Rahway, NJ Top Basement Waterproofing Company
Serving Homeowners & Businesses
Wet basements, crawl spaces, or damaged basement foundations can be a financial and emotional drain. But you don’t need to worry. Blue Umbrella Waterproofing is here to help. We have been serving homeowners and businesses in Greater Rahway for years with warranted, reliable basement waterproofing, foundation repair, and crawl space repair.
Why Choose Blue Umbrella Waterproofing
- Free estimate
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
We work to ensure you are completely satisfied with the waterproofing or foundation repair system in your home. We stand behind all of our work, offering lifetime warranties. Sleep soundly knowing that your home is protected. Reach out to us today to schedule a free home inspection.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
No two houses are exactly the same, which means that our basement waterproofing experts will create a customized waterproofing solution for your Rahway home. This may involve interior french drain systems or exterior basement waterproofing. Your Rahway basement waterproofing system may include:
- Drilling of weep holes to reduce hydrostatic pressure.
- French drains to collect and direct water to the sump pump.
- A Sump pump with battery backup with Zoller sump pumps to transport water up and out of your home.
- Exterior landscape drain installation to direct pumped water away from your foundation.
- Basement dehumidifier addition to control interior moisture, preventing mold growth and improving air quality.
Before any basement waterproofing work begins in your Rahway home, we will have one of our basement waterproofing professionals inspect your home, taking into account your home’s age, foundation type, and water issues.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Installing a basement waterproofing system offers a host of secondary benefits.
- Improve basement air quality as basement moisture control helps prevent mold growth which can lead to respiratory infections and allergy symptoms.
- Protection of your home’s value. Preventing water and mold damage means that you protect your investment in your home.
- A floor of usable space. A waterproof basement means a new office, den, or safe storage space.
Crawl Space Encapsulation & Repair
If instead of a basement your Rahway home has a crawl space, Blue Umbrella can still help. Perhaps more so than a basement, a crawl space can be the breeding ground for bugs, mold, and moisture damage. Without proper crawl space encapsulation common issues you may run into:
- Mold growth
- Foundation structural damage
- Insects and rodents nesting in the crawl space
How the Crawl Space Encapsulation Process Works
Moisture and air from outside make their way into your crawlspace and subsequently into your Rahway home, so crawl space encapsulation involves separating your crawl space from the outside air and moisture.
- Drying the crawl space: First, any water and moisture is removed from the crawl space.
- Sump Pump Installation: A crawl space compatible sump pump is added to the space. The sump pump collects any entering water and pumps it out of the crawl space and away from your home’s foundation.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: The crawl space is cleaned out, any water is removed and a durable, protective liner is placed along with the floors and walls of the crawl space. The vents are covered to prevent outside air from entering. The completely encapsulated crawl space keeps out moisture, smells, bugs, and critters.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: To complete the system, a crawl space dehumidifier is installed. The dehumidifier prevents stagnant warm air from filling the space, which prevents mold growth and rot.
If you have questions about any of the steps of crawl space encapsulation (crawl space repair), you can speak to a Blue Umbrella specialist. They will be happy to discuss how our reliable system can help protect your crawl space for years to come.
Basement Foundation Repair
While we are in your Rahway basement, Blue Umbrella can fix your foundation issues. We fix wall cracks, bowing walls, sloping floors, and more by fixing the underlying problems in your home’s foundation. If you think you may have a foundation issue, the type of cracks you see in your wall can offer a clue as to the problem.
Vertical: Vertical cracks usually do not mean that you have a structural issue. It is normal for concrete to shrink as it ages, creating vertical wall cracks. However, the cracks can allow for water to seep into the basement. If that is the case our crack sealing solutions can keep the water out.
Horizontal: You will most likely see horizontal cracks on basement walls that are bowing in. Over time the soil surrounding the basement can press in on the walls causing them to bow inwards. This is a clear foundation issue that needs to be corrected.
Stair Step: The soil sitting below the basement floor of your Rahway home can settle unevenly which puts stress on the basement floor and walls. The stress will result in stair-step patterns of cracks along your basement walls. Like horizontal cracks, stair-step cracks are a strong sign that you need foundation repair.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
The foundation repair solutions we offer are minimally invasive but completely effective.
Steel I-Beam Installation
Steel I-beams are installed along the inside of the basement walls. The I-beams reinforce the walls and prevent them from collapsing inward.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Stronger than steel, carbon fiber is the perfect material for foundation repair. We install carbon fiber strips all along the inside of your basement, flush against the walls. The strips can be covered or painted over making them unobtrusive. but, more importantly, the carbon fiber strips strengthen your basement walls, offering a long-term solution.
Prep for Your Rahway Project
A foundation repair or basement waterproofing project in Rahway, NJ can involve a lot of steps, but Blue Umbrella will be with you throughout the whole thing. Here are some helpful links as you get started on the journey.
Rahway Division of Building
1 City Hall Plaza
Rahway, NJ 07065
Monday through Friday
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Helpful Rahway, NJ Links
Rahway, NJ Division of Building
Rahway, NJ Building Permits
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
So if you live in Rahway, NJ, and need basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, or foundation repair give Blue Umbrella a call: 908.432.8848. Before any work is done you will get a free inspection from one of our basement specialists.
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.
Get My FREE Estimate
Schedule a free inspection today!
OUR PAST PROJECTS
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tips, tools & news!
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing Proudly Serves These Areas
For more information about basement waterproofing services or to find out if Blue Umbrella serves your area, see our complete service area.