Bound Brook, NJ Basement Waterproofing & Foundation Repair
Bound Brook's Best Waterproofing & Foundation Repair Company
Do you have a wet basement in your Bound Brook, NJ home? The experts at Blue Umbrella Waterproofing are here to help. Whether you need basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, or foundation repair services, our team works quickly and efficiently to provide you with quality solutions you can trust.
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
Our experts can quickly diagnose what’s wrong with your home or commercial property and provide quick and reliable repairs using proven products and materials. Whether you need basement waterproofing for a residential home, a multi-family home, or a commercial storefront, our team is here to help. Contact us today to schedule your free estimate!
Looking for waterproofing or foundation repair?
We provide free inspections and estimates. Get started with Blue Umbrella right now!
Basement Waterproofing Company in Bound Brook
Here at Blue Umbrella Waterproofing, we don’t believe in one size fits all solutions. We know that your Bound Brook home is unique, which is why our experts will provide a customized basement waterproofing solution to meet your needs. We’ll also make sure to use the least invasive method to provide satisfactory results without cutting corners.
What are the Steps to Interior Basement Waterproofing?
While every basement is different, most basement waterproofing involves the following process:
- Weep Holes are drilled into the perimeter of the basement. These are small holes in the base of your basement walls that direct water to specific areas.
- We’ll install a French drain in that area. This drain will collect the water that enters through the weep holes and transport it to a sump pump.
- This basement sump pump is the key to your basement waterproofing solution. With a battery backup to keep the system running even without power, this pump removes the excess water from your basement and into an exterior drainage system.
- This exterior drainage system takes the water even farther away from your Bound Brook home by directing it down the street.
- Finally, our team will install a basement dehumidifier to ensure that your basement stays dry and that mold and rot won’t become a problem.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Besides merely keeping the basement dry, a basement waterproofing solution comes with additional benefits such as:
- Better health and safety. A wet basement can be a haven for allergens and is the perfect place for mold to grow. Without this excess moisture, your basement, and by extension the rest of your home, will be much healthier.
- Higher home value. A wet basement can be a big red flag when you sell your home, but a basement waterproofing solution is a selling point by giving potential purchasers peace of mind.
- More room. Water in your basement makes it difficult to make use of the space for fear of water damage. In contrast, a dry basement can be transformed into a theater, an office, a gym, or anything else you can think of.
- Peace of mind. With a reliable basement waterproofing solution in place, you won’t need to worry about flooding the next time a big storm comes your way.
Bound Brook Crawl Space Waterproofing & Encapsulation
Do you have a crawl space instead of a basement in your Bound Brook, NJ home? The team at Blue Umbrella Waterproofing can still help with quality crawl space repair, encapsulation, and waterproofing services to transform your crawl space from a nuisance to a benefit.
How the Crawl Space Waterproofing & Encapsulation Process Works
Because crawl spaces are typically open to the elements, they can quickly become nasty, damp spaces with plenty of mold and insects. Luckily our crawl space encapsulation services can transform your Bound Brook, NJ crawl space in 5 steps.
- Dry the Area: Any pooled water is removed, and then the area is cleaned and dried.
- Add a French Drain. The french drain is installed around the perimeter of the basement to collect any water in the space.
- Install a Sump Pump: Like basement waterproofing, our team will install a powerful sump pump to collect any water entering your crawl space and pump it out of your Bound Brook home.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: Next, our team will lay a durable, protective liner on the floors and walls of the crawl space. This liner serves to close off your crawl space from the elements, keeping out moisture, bugs, and other critters.
- Install a Crawl Space Dehumidifier: Finally, our team will install a powerful crawl space dehumidifier to make sure the space stays dry in the future.
Just like that, our team can transform your crawl space into a dry, critter-free space. Not only will this keep out moisture and pests, but it can even let you use your crawl space for storage!
Bound Brook, NJ Foundation Repair
At Blue Umbrella Waterproofing, we also provide a wide range of foundation repair solutions. Sometimes that crack in your basement might be a sign of an underlying foundation problem. Some cracks you might see include:
Vertical Cracks: Because concrete naturally shrinks, vertical cracks can develop on your basement walls over time. While usually not a sign of a bigger foundation problem, these cracks are often the culprit of a leaky basement. If you notice such cracks, our team can seal them to prevent them from causing a wet basement later.
Horizontal Cracks: Unlike vertical cracks, horizontal cracks typically indicate a foundation problem. These cracks are usually caused by shallow soil pressing up against your basement walls. As a result of this pressure, those walls are beginning to bow inwards, which can become a serious problem over time.
Stair Step Cracks: Another sign of a potentially serious foundation problem, these cracks are formed when the soil beneath your home settles unevenly. This, in turn, causes the foundation to settle unevenly, putting stress on your basement walls.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
Luckily our experts at Blue Umbrella have decades of experience dealing with problems like these, and we offer a wide variety of reliable, permanent foundation repair solutions. The type of solution will depend on the nature of your foundation problem, but some common solutions include:
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
This non-invasive solution is perfect for basement walls that are only beginning to bow slightly. These carbon fiber strips are epoxied flush against the offending wall every four feet and strengthen the walls. Since carbon fiber is stronger than steel, these strips can greatly strengthen your walls while still being easy to install quickly and easy to cover up with paint. Unfortunately, this is not enough if the walls have begun to bow two inches or more, in which case a different foundation repair solution is needed.
Steel I-Beam Installation
If the bowing of the basement walls in your Bound Brook home is too serious for carbon strips, then steel I-beam installation is the repair we recommend. These I-beams are flush against the basement walls and fastened at the top and bottom. This greatly strengthens your basement walls and will prevent any further bowing.
Prep for Your Bound Brook Project
Starting a basement waterproofing or foundation repair project in your home can seem overwhelming. But we are there for you every step of the way, so no need to worry. Here are some helpful web pages to visit before we get started on your Bound Brook home.
Bound Brook, NJ Office of Construction, Housing and Code Enforcement
230 Hamilton St.
Bound Brook, NJ 08805
732-356-0833 ext. 630
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Helpful Bound Brook, NJ Links
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
Do you need basement waterproofing, crawl space waterproofing, or foundation repair in Bound Brook, NJ? The experts at Blue Umbrella Waterproofing are here to help. Contact us today to schedule your free estimate by calling (908) 628-1982 or clicking below.
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.