Berkeley Heights, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Serving Homeowners & Businesses
If you need an expert with decades of experience to help repair and protect your basement Blue Umbrella Waterproofing is your go to water proofing company. We provide homeowners and businesses in Berkeley Heights long-lasting warranted basement waterproofing, basement foundation repair, and crawl space repair.
You can count on:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
When you work with Blue Umbrella Waterproofing you can expect us to show up on time, to compete the project on schedule, and to keep the work within budget. Reach out to us today to receive a free home inspection.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Every home in Berkeley Heights is unique and what may be the basement waterproofing solution in one home may not be the right solution for your home. Before we begin any basement waterproofing work, we provide a free home inspection and develop a customized waterproofing plan which may include interior or exterior basement waterproofing solutions. Your home waterproofing plan can include:
- French drain installation to direct water to a sump pump which brings water out and away from your home.
- Weep hole drilling to guide any water seeping into the basement into your newly installed French drain.
- Battery backup sump pump to ensure your home is always protected.
- Basement dehumidifier installation to reduce humidity and improve air quality.
- Sump pump to safely remove water from the basement and pump it out and away from your home.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
With proper basement waterproofing not only is your Berkeley Heights home kept safe and dry but you also receive additional benefits:
- Improved health and safety environment – Humidity makes your basement a breeding ground for mold growth which can result in allergic symptoms and upper respiratory infections. Basement waterproofing can prevent this.
- Protect your home’s value - Water damage in your home will lower its overall value, but having a full basement waterproofing system may actually increase its value.
- Extra space - Once your basement is properly waterproofed you can use the extra space to set up a home theater, a livings space or a home office.
- Reduce Stress levels - Knowing that your basement is safe from water means you can sleep peacefully at night.
Berkeley Heights, NJ Basement Waterproofing & French Drain System
To keep the basement of this Berkeley Heights, NJ (07922) home dry we installed a french drain as part of a basement waterproofing system. The completed system was 195 feet of french drain and included two sump pump basins, two sump pumps, one Sante Fe dehumidifier, and a trench drain in front of the basement stairs to collect and drain away any water sneaking into the basement. The basement waterproofing system is warrantied for life so the homeowners won't have to worry about water in their basement anymore. If you need a dry basement give us a call: 908-432-8858.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
It is unlikely that you go in your crawl space very much, but if left ignored, like a basement, your crawl space can become a mess of wet, humid, water damaged property riddled with bugs.
- Mold growth in the crawl space can find its way upstairs.
- Water damage can lead to deterioration of your home’s foundation.
- Bugs, insects and rodents like nothing better than an abandoned crawl space.
If you have a crawl space, Blue Umbrella can help. We offer complete crawl space repair and crawl space encapsulation services for homes and businesses in Berkeley Heights.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Your crawl space is part of your home and anything that is in the crawl space may travel upstairs. But you can seal off your crawl space from the outdoors.
- Drying the Space:The first step is to clean the crawl space and remove any water.
- Sump Pump Installation:Next a crawl space sump pump is installed to collect and pump out and away any future water entering the crawl space.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: A thick, durable liner is installed along the basement floors and walls. The liner encapsulates the crawl space, sealing out any moisture from entering. Caps are placed on any crawl space vents.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier:A dehumidifier made for the crawl space is installed. The dehumidifier controls the humidity of the space, preventing mold growth.
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing handles the entire crawl space repair process, providing a reliable crawl space system to protect your Berkeley Heights home for years to come.
Basement Foundation Repair
Blue Umbrella handles more than just waterproofing. We also can help you repair your basement foundation. When dealing with foundation issues you can find clues as to the underlying issues by the type of walls cracks present.
Vertical: Vertical wall cracks in your basement are the result of concrete naturally shrinking over time. These cracks generally don’t mean that there is a foundation issue. However, water can still seep into the basement. We seal these cracks to keep water out.
Horizontal:If there are horizontal wall cracks in your basement this is a problem. Horizontal wall cracks form as soil presses up against the basement walls causing them to bow inwards. Bowing basement walls left unfixed will eventually collapse.
Stair Step:Stair step cracks also indicate foundation issues. As the soil beneath your Berkeley Heights home’s foundation settles it may settle unevenly causing parts of the floor to dip, putting stress on the basement wall. As the stress builds, stair step cracks form.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
We employ minimally invasive foundation solutions to strengthen the foundation of your home.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
To strengthen the walls of your foundation, carbon fiber strips are installed. The carbon fiber strips are stronger than steel and run flush along the wall. The strips can even be painted over. The installation process is fast and minimally invasive, but most importantly, it provides long-term protection to your foundation.
Helpful Resources For Your
Berkeley Heights Project
When you are beginning your waterproofing or foundation repair project you want to get your ducks in a row. Here is a list of helpful Berkeley Heights resources and links. If you have any questions about the permits and paperwork, give us a call.
Berkeley Heights Town Hall
Address: 29 Park Ave, Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
Construction Official: Anthony Cirz
Phone: 732-244-7400, option 1 for town hall, then 4 for Construction
Building inspections are done by Bill Wilkins and Robin Greenwald at the following times:
Monday through Friday
12:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Electrical inspections are done by Joe Marretta at the following times:
Monday / Wednesday / Friday
10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Plumbing inspections are done by John Kostrowski at the following times:
Monday through Friday
10:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Fire inspections are done by Joe Popolo three days a week
Helpful Berkeley Heights Links
Appointments for Inspections
Berkeley Heights Permit Process
Check Permit Status
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
If you need basement waterproofing, crawl space repair or basement foundation repair in Berkeley Heights, NJ, Blue Umbrella Waterproofing is your local expert. We offer quality services, using top-quality products, providing industry-best guarantees.
Schedule a free inspection at your Linden home or business by calling 908-432-8858 or contact us online today.
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.
Get My FREE Estimate
Schedule a free inspection today!
OUR PAST PROJECTS
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tips, tools & news!
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing Proudly Serves These Areas
For more information about basement waterproofing services or to find out if Blue Umbrella serves your area, see our complete service area.