Kenilworth, NJ Top Basement Waterproofing Company
Serving Homeowners & Businesses
It can be frustrating dealing with water in your basement, mold in your crawl space, or damage to your Kenilworth home’s foundation. But the good news is that you have found Blue Umbrella. We provide you with reliable, warranted basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair services. We will fix the problem, and end the frustration.
When you work with Blue Umbrella Waterproofing, you receive: means that you receive:
- Free estimate
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
We stand behind all of the work we do in your home. With our work, you receive a lifetime, worry-free warranty. You can give us a call today, and one of our basement and foundation experts will schedule an appointment for a free inspection and estimate. Get started today and end your basement woes. Call your Kenilworth, NJ basement waterproofing experts.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
No home in Kenilworth that we walk into is exactly like the previous home. Each of them is unique and requires a customized waterproofing or foundation repair solution. Your home is the same. When our specialists visit, they will first thoroughly inspect the entire property, and then sit down with you to explain the customized plan and answer any of your questions. Your basement waterproofing system may include:
- Weep holes drilled along the perimeter of the basement wall to reduce hydrostatic pressure and control entering water.
- A french drain is installed under the floor along the basement wall perimeter to collect any entering water.
- A sump pump to collect any of the water from the French drains and pump it up and out of the basement. We use Zoeller sump pumps.
- Exterior landscape drains transport any of the water pumped out from the sump pump away from your home.
- Installation of a basement wall dehumidifier to control the basement air humidity.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Beyond keeping your Kenilworth basement dry, waterproofing offers additional benefits.
- Improved health and safety. Wet, humid basements lead to mold growth. Mold can lead to respiratory infections and irritating allergies.
- Higher home value. Keeping your basement protected, dry, and free of water damage protects your home’s value, and an installed basement waterproofing system may even improve your home’s value.
- Additional usable space. A waterproofed basement means a basement of dry, usable space. You can add a new office, den, or simply more storage space.
Peace of mind. No more worrying about what is happening in the basement when it is raining outside.
Crawl Space Encapsulation & Repair
Instead of a basement, your Kenilworth home may have a crawl space. If you are dealing with water, moisture, or smells coming from the crawl space you may need crawl space encapsulation.
Crawl space issues you may have:
- Mold growth. Mold spores can cause respiratory inspections.
- Structural Damage. Wet wood and rot weaken your home’s foundation
- Rodents and Insects. Wet basements are the perfect home for bugs, rats, raccoons, and other pests.
Crawl space encapsulation can keep all these problems from happening in your home.
The Crawl Space Encapsulation Process
Your home and your crawl space are connected to each other. If cold, wet air can get into your crawl space then it will make its way up and into your living space. So, we need to seal off your crawl space from the outside.
- Cleaning: The crawl space needs to first be cleaned out, any debris removed and any water drained out.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: Next, a thick, durable liner is laid out on the floor and walls of the crawl space. The vents are closed off and the entire area is encapsulated, separating the crawl space from the outside.
- Sump Pump Installation: Once the encapsulation is finished, a sump pump is installed in an area to collect any new water that makes its way in the space. The sump pump pumps water out of the crawl space.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: To control humidity and control mold growth, a crawl space dehumidifier is added.
From start to finish, our crawl space encapsulation and repair experts make sure that the job is done right and only use quality, durable crawl space products so your crawl space is protected for years to come.
Basement Foundation Repair
Not only can Blue Umbrella help you with water in the basement, but we can also help you with basement and foundation issues you may be dealing with in your Kenilworth home. You may see cracks forming in your basement walls. Some of these cracks are signs of foundation issues whereas others are nothing to be concerned about.
Vertical: Vertical wall cracks are the cracks you probably do not need to worry about. Over time, concrete ages and shrinks forming vertical wall cracks.
Horizontal: Horizontal cracks you do need to worry about. These cracks generally form when your basement walls begin to bow inwards under the pressure of the exterior soil.
Stair Step: Like horizontal cracks, stair-step cracks are also problematic. As the soil underneath the basement floor settles it may do so unevenly which puts stress on your basement floor and walls leading to stair-step cracks.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
Blue Umbrella can help you correct your foundation problems using minimally invasive, but completely effective basement foundation repair solutions.
Steel I-Beam Installation
Reinforcing steel I-beams are installed along the basement walls supporting the walls and preventing them from collapsing inward.
Carbon Fiber Replacement
Carbon fiber strips are installed along the inside of your basement walls with the strips placed flush against the concrete. Carbon fiber is stronger than steel and the strips support your walls and prevent any further weakening. The strips can also be painted over or covered up.
Preparing for Your Kenilworth Project
Part of a foundation or waterproofing project in your home is making sure the right paperwork and permits are filed with the Kenilworth Construction & Building Department. Listed below is helpful information to get you started, and no need to worry, Blue Umbrella is with you in every step of the process.
Kenilworth Construction Building Department
Phone: (908) 276-5802
Fax: (908) 276-7688
Address: 567 Boulevard, Kenilworth, NJ 07033
Office Hours: Thursday - 10 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Inspections: Monday & Friday - 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.; Tuesday - 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Office Hours: Tuesday & Thursday - 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Inspections: Tuesday & Thursday - 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Inspections: Tuesday & Thursday - 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Fire Subcode Official
Office Hours: Monday & Friday - 10:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Inspections: Tuesday & Thursday - 11:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m
Office Hours: Tuesday & Thursday (By Appointment Only)
Helpful Kenilworth Links
Kenilworth Construction / Building Department
Building Inspections & Office Hours
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
Wet basements, wall cracks, or moldy crawl space? Your next step is to have a Blue Umbrella specialist visit your Kenilworth home for a free inspection. We will review the problem, create a customized plan to fix it, and sit down and answer any questions that you may have. Do not wait to fix your basement issues. We are your local basement waterproofing contractor. Call us today at 908.442.8848.
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.
Get My FREE Estimate
Schedule a free inspection today!
OUR PAST PROJECTS
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tips, tools & news!
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing Proudly Serves These Areas
For more information about basement waterproofing services or to find out if Blue Umbrella serves your area, see our complete service area.