Basement Waterproofing & Foundation Repair For Your Chatham, NJ Home
Chatham’s #1 Foundation Repair, Basement Waterproofing, and Crawl Space Encapsulation Contractor
Tired of your basement being damp and musty? Does your crawl space turn into a moldy swamp during the rainy season? What about cracks spreading across your foundation? If your home is experiencing these problems, it’s time to call Blue Umbrella Waterproofing!
From foundation repair and basement waterproofing to crawl space encapsulation in Chatham, NJ, Blue Umbrella has the solutions to keep your home safe and dry all year round!
Why Call for Blue Umbrella
- No Obligation, Zero Stress: We offer free inspections and estimates!
- Enjoy lasting peace of mind with our transferable lifetime warranty
- Our Umbrella Maintenance Plan ensures your home stays protected from water problems!
- Our high-quality solutions are backed by decades of experience in foundation repair and waterproofing.
- We treat every home with the care and respect that it deserves!
- At Blue Umbrella, quality is our #1 priority! The job’s not done until it’s been done right!
With the best foundation repair and waterproofing company in Chatham, NJ, on your side, you can relax in your home without worrying about the next rainy day. Whether you’re a resident on Geoffrey Ct or a business on Green Village Rd, Blue Umbrella is here for you! Call us for a free inspection and a detailed estimate for your property!
Fixing Basement & Foundations
Call to get your free home inspection and estimate.
Chatham, NJ’s Favorite Basement Waterproofing Company
Water can be fun, especially if you’re beating the summer heat with a trip to the Funplex for their water slides! But water in your basement is hardly anyone’s idea of a good time–which is why getting the proper basement waterproofing in place is important.
To begin the process, Blue Umbrella performs a free inspection of your Chatham, NJ, home to search for problem signs and sources. This thorough inspection is how we develop a custom-designed waterproofing solution for your basement!
Did You Know About Hydrostatic Pressure?
Did you know hydrostatic pressure is one of the most common causes of basement water intrusion? Even if there isn’t a crack in your foundation, hydrostatic pressure can push water through the cold joints of your foundation, such as the space between your basement wall and your foundation floor slab. Hydrostatic pressure can also cause basement wall bowing, tipping, and shearing.
Understanding Interior & Exterior Waterproofing
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing solves basement water and hydrostatic pressure problems using interior basement waterproofing and exterior basement waterproofing in Chatham, NJ. Here’s a quick look at how we install interior waterproofing systems:
- First, we drill weep holes around the perimeter of your basement at the bottom of the walls. Whenever water reaches your foundation, it’ll flow through these holes and into the drainage channels that get installed.
- We add Drainage channels along the basement perimeter, beneath the floor slab. Like a water slide, these drainage channels are installed at a downward pitch so that water moves straight to the sump pit.
- We next install a new Blue Angel sump pump into the sump pit–this will evacuate any water that collects there, moving it out through a discharge line to a location away from your home.
- Finally, we install a basement dehumidifier to control your basement’s humidity levels further to prevent problems like mold growth.
- Now you can enjoy a safe and dry basement!
An alternative is an exterior waterproofing system installed outside your home. Here’s a brief explanation of how it works…
- Blue Umbrella excavates your exterior foundation.
- We install a blue skin membrane, sealant, and drainage board, placing them against your foundation wall, sealing it off from any outside moisture.
- With everything in place, we backfill the excavated soil onto your foundation.
- It might seem simple, but simple mistakes in waterproofing installation can render a system ineffective.
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing has the expertise to determine which waterproofing method is best for your Chatham, NJ home. But exterior basement waterproofing is usually best done for new construction while the foundation is still exposed. Meanwhile, interior basement waterproofing is usually the best option for existing homes as it is less invasive and more affordable option.
Don’t Let Your Waterproofing Fail When You Need It Most
Blue Umbrella also offers backup sump pumps for our interior basement waterproofing system. We highly recommend these to ensure that your waterproofing remains working in case a power outage or a bad storm causes your primary pump to fail.
Maintenance Makes Perfect (for Waterproofing!)
From airplanes to cars, many things require maintenance to ensure things operate correctly. The same goes for your waterproofing system! Blue Umbrella Waterproofing offers its own Umbrella Maintenance Plan to help ensure your waterproofing does its job without any problems.
What Kinds of Mold Can Appear in My Basement?
There's no avoiding it; mold spores exist practically everywhere. They're essential to the life cycle as they help break down dead matter. But you don't want them in your basement.
Mold spores in low enough concentrations are harmless. But, when mold begins to colonize and spread, the concentration of spores reaches a point that can trigger allergic reactions, asthma attacks, and even cause infections.
Here are common types of mold you may find in a basement without waterproofing:
- Penicillium: Blue or greenish, has a fuzzy, velvety appearance. It also appears on spoiled food.
- Stachybotrys chartarum / Black Mold: Also known as toxic black mold. It can be black to black-green. It tends to grow in leaky areas.
- Aspergillus: Black, white, yellow, gray, or brown. It is harmless for most people but can cause infections for those with weakened immune systems.
- Alternaria: Black, brown, gray with a cotton-like appearance
Preventing moisture and humidity is the key to keeping mold out of your basement. That is where basement waterproofing and dehumidification come in.
The Many Benefits of Waterproofing
Along with foundation damage, water in the basement can result in mold growth, wood rot, and even the invasion of pests such as termites, ants, and dust mites. But basement waterproofing by Blue Umbrella helps prevent all these issues. Waterproofing is essential to protecting your Chatham home and your loved ones.
The Best in Chatham Crawl Space Encapsulation & Waterproofing
Along with basements, Blue Umbrella also has solutions to protect your crawl space against excess moisture and groundwater intrusion with waterproofing and crawl space encapsulation:
- Our crawl space team removes any standing water in your crawl space.
- We then install drainage channels along the crawl space perimeter.
- Any groundwater that reaches these drainage channels gets drained into a newly installed sump pit.
- Our Blue Angel sump pump pushes the water through an exterior drainage line and away from your foundation.
- Blue Umbrella seals your crawl space with a thick, protective vinyl liner. We also seal off openings like crawl space vents and doors.
- We install a crawl space dehumidifier to provide that extra line of protection and prevent humidity buildup and mold growth.
- Breathe easy with a clean and dry crawl space!
- Along with basements, Blue Umbrella also has solutions to protect your crawl space against excess moisture and groundwater intrusion:
Not only does this keep your crawl space dry, but you may also notice an improvement in the air quality of your Chatham home!
Want a Waterproof Crawl Space?
Blue Umbrella's crawl space waterproofing and encapsulation keeps your crawl space dry.
Foundation Repair in Chatham, NJ, That Lasts a Lifetime
Cracked foundations, bowing walls? Blue Umbrella has you covered. We offer permanent foundation repair solutions for bowing, tilting, or shearing basement walls.
Carbon fiber straps are best for basement walls suffering an inward deflection of less than 2 inches. While many companies settle for carbon fiber fabric solutions, Blue Umbrella offers a best-in-class solution with Fortress Stabilization Systems’ InvisiBeam ICC-ES-certified carbon fiber straps. Compared to typical carbon fiber fabric products, InvisiBeam is made of superior materials - carbon fiber and kevlar mesh. As a result, InvisiBeam is a reliable, tested foundation repair product used in residential and commercial applications.
If your basement wall is experiencing a deflection greater than 2 inches, our steel I-beams are the ideal solution to stop further basement wall movement. While more invasive than carbon fiber straps, Steel I-beams provide reliable foundation support when there is substantial foundation damage.
Bowing, Tilting, and Shearing Basement Walls
When there’s too much pressure on the outside of your basement walls, such as from soil and hydrostatic pressure, these kinds of foundation wall problems may occur:
- Bowing Walls: This problem is when the wall begins to bow inward, with horizontal cracks forming in the middle of the wall. Over time, the crack in that bowing wall will widen, and the deflection will continue to grow.
- Tilting/Leaning Walls: Tilting occurs most often with poured concrete walls, where external pressure is focused on the top of the wall, pushing the top of the wall inward.
- Shearing Walls: These commonly happen to cement (CMU) block walls. Cracks will form in the mortar lines as the blocks slide inwards over the bottom row of blocks.
Foundation problems only get worse with time, so it is critical to have these basement wall problems fixed as soon as possible. Regain stability and peace of mind with our foundation repair solutions in Chatham, NJ!
Getting Your Chatham, NJ Property Ready
It’s stressful trying to get your foundation repaired or your basement waterproofed. But that’s why Blue Umbrella is there for you from start to finish–we’ll support and guide you every step of the way!
Chatham Construction & Building Department
Phone: (973) 635-4600
Location: 58 Meyersville Road Chatham, NJ 07928
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Helpful Chatham, NJ Links
Chatham Construction & Building Department
Construction Permit Application
Companies That Can Help With Your Other Chatham Projects
If there is another project that you need help with outside of foundation repair, basement waterproofing, or crawl space encapsulation, here is a list of potential contractors that can help. While Blue Umbrella does not endorse any listed companies, we hope this list may assist you in your search.
Pipe Works Services, Inc.
33 River Rd Suite A, Chatham, NJ 07928
Jason Klein Electrical Contractor, LLC
23 Canterbury Rd Apt D, Chatham Township, NJ 07928
Driveway Paving Contractor
HighTech Paving and Masonry
235 Main St #129, Madison, NJ 07940
Cardinal Landscaping and Lawn Care
11 Lathrop Ave, Madison, NJ 07940
Your Chatham, NJ Foundation Safe & Sound, All Year Round
With the five-star foundation repair and waterproofing services of Blue Umbrella Waterproofing, you can ensure that your home continues to stand strong for many years. We use only the highest quality products and have decades of experience, providing the people of Chatham, NJ, with the permanent solutions they need.
Say goodbye to cracked foundations, wet basements, and moldy crawl spaces! Instead, call Blue Umbrella Waterproofing today to schedule a free inspection and to receive an estimate! And be sure to ask about our transferable warranty!
We Fix Basements, Crawl Spaces & Foundations
If you live in Chatham and need help with your basement or foundation, give us a call today.