Fords, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Fords' Best Basement & Foundation Repair Contractor
A wet basement, moldy crawl space, or damaged foundation brings stress, damage, and expenses. Blue Umbrella fixes all of that. Our trusted basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair services ensure that your home is always safe and protected.
- Free inspection & estimates
- A lifetime warranty
- Quality products
- Respect for your home
- Decades of experience
- An Umbrella Maintenance Plan
Call us today for a free inspection and estimate so we can start waterproofing your basement or crawl space or fixing your foundation. Then, one of our specialists will visit your home to answer all of your questions and lay out a detailed plan for how to protect your home permanently. We are Fords' trusted experts.
Need waterproofing or foundation repair?
We provide free inspections and estimates so you can find out.
Basement Waterproofing in Fords
Every home in Fords is built differently than the others. That means that the right basement waterproofing solution for your neighbor’s house may not be the right one for yours. This is why we create customized basement waterproofing solutions using interior, exterior waterproofing, or both. For new construction and exposed foundations, exterior basement waterproofing can be the right answer. Exterior waterproofing involves applying a sealant to the outside of your basement walls that prevents water from seeping through the foundation into your basement.
How Does Interior Basement Waterproofing Work?
But for existing homes in Fords, NJ, exterior waterproofing requires digging up driveways, sidewalks, and flower beds to get to the foundation. In those cases, we recommend interior basement waterproofing, which collects and removes any entering water before it becomes an issue. Interior basement waterproofing consists of the following steps.
- Weep holes are drilled through the base of the foundation wall along the perimeter of the basement.
- Basement water that enters through the weep holes is collected in a french drain installed below the floor along the basement perimeter.
- The French drain brings the water to a basement sump pump that pumps the water up and out of the basement.
- The water pumped out is expelled in an exterior discharge system that brings the water down to the street, away from your home.
- A basement dehumidifier is added to keep the humidity low enough to prevent mold from growing.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Waterproofing your basement does more for you than keep your basement dry. Other benefits include:
- Improved health and safety. Without moisture in your basement, mold can’t grow, so mold spores won’t spread through your house, causing allergies.
- Increased home value. A waterproof home is protected from water damage, which means that your home’s value is also protected.
- More usable space. With the water out of your basement, you have an entire new floor of storage space.
- Peace of mind. With a waterproof basement, rainstorms no longer mean a wet basement. You can sleep soundly.
Crawl Space Encapsulation & Repair
If your Fords home has a crawl space rather than a basement, Blue Umbrella provides complete crawl space waterproofing and crawl space encapsulation, keeping your crawl space free of moisture, mold, and rot.
- Mold growth
- Damage to your home’s foundation
- An increase of rodents and insects living in your crawl space
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
To keep your crawl space free from moisture, follow these steps.
- The area is dried: The crawl space is cleaned, removing debris and water.
- French Drain Installation: A trench is dug along the perimeter of the crawl space, and a French drain is installed to collect any entering water.
- Sump Pump Installation: The water from the French drain is channeled to a crawl space sump pump that pumps the water out of the space.
- Exterior Drainage: The water pumped from the sump pump is transported down an exterior discharge line, where it is expelled in the street or in the yard safely away from your home.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: You can remove water from the basement, but you still need to keep out all moisture, which is where crawl space encapsulation comes in. The crawl space vents and doors are sealed, and a thick vinyl barrier is laid on the floor and wall. No water or moisture can enter when the crawl space is completely encapsulated.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A crawl space dehumidifier maintains a low humidity level, preventing mold or rot from developing.
With your crawl space completely waterproofed and encapsulated it is safe from water and moisture. You can even use it for safe storage space. Blue Umbrella is Fords’ trusted crawl space waterproofing and encapsulation company.
Fords, NJ Foundation Repair
Blue Umbrella offers basement waterproofing, crawl space waterproofing, and foundation repair in Fords, NJ. We install permanent solutions for foundation problems. If you think you may be dealing with a foundation issue, the type of crack you see in your foundation walls is a telltale sign.
Vertical: Vertical wall cracks naturally occur as concrete ages. The good news is that they don’t indicate a foundation problem, but they can still let water seep into the basement, so Blue Umbrella seals them shut.
Horizontal: Horizontal wall cracks are a different story. The soil surrounding your foundation can press up against the basement walls. The basement walls will bow inwards with enough pressure, causing horizontal wall cracks. If not fixed, the basement walls can eventually collapse.
Stair Step: Stair-step cracks also indicate an issue. If the soil beneath your foundation settles unevenly, so will your foundation. This puts stress on your basement walls, causing stair-step cracks to form. Like horizontal wall cracks, the underlying stair-step cracks require professional foundation repair.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
Blue Umbrella is your trusted Fords foundation repair contractor if you face foundation issues. We offer minimally-invasive, permanent repair solutions to repair and protect bowing and damaged basement walls.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Carbon fiber strips can protect your basement if your basement walls are bowing inward but less than two inches. Carbon fiber is stronger than steel. The carbon fiber strips are installed flush against the offending wall, every four feet, secured to the floor and the top of the wall. Carbon fiber strip installation is minimally invasive and completely effective. The strips can even be painted over or covered up.
Steel I-Beam Installation
When your basement walls have bowed inward more than two inches, then the better option is steel I-beams. The I-beams, like the carbon fiber strips, are installed every four feet along the walls. The I-beams provide the needed support to the basement walls preventing them from bowing inward any farther.
Prep for Your Fords Project
A foundation repair or basement waterproofing project in Fords, NJ can involve a lot of steps, but Blue Umbrella will be with you throughout the whole thing. Here are some helpful links as you get started on the journey. Fords, NJ is part of Woodbridge, NJ
Woodbridge, NJ Building Department
1 Main Street
Woodbridge, NJ 07095
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
Blue Umbrella is your trusted expert in Fords, NJ, for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Waiting to deal with a problem only allows it to grow worse. So don’t wait. Call Blue Umbrella today for a free home inspection and estimate. (908) 628-1982
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.