproofing for existing structures, including homes and places of business. Blue Umbrella’s Interior waterproofing solution comprises of:
How Does Interior Basement Waterproofing Work?
- Weep holes are carefully created to relieve the pressure building up within the interior basement walls that cause leaks and overall structural damage.
- A french drain is placed to lead the captured water into a sump pump.
- The drained water is then drawn away from the basement using the basement sump pump, a device that moves water from your basement to the outside of your home.
- A battery backup sump pump is installed to ensure that your home is secured against water entering your home even during an electrical blackout. With challenging basement water issues, we use Blue Angel sump pumps.
- Lastly, a basement dehumidifier works to prevent rot and mold from growing caused by high humidity levels.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Your home will not only be secure and ready to withstand all weather with expert basement waterproofing but also equipped with these necessary advantages:
- Maintaining Health and Safety. High humidity levels within a damp basement can result in mold growth, possibly leading to residents experiencing upper respiratory infections and allergic reactions caused by mold spores.
- Higher home value. To ensure the highest home value in the future, reducing water damage will significantly and positively impact your home's appreciation.
- Functional space. A dry basement is a blank canvas that can be converted into a water-free practical space for you or the family, becoming a new home theater, office, or playroom for the kids!
- No more stress. With a fully waterproofed basement, you can relax your mind and no longer worry about the mess of damaging basement flooding.
Crawl Space Encapsulation & Repair
With years of experience working with Fairlawn, NJ homes, we often see crawl spaces victim to high moisture problems. Our expertly curated team provides crawl space waterproofing to seal, insulate and remove unwanted pests in these areas.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Your Fairlawn, NJ crawl space encapsulation/waterproofing will have much of the same solutions as a basement.
- The area is dried: The space is dried. All excess water accumulated in the area is drained, and the space is thoroughly cleaned to provide a fresh work area.
- Sump Pump Installation: The Sump Pump collects and removes water that has penetrated the structure.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: To exit all insects, vermin, and moisture, an insulating vapor barrier is lined on the crawl space floor.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: The controlled humidity provided by a dehumidifier prevents rot and mold growth from threatening the space and harming resident health.
Crawl space repair and encapsulation are necessary for ensuring your Fairlawn home does not encounter structural damage, low air quality, and standing water problems. Blue Umbrella Waterproofing is your defense against the elements, providing the highest quality crawl space repair and encapsulation for the longevity of your home.
Foundation Repair in Fairlawn, NJ
The structural integrity of your Fairlawn home may be compromised if you see cracks and leaks appear in your basement walls, indicating potentially serious damages. Our experienced specialists provide professional and prompt basement foundation repair services.
Vertical: Time affects concrete; as it ages, it begins to shrink, leading to cracks that run vertically. These cracks usually do not raise the risk of foundation issues, but the water entering through these cracks could result in much more significant problems for your basement.
Horizontal: Unfortunately, Cracks that run horizontally indicate that the foundation has structural issues. These Horizontal cracks are usually caused by shallow soil pressing against the subterranean walls. This leads to the walls bowing inwardly. Bowing walls are a significant complication and must be dealt with as soon as possible. If the walls are left, the problem will only grow worse.
Stair-Step: Stair step cracks are often found in mortar joints of brick walls following the path along the brickwork and resemble the look of stairs. They are a significant indicator of foundation settlement issues where the foundation may have settled quicker or slower in certain sections, as well as if there is a moisture issue in the soil around the home’s foundation. This uneven settlement, especially when the crack is wide and protruding out, can cause serious foundation issues, which can be resolved with our expert foundation repair services.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
With our expert workmanship and over 20 years of experience, Blue Umbrella has built a suite of techniques/processes to provide minimally invasive, cost-effective, and durable foundation repair services with little interruption in your home. Contact us today to obtain the top foundation repair service in Fairlawn, NJ.
Steel I-Beam Installation
If your basement walls are severely bowed inward, they need a galvanized solution to keep them standing strong. Steel beam installation utilizes sturdy steel I-beams that are cut to size, mounted to the floor with a floor plate, and reinforced securely with floor joists to keep the beam in place. The tight pressure of the beams creates stabilization preventing further bowing and slow straightening of your walls over time.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Carbon fiber reinforcement can work on both poured concrete and block walls, serving as a strong support system to bowed/titled/cracked walls. Carbon fiber strips are incredibly durable, easily covered, and minimally invasive, restoring your basement walls' integrity for long-term foundation protection against water and soil pressures. The implementation of carbon fiber strips by our professionals will restore your Fairlawn, NJ home’s value and your peace of mind.
Prep for Your Fairlawn Project
A foundation repair or basement waterproofing project in Fairlawn, NJ can involve a lot of steps, but Blue Umbrella will be with you throughout the whole thing. Here are some helpful links as you get started on the journey.
Fairlawn, NJ Building/Zoning
8-01 Fair Lawn Avenue
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410
Mon - Friday (8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing has faithfully served the Greater Fairlawn, NJ area for over 20 years and is your #1 trusted local pro for all your basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, and basement foundation repair needs. Providing you with exceptional care and peace of mind is our mission. Get your free inspection today!
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.