Linden, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Serving Homeowners & Businesses
For years, Blue Umbrella Waterproofing Staff has been serving businesses and homeowners in the greater Linden area, protecting their properties and homes. We stand behind our work, bringing you quality, warrantied basement waterproofing, crawl space repair and basement foundation repair. Never worry again about having to deal with damage caused by a flooded basement.
When you choose us as your Linden waterproofing company, you can count on:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
Rest be assured that your Linden home will be in good hands and you will receive lifetime warranties for all waterproofed areas. Reach out to us today to learn more and schedule a free inspection.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Linden homes come in diverse sizes and shapes. We take a customized approach to waterproofing each home. Blue Umbrella utilizes both interior and exterior basement waterproofing techniques to protect your homes from water infiltration. Waterproofing techniques may include:
- French drain installation to direct water to a sump pump which brings water out and away from your home.
- Sump pump to safely remove water from the basement and pump it out and away from your home.
- Battery back-up to ensure your sump pump remains functional during power outages.
- Weep hole installation to guide any water seeping into the basement into your newly installed french drain.
- A Dehumidifier to reduce humidity and improve air quality.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
In addition to keeping your basement dry, waterproofing your basement also provides additional benefits that include:
- Improved health and safety. Moldy basements from water penetration can lead to respiratory infections and allergic reactions. Controlling basement water and humidity will prevent mold growth.
- Increased home value. If you plan to sell your Linden home, realtors will inspect your home for water damage.
- More usable space.Waterproofing your home allows you to repurpose that space and turn it into a private office, a theater room, or living area.
- Peace of mind. Waterproofing your basement takes one more thing off your mind; you can now enjoy the sound of rain without worrying about basement flooding.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
Crawl spaces in your Linden home can fall victim to humidity. When warm, wet air gets trapped in the space below the crawl space, it can lead to severe problems:
- Mold - uncontrolled mold growth can spread to the rest of your home, creating larger problems such as upper respiratory infections and allergy symptoms.
- Water damage can destroy your home's foundation and structure.
- Create a breeding ground for bugs, insects and rodents.
Blue Umbrella is here to help you solve and prevent these problems, and also help increase your home's overall value with proper crawl space repair and encapsulation.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Crawl spaces are built within homes and are inseparable, but your crawl space can be shielded from from the outdoors.
- The area is dried: The first step before installation is to clean and dry the area.
- Sump Pump Installation: The sump pump collects and pumps out any future water to prevent it from entering your crawl space. A battery back-up sump pump is also installed to ensure the crawl space remains dry even during a power outage.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: Highly durable, protective liner is laid on floors and walls of the crawl space to prevent water leaks and indoor moisture; vent covers are installed, sealing off the area from outdoor moisture, bugs and bad smells.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A crawl space dehumidifier improves air quality and lowers the humidity level in the crawl space to prevent mold growth.
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing is equipped with the proper gear and equipment to waterproof your basement. High-quality, reliable products are used so you have a peace of mind that your Linden home will be properly protected for many years to come.
Basement Foundation Repair
Apart from waterproofing your basement, it is important that your Linden home basement remains structurally sound. Basement foundation problems arise from a number of issues. By inspecting the type of cracks that are present in the walls of your basement, you can get an idea if there is a structural issue at hand.
Vertical: When concrete shrinks, vertical cracks are formed. These types of cracks are not representative of structural issues, but they do allow water to seep into your basement. We take care of these cracks and provide sealing solutions.
Horizontal: Horizontal cracks are caused by external soil pressure that forces the walls to bow inward, weakening the foundation of your Plainfield home. Alarmingly, this can eventually lead your home to slowly collapse over time. Our experienced team can inspect your basement and recommend the right solution to prevent and strengthen your Plainfield home’s foundation.
Stair Step: Stair step cracks arise from direct structural problems and should be looked over by trained professionals. They indicate that a foundation is settling and that the soils underneath your foundation are uneven, causing your home to rest unevenly.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
Depending on the exact issue, we may recommend alternative solutions. For bowing basement walls, we often recommend carbon fiber reinforcement.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
In order to counteract the pressure damaging the walls of your foundation, fiber strips made of carbon are installed to counteract this force. Carbon fiber is much stronger than steel and consequently helps prevent further weakening of your Plainfield home’s foundation. The strips are placed nearly flush with the wall and can be painted over. Installation is fast, minimally invasive and provides a smart investment, protecting your foundation over the long run.
Preparing for Your Linden Project
Part of a foundation or waterproofing project in your home is making sure the right paperwork and permits are filed with the Linden construction department. Listed below is helpful information to get you started, and no need to worry, Blue Umbrella is with you in every step of the process.
Linden Construction Department
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (908) 474-8462
Address: 301 North Wood Avenue 3rd Floor, Room 204 Linden, NJ 07036
Mon - Fri: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat, Sun: Closed
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
If you need basement waterproofing, crawl space repair or basement foundation repair in Plainfield, NJ, Blue Umbrella Waterproofing is your local expert. We offer quality services, using top-quality products, providing industry-best guarantees.
Schedule a free inspection at your Linden home or business by calling 908.432.8858 or contact us online today.
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.