Montclair, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Your Basement & Foundation Pros
Blue Umbrella is your waterproofing and foundation company if you are looking for trusted and reliable basement experts. Being the trusted service of homeowners and businesses for decades, you can trust that we will only do the highest quality work in your home. Blue Umbrella Waterproofing serves the Greater Montclair, NJ area with lifetime warranties for basement waterproofing, crawlspace encapsulation, and foundation repair services.
- Free inspection & estimates
- A lifetime warranty
- Quality products
- Respect for your home
- Decades of experience
- An Umbrella Maintenance Plan
Trust your local Montclair NJ basement and foundation experts with your home, knowing we are experienced and honest and offer only the highest quality work. With flexible openings to work around your schedule, your Montclair basement experts are here whenever you are in need.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Each Montclair home brings a unique Blue Umbrella solution. We create customized basement waterproofing solutions for each home, ensuring the foundation, history, and present needs of the house are considered. We offer exterior basement waterproofing for new homes and interior basement waterproofing for existing homes and buildings.
How Does Interior Basement Waterproofing Work?
- 1.5” weep holes are drilled in along the base of your basement walls to release any pressure from entering water.
- A french drain is put in to collect, transporting said water to a basement sump pump.
- The basement sump pump removes any water from the basement through a drain. With challenging basement water issues, we use Blue Angel sump pumps.
- Water is released at a safe distance from your house to the street with an exterior drainage system.
- To ensure the functionality of this system even during power outages, a battery backup sump pump is installed in your home.
- Final precautions are taken with a basement dehumidifier installation to maintain low humidity levels and prevent mold and rot growth in your home.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Basement waterproofing provides an array of additional benefits, along with keeping your home stable and dry.
- Health and Safety for your family and visitors. Preventing a wet and humid basement prevents allergic symptoms and upper respiratory infections caused by released mold spores.
- Increased Home Value. Preventing water damage now prevents any loss of home value in the future.
- More Usable Space. A dry basement is an inviting basement, allowing you to add an office, den, or bedroom.
- Peace of Mind. Whether it is any regular night in Montclair or you are out of town, feel relaxed knowing that your basement is secure from flooding.
Crawl Space Encapsulation & Repair
If your Montclair, NJ house has a crawlspace instead of a basement, Blue Umbrella is there to help. Blue Umbrella offers repairs, encapsulation, and waterproofing to secure your home from water damage, mold growth, and infestations of rodents and insects.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Montclair, NJ can see its share of rain, and Blue Umbrella has crafted unique plans to waterproof, or encapsulate your crawlspace. Transparency, efficiency, and reliability are valued at Blue Umbrella. Shared below are the steps taken to secure your crawlspace.
- Drying and Cleaning. The crawlspace is dried of any water and cleaned to ensure an optimal start.
- Sump Pump Installation. A sump pump is then installed to collect and remove any potential water from the crawlspace safely.
- Crawlspace Encapsulation. For added protection, a protective liner is placed over the walls and floors to seal out any moisture and bugs from entering.
- Added Crawlspace Dehumidifier. To guarantee the space, a dehumidifier is placed to prevent mold and rot growth.
With a lifetime warranty, Blue Umbrella ensures efficient and reliable repairs and encapsulations to provide safe and healthy homes for each resident in Montclair, NJ.
Basement Foundation Repair
Blue Umbrella offers many services to Montclair residents, including basement foundation repairs. Cracks in basement walls or floors often indicate a more significant problem. Blue Umbrella is here to help diagnose and repair any issues you may have.
Vertical: Vertical cracks in your walls often occur because of the natural shrinkage of concrete with time. The good news is that these cracks do not usually mean foundational issues; however, they can allow water to seep into your basement. Blue Umbrella’s experts can repair them and prevent further damage.
Horizontal: Caused by shallow soil pressure, basement walls can begin to bow inwards. This results in horizontal cracks and often indicates more significant foundational issues. Addressing these issues with our Montclair foundation experts as soon as you notice them can prevent substantial damage to the structural integrity of your home.
Stair-Step: Stair step cracks indicate issues caused by uneven soil settling beneath your foundation. This uneven settling results in your entire house’s foundation being uneven. If you see stair-step cracks, bring in Blue Umbrella professionals to diagnose and repair the issues.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
Blue Umbrella is for homeowners and businesses in the Montclair, NJ area. Blue Umbrella is here for you if you want transparency and reliability in permanent foundational repairs with minimal intrusion.
Steel I-Beam Installation
Steel beams are the best option with more intense damage to your basement walls, where they bow more than two inches inwards. Steel I-beams are placed against your walls with fastenings at the top and bottom to prevent your wall from bowing inward.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
If your basement walls have bowed in less than two inches, there is an easy and long-lasting solution. More robust than steel, carbon fiber strips can be placed every four feet against the damaged wall to prevent further foundation weakening. Installation is a quick and straightforward process.
Prep for Your Montclair Project
A foundation repair or basement waterproofing project in Montclair, NJ can involve a lot of steps, but Blue Umbrella will be with you throughout the whole thing. Here are some helpful links as you get started on the journey.
Montclair Building Office
Montclair Building Department
Montclair Municipal Building – 2nd Floor
205 Claremont Avenue
Montclair, NJ 07042
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
Blue Umbrella is looking out for you whether it is basement waterproofing, crawlspace, or basement foundation repair. With decades of expertise, transparency, and reliability found with previous customers, you can trust that you will be in good hands.
Understanding Is the First Step
We will provide a full inspection and explain in detail the different options that best fit your needs.