Cranford, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Your Dedicated, Local Experts
If you are a homeowner or business dealing with a wet basement, crawl space or damaged basemen foundation, we are here to help. For years, we have been serving Greater Cranford with expert, warranted, basement waterproofing, crawl space repair and basement foundation repair.
When you choose us as your Cranford waterproofing company, you can count on:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
You need to be able to trust the contractors working on your Cranford home, and you can trust in Blue Umbrella Waterproofing. We stand behind all the work we do and provide you with lifetime warranties on any of the waterproofed areas. You can rest peacefully knowing that your home is safe and protected. Contact us today for a free inspection.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
We approach every home in Cranford with fresh eyes and the understanding that no two homes are alike, which means that the solution for your neighbor’s home may not be the right fit for your own home. Your basement waterproofing solution may include interior or exterior basement waterproofing. Your Cranford waterproofing project may include:
- French drain installation to redirect water away from your home's foundation.
- Sump pump or battery backup system to collect groundwater before it can flood your home.
- Minimally invasive basement foundation repair solutions to strengthen basement walls and floors.
- Weep hole installation to reduce hydrostatic pressure and remove moisture from inside walls.
- Crawl space repair, including water removal and encapsulation (waterproofing).
- Exterior landscape drains that move water away from your home's foundation and basement.
- Dehumidifier installation that minimizes moisture and improves indoor air quality.
Before any work begins on your project a thorough inspection of your Cranford home takes place and a custom plan is developed that takes into account your home’s age, property grading, foundation depth and more.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Along with keeping your basement dry, basement waterproofing also provides additional benefits.
- Improved health and safety. If your basement is wet and damp it is unfortunately ideal for mold growth which can result in respiratory infections and allergy symptoms.
- Increased home value. If you plan on selling your home in the future, having a wet or damaged basement will lower your home’s value. Having an installed basement waterproofing system may also increase your home’s resale value.
- More usable space.Having a waterproofed basement means more usable space. You can use for an in-home theater, a new office or bedroom.
- Peace of mind. Know that your basement is safe, dry and protected even during heavy rains.
French Drain Installation in Cranford, NJ Home
We installed an interior french drain system in a Cranford, NJ home to prevent water from entering the basement. The french drain collects any entering water and drains it to an installed sump pump which removes the water from the basement and away from the home through an exterior drain. If you need french drain installation to fix basement water problems give us a call: 908-432-8858.
Basement Waterproofing Before Basement Finishing in Cranford NJ
A homeowner in Cranford, NJ was preparing to finish their basement but quickly ran into a problem. Water was seeping through the basement walls and making its way into the space causing mold growth and water damage. If the homeowner wanted to have a finished basement that would last, they first needed to have the basement properly waterproofed, so they gave Blue Umbrella a call.
To fix the problem and prevent any future water from entering the home, Blue Umbrella installed a full interior basement waterproofing system. First, weep holes were drilled in base of the basement walls. The weep holes directed water into a newly installed French drain that channeled the water to a sump basin equipped with a high-capacity sump pump. From there, any water was pumped out of the basement and drained safely away from the home. A battery backup sump pump was added so in case the power ever goes out the waterproofing system will still fully function.
With the new basement waterproofing system in place and some quick help from a mold remediation company to remove any of the existing mold in the space, the homeowner was ready to build out the finished basement they had so patiently been waiting for.
Basement Waterproofing Weep Hole Drilling in Cranford NJ
Watch the weep hole drilling process on a basement waterproofing job we did in this Cranford, NJ home. When the foundation is made of concrete masonry units (otherwise known as CMU blocks, cinder blocks, or concrete blocks), you will want to include weep holes as part of your interior basement waterproofing system. The complete basement waterproofing system keeps your basement safe and dry.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
Your may have a crawl space, and it is likely that you haven’t been down there in a while. What you may not realize is that crawl spaces are the perfect breeding ground for mold, bugs, and moisture damage. Common crawlspace issues include:
- Mold growth leading to common respiratory infections and allergy symptoms.
- Mold growth leading to common respiratory infections and allergy symptoms.
- Bugs, insects and rodents in the space.
Proper crawl space repair and encapsulation can prevent these issues from developing.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Your home and crawl space cannot be disconnected but you can separate your crawl space from the outdoors.
- The area is dried:Any pooled water is removed from the area and the crawl space is completely dry.
- Sump Pump Installation:A sump pump is added to your crawl space so any future water in the space is quickly collected, and pumped out and away from your home. A battery back-up system is also installed to ensure you have a functioning system even during a power outage.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation:A durable, protective liner is laid own on the crawl space floors and walls. Vent covers are also installed to seal off the area from moisture, bugs, and bad smells from outside.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier:A dehumidifier, made for crawl spaces is placed in the space to control humidity and prevent any mold growth or warm, humid air.
Though the process may seem complicated, Blue Umbrella Waterproofing is with you every step of the way. We only use and install reliable systems that you can count on for years.
Basement Foundation Repair
Along with basement waterproofing, we can help you with basement foundation repair. Basement foundation issues can be caused by various underlying issues, some of which can be identified by the cracks in the basement walls.
Vertical: Vertical cracks are generally not an indicator of a structural issue. As concrete ages it naturally shrinks. While not a structural issue, these cracks can allow water to leak into the basement. We provide basement crack repair and sealing solution to prevent this from happening.
Horizontal:Horizontal cracks are often seen on bowing basement walls, which are caused by external soil pressing basement walls inward. Our team can help protect your basement and strengthen bowing basement walls.
Stair Step:If the soil underneath your basement floor settles unevenly it will cause your home’s foundation to do the same, placing stress on the basement walls. Stair step cracks are a result of stress on the walls. If you have Stair Step cracks in your Cranford home the foundation should be examined by a trained professional.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
We offer minimally invasive foundation solutions to strengthen your home’s foundation.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Carbon fiber is stronger than steel, which is why it is used in basement foundation repair. Carbon fiber strips are installed nearly flush along the walls. The strips can be painted over, but more importantly they strengthen your basement wall, protecting long-term support.
Preparing for Your Cranford Project
Part of a foundation or waterproofing project in your home is making sure the right paperwork and permits are filed with the Cranford building department. Listed below is helpful information to get you started, and no need to worry, Blue Umbrella is with you in every step of the process.
Cranford Township Building Department
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (908) 276-4872
Address: 8 Springfield Avenue, Cranford, NJ 07016, United States
Building and Electric:
Monday - Friday: 9:00am to 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 9:00am to 1:00pm
Late Afternoon Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 3:00pm to 6:00pm
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
If you need basement waterproofing, crawl space repair or basement foundation repair in Cranford, NJ, we are ready to help. You can expect quality service, with warranted, top-notch products. Schedule a free inspection at your Cranford home or business by calling 908.443.9649 or contact us online today.
Schedule a free inspection at your Cranford home or business by calling 908.432.8858 or contact us online today.
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.