Hillsborough, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Hillsborough's Best Basement & Foundation Repair Contractor
Are you dealing with basement water, crawl space damage, or bowing basement walls in Hillsborough, NJ? If so, you have arrived at the right place. Blue Umbrella offers trusted, warrantied basement waterproofing, crawl space waterproofing & encapsulation, and foundation repair.
- Free inspection & estimates
- A lifetime warranty
- Quality products
- Respect for your home
- Decades of experience
- An Umbrella Maintenance Plan
We can start fixing your Hillsborough basement or crawl space issue today. Call us to schedule a free inspection and estimate. One of our basement specialists will arrive at your home for a full inspection. They will answer all your questions and lay out a plan to permanently protect your home.
Need waterproofing or foundation repair?
We provide free inspections and estimates so you can find out.
Basement Waterproofing in Hillsborough
Every home in Hillsborough is a little different from the others, which means that the basement waterproofing plan for your home will need to be customized. Your waterproofing plan will be different than a plan for your neighbor’s basement. Depending on the basement water issue you face, we may use interior waterproofing, exterior waterproofing, or both.
Exterior basement waterproofing involves excavating your home’s foundation to place a waterproof sealant on the outside of your basement walls. While effective, exterior waterproofing can be disruptive and expensive.
How Does Interior Basement Waterproofing Work?
Most of the time, we opt for interior basement waterproofing, which provides the same level of protection but doesn’t require we dig up sidewalks, flowerbeds, and driveways to waterproof your foundation. Interior basement waterproofing consists of several steps.
- First, weep holes are drilled in the bottom of your basement wall along the basement perimeter.
- The weep holes control entering water, directing the water into a french drain installed below the basement floor along the basement perimeter.
- The French drain channels the collected water to a basement sump pump, which pumps the water up a discharge pipe and out of the basement. With challenging basement water issues, we use Blue Angel sump pumps.
- The discharge pipe carries the water safely away from your home and down to the street as part of an exterior drainage system.
- The system is completed with the addition of a basement dehumidifier that keeps the basement humidity at a safe level.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Obviously, keeping water out of the basement of your Hillsborough home is the main benefit of basement waterproofing, but there are additional benefits to consider:
- Improved health and safety. A dry basement prevents mold growth, and without mold, there are no mold spores in your home, which can irritate and even cause allergies!
- Increased home value. A home protected from water damage is a more valuable home. Basement waterproofing protects the investment you have made in your home.
- More usable space. With your basement no longer at risk of water, you can use the space as a private office, entertainment den, or storage space.
- Peace of mind. During rainstorms, when your neighbors are running down to check their basements, you can rest safe and sound, knowing that you have protected your home.
Crawl Space Encapsulation & Repair
Your Hillsborough home may not have a basement but instead a crawl space. However, like a basement, your crawl space can suffer from water damage, mold, and rot. We prevent this from happening with crawl space waterproofing and encapsulation services. Crawl space waterproofing protects you from:
- Mold growth
- Damage to your home’s foundation
- An increase of rodents and insects living in your crawl space
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
To effectively protect your crawl space, we follow these waterproofing steps.
- The area is dried: Before work begins, your crawl space is cleaned, and any pooled water is dried.
- French Drain Installation: A French drain is installed along the perimeter of the basement, collecting water, which is channeled to a sump pump.
- Sump Pump Installation: We install a crawl space sump pump in the corner of your crawl space, and if the floor is dirt, we grade the floor down to the crawl space.
- Exterior Drainage: A discharge pipe is attached to the sump pump, so any collected water is safely removed from your home.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: Any crawl space vents are sealed, and a sealable crawl space door is installed. Then a thick vinyl liner is placed on the floor and walls of the crawl space, encapsulating the crawl space, and sealing it off from any humid, wet outside air.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: We add a dehumidifier, which maintains the humidity in the crawl space low enough to prevent mold and rot.
Once your crawl space is entirely waterproof and encapsulated, you can count on it remaining clean and safe from water. You can even use it as a safe storage space if you like. You can trust Blue Umbrella, Hillsborough’s top crawl space waterproofing experts.
Foundation Repair in Hillsborough, NJ
Not only is Blue Umbrella Hillsborough, NJ’s top basement and crawl space waterproofing expert, but we are also the area’s trusted foundation repair company. We offer permanent solutions to bowing and buckling basement walls, basement wall cracks, and basement floor cracks. If you are uncertain if you are facing a foundation problem in your home, the type of cracks you see in your basement walls is your first clue.
Vertical: Vertical wall cracks generally don’t indicate a foundation problem. As concrete ages, it naturally shrinks, producing vertical cracks in your basement walls. Though these cracks don’t weaken your foundation, they can let water seep into the basement, so sealing these cracks as part of basement waterproofing is recommended.
Horizontal: Unlike vertical wall cracks, horizontal wall cracks indicate weakness in your foundation. The soil outside your foundation presses in against your basement walls. Given enough pressure, your basement walls will begin to bow inwards, resulting in horizontal wall cracks. If left untreated, your walls will continue to bow inwards until they collapse!
Stair Step: Stair-step cracks are also a problem. If the soil underneath your foundation sinks or shifts unevenly, this can cause your foundation to settle unevenly. This stresses the foundation walls until you see the tell-tale stair-step cracks. The stress on the walls will cause them to continue to weaken unless strengthened by a foundation repair solution.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
The good news is that Blue Umbrella offers tested and proven foundation repair solutions in Hillsborough, NJ. Our minimally invasive but completely effective foundation repair methods are what you need to protect your basement walls.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
If your basement walls have bowed less than two inches inwards, carbon fiber strips are the right solution. Carbon fiber is stronger than steel. The carbon fiber strips are installed flush against your basement walls every four feet along the wall. The strips are secured to the floor and top of the wall and strengthen the wall, preventing it from bowing any farther inward. Installation is fast and minimally invasive, and the carbon fiber strips can even be covered up or painted over. But, most notably, the carbon fiber strips solve your bowing basement wall problem.
Steel I-Beam Installation
If your basement wall has unfortunately bowed inward over two inches, steel I-beams are the right option. The steel I-beams are installed every four feet along the basement wall and secured to the floor and top of the wall. The I-beams provide the needed support to your basement walls.
Prep for Your Hillsborough Project
A foundation repair or basement waterproofing project in Hillsborough, NJ can involve a lot of steps, but Blue Umbrella will be with you throughout the whole thing. Here are some helpful links as you get started on the journey.
Hillsborough, NJ Construction Department
379 South Branch Road
Hillsborough, NJ 08844
John Fiedler (Construction Official)
M-F 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Permit Pickup M-F 8am-3:30pm
Helpful Hillborough, NJ Links
Hillsborough, NJ Construction Department
Track Your Permit
New Jersey Construction Code
New Jersey Construction Permit Application
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
Blue Umbrella is Hillsborough’s expert for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. If you have a problem, we are the solution. So give us a call today to schedule a free inspection and estimate (908) 628-1982
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.
Get My FREE Estimate
Schedule a free inspection today!
OUR PAST PROJECTS
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tips, tools & news!
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing Proudly Serves These Areas
For more information about basement waterproofing services or to find out if Blue Umbrella serves your area, see our complete service area.