Union, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Your Go-To Experts
The basement experts at Blue Umbrella Waterproofing have decades of experience serving homeowners and businesses in Greater Union, NJ. You can expect quality, warrantied basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, and basement foundation repair services.
When you choose us as your Union waterproofing company, you can count on:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
Rest assured that your home in Union, NJ, will be in good hands. We arrive on time, stay within budget, and perform only the highest quality work with proven products and materials. Reach out to us today.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Your Union home is different from your neighbors, and your basement waterproofing needs will also differ from your neighbor’s. That is why we use customized basement waterproofing solutions for each home we enter, rather than relying on one generic system. For new home construction, exterior basement waterproofing is an effective method, but with existing homes, exterior waterproofing requires digging up driveways, sidewalks, and flowerbeds and can be overly expensive. So instead, we use interior basement waterproofing for existing homes and buildings. Interior basement waterproofing includes:
- Initial weep holes are drilled along the basement perimeter at the base of the basement walls to control entering water.
- The entering water is captured by a french drain which collects and transports the entering water to a sump pump.
- The basement sump pump pumps the water out of the basement.
- The removed water travels down an exterior drainage system, bringing the water safely away from your home and down to the street.
- A battery backup sump pump is added to ensure your home is protected, even during a power outage.
- Lastly, a basement dehumidifier is installed to keep the basement humidity low enough to prevent mold growth and rot.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Basement waterproofing keeps your home safe and dry but also brings these additional benefits:
- Improved health and safety. A wet, humid basement can grow mold, resulting in allergic symptoms and upper respiratory infections caused by released mold spores.
- Increased home value. If your home has water damage, it will lower your home value and make it more challenging to sell it in the future.
- More usable space. With a waterproofed, dry basement, you can now use the space for a theater, a living space, a private office, or whatever else you would like.
- Peace of mind. The pitter-patter of rain on the will no longer fill you with anxiety. No more basement flooding.
Basement Waterproofing Testimonial from a Union, NJ Homeowner
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing installed an interior basement waterproofing system in the home of Jay, a homeowner in Union, NJ. Jay had water seeping into the basement from the middle of the floor. To fix the issue we installed a lateral drain through the middle of the basement and a french drain along the perimeter of the basement that is pitched to drain the water to a sump pump. The sump pump is supported with a battery backup helping ensure the basement is kept dry even during power outages. A grate drain was also added to the bottom of the stairs to capture any water doing through the Bilco doors.
Here is what Jay had to say, "Steve and his team did a good job. I appreciate them and I also recommend them for other houses. Please us [Blue] Umbrella for your home".
Union, NJ Interior Basement Waterproofing Installation
We completed the installation of an interior basement waterproofing. The waterproofing system was added to a Union, NJ home and included a full interior basement waterproofing system and two heavy-duty sump pumps installed in sump pits. The basement is now protected and dry.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
Suppose your home in Union, NJ home has a crawl space instead of a basement; not a problem. Blue Umbrella repairs, encapsulates, and waterproofs crawl spaces, keeping them free of water, mold, rodents, and insects.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Waterproofing (encapsulating) your Union, NJ crawl space follows many of the same steps as basement waterproofing.
- The area is dried: First, any pooled water is removed from the crawl space, and the area is cleaned and dried.
- Sump Pump Installation: A sump pump is installed to collect any entering water and safely remove it from the space.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: A durable, protective liner is laid on the floors and crawl space walls, sealing out any moisture and bugs from entering.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A crawl space dehumidifier is added to finish the system. The humidity in the space is controlled, preventing mold and rot.
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing takes care of the entire process, providing reliable crawl space repair and encapsulation to protect the crawl space and your Union home for years to come.
Union, NJ Foundation Repair
Beyond waterproofing, Blue Umbrella also provides basement foundation repair. If you see cracks in your basement walls, this may indicate an underlying foundation problem.
Vertical: Concrete naturally shrinks over time resulting in vertical wall cracks. These cracks generally do not mean a foundation issue, but water can seep into the basement through these cracks. Our basement experts can repair and seal these cracks to prevent water seepage.
Horizontal: Horizontal cracks are an indication of foundation problems. Horizontal wall cracks are caused by shallow soil pressing up on the basement walls causing them to bow inwards. Bowing walls need to be fixed, and the longer they are left alone, the more significant the problem becomes.
Stair Step: Stair step cracks also are a strong indicator of foundation issues in your Union home. If the soil beneath your foundation settles unevenly, it causes the foundation to settle unevenly and puts stress on the basement walls. If you see stair-step cracks, you likely need foundation repair services.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
Blue Umbrella offers homeowners and businesses minimally invasive but reliable and long-lasting foundation repair services. Contact us for permanent foundation repair.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
If your basement wall has bowed inward less than two inches, carbon fiber strips are an ideal solution. Carbon fiber is stronger than steel, and the carbon fiber strips are epoxied flush against the offending wall every four feet. The strips strengthen the walls and prevent any further weakening from occurring. The process is fast, minimally invasive, and, most importantly, helps protect your foundation over the long term. Carbon fiber strips can be covered up or painted over as an additional benefit.
Steel I-Beam Installation
If the basement walls in your Union home are bowing inwards over two inches, the safe option is to install steel I-beams which are placed flush against the basement walls and fastened at the top and bottom. The I-beams strengthen the basement wall and stop it from bowing any further inward.
Prep for Your Union, NJ Project
A foundation repair or basement waterproofing project in Union, NJ can involve a lot of steps, but Blue Umbrella will be with you throughout the whole thing. Here are some helpful links as you get started on the journey.
Township Code Enforcement Department
Phone: (908) 851-8509
Location: Town Hall, 1976 Morris Ave. Union, NJ 07083
Office Hours: 8:30 - 4:30pm
Helpful Union, NJ Links
Union, NJ Building Department
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing is your local trusted expert if your Union home needs basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, or basement foundation repair. Get started today by scheduling a free home inspection.
Schedule a free inspection at your Union home or business by calling 908.432.8858 or contact us online today.
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.
Get My FREE Estimate
Schedule a free inspection today!
OUR PAST PROJECTS
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tips, tools & news!
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing Proudly Serves These Areas
For more information about basement waterproofing services or to find out if Blue Umbrella serves your area, see our complete service area.