New Providence, NJ Trusted Basement Waterproofing Company
Serving Homeowners & Businesses
A wet basement, moldy crawl space, or damaged foundation can be a nightmare, but you do not have to deal with it yourself. We provide reliable, warrantied basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair throughout New Providence, NJ.
Choosing Blue Umbrella Waterproofing means that you receive:
- Free estimate
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
You need permanent solutions to your basement woes and you need a basement contractor you can trust. Your basement waterproofing system comes with a lifetime warranty, so you live worry-free knowing that your home or business is properly safeguarded. Reach out to your trusted basement waterproofing company today to receive a free inspection.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Since no two homes are exactly alike, each home requires a customized basement waterproofing solution. After a full inspection of your basement, our specialist will create a customized waterproofing plan that may include interior or exterior waterproofing, and your specialist will gladly answer any of the questions you have. Your New Providence basement waterproofing system may include:
- Weep hole drilling to control water entering the basement and reduce the hydrostatic pressure.
- A french drain to collect any water entering through the weep holes.
- A Zoeller sump pump to collect any of the water from the french drain and pump it up and out of the basement.
- Exterior landscape drains are added outside to move water from the sump pump away from your home.
- The addition of a basement dehumidifier reduces basement moisture and improves air quality.
- Carbon fiber strips along the basement wall to relieve bowing walls or wall cracks.
Your basement waterproofing plan will take into account your home’s age, the grading of the property, foundation depth, and more. We are ready to help you keep your basement clean and dry.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Besides keeping your basement floors dry, basement waterproofing offers a host of secondary benefits.
- Improved health and safety. Wet damp basements breed mold which can give you respiratory infections and irritate allergies.
- Higher home value. A wet or damaged basement lowers the value of your home, but a dry basement with a basement waterproofing system installed can potentially improve your home’s value.
- Additional usable space. A waterproofed basement means you have space for a new office, a bedroom, or even an in-home theater.
- Peace of mind. You don’t need to worry about home or property damage from a wet basement anymore.
Finished Interior Basement Waterproofing System in New Providence, NJ
A New Providence, NJ homeowner was having basement water and reached out to us. We were able to help with a full interior perimeter french drain system with a sump pump basin and sump pump. Their basement will stay clean, dry, mold-free, and safe. If you are dealing with similar issues, give us a call at 908-432-8858. We serve New Jersey homeowners and businesses.
Crawl Space Encapsulation & Repair
How the Crawl Space Encapsulation Process Works
Perhaps your New Providence home or business does not have a basement but instead has a crawl space. Well, we can help with that as well. Left unattended a crawl space can quickly become quite a mess. Common crawlspace issues that you may be dealing with include:
- Mold growth leads to respiratory infections for the homeowners
- Structural damage to your home’s wooded foundation
- Rodents, bugs, and insects fill-up the crawl space
Crawl space encapsulation (crawl space repair) keeps these issues from happening.
The Crawl Space Encapsulation Process
Since your home and your crawl space are permanently connected the best you can do is separate the crawl space from the outside through encapsulation.
- Cleaning: First your crawl space is cleaned out and the ground dried, removing any pooled water. The earth is graded to a slope to one corner of the crawl space.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: A protective liner is installed on the floors and walls of the crawl space. Any vents are sealed. The area is sealed off from the outside.
- Sump Pump Installation: With the crawl space cleaned and dried a new sump pump is installed in the corner of the crawl space along with a battery backup system. Any water in the crawl space is collected in the sump pump and pumped out of the crawl space.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A dehumidifier, designed for a crawl space is installed. It controls the humidity in the space, preventing the growth of mold.
From beginning to end of the process, Blue Umbrella is here to help, answering all of your questions and making sure that everything is done right so your crawl space of your New Providence is clean, dry, and protected for years to come. Crawl space encapsulation (crawl space repair) done right.
Basement Foundation Repair
While you were in the basement dealing with the pooling water, you may have also noticed cracks forming along your basement walls. This could be a sign of foundation issues in your home or commercial property that need to be resolved. No need to worry, Blue Umbrella can also help with our professional foundation repair services. The cracks you see on your walls can give you a clue of the underlying issue.
Vertical: Vertical walls cracks are for the most part, not a problem. They are a natural result of concrete aging and shrinking over time.
Horizontal: You are most likely to see horizontal wall cracks on bowing basement walls. Bowing walls are caused by the pressure of the external soil forcing the walls to bow inwards. Fixing the basement walls before they begin to bow too much reduces the amount of time and money needed. Don’t delay.
Stair Step: Stair step cracks are cracks that go vertically, then horizontally, then vertically again in the shape of a stair step. Just like horizontal wall cracks, stair-step cracks needed to be fixed immediately. They are a sign that your home’s foundation is settling unevenly which is putting stress on the basement floor and walls.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
If you see bowing basement walls, sloping floors, horizontal or stair-step cracks, the bad news is that you likely have a foundation problem. The good news is that Blue Umbrella offers effective, minimally invasive foundation repair solutions.
Steel I-Beam Installation
Steel I-beams are installed along the inside of the basement walls. The I-beams reinforce the walls and prevent them from collapsing inward.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement.
We install carbon fiber strips along the inside of your basement walls. The strips are placed flush against the wall and can be painted over or covered up. But, more importantly, carbon fiber is stronger than steel and provides reliable, durable support to your basement walls.
Preparing for Your New Providence Project
Part of a foundation or waterproofing project in your home is making sure the right paperwork and permits are filed with the New Providence building department. Listed below is helpful information to get you started, and no need to worry, Blue Umbrella is with you in every step of the process.
New Providence Building Department
Address: 360 Elkwood Avenue New Providence, New Jersey 07974
Building: Monday & Wednesday 1:00 – 4:00 PM or Tuesday & Thursday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Fire: Monday -Thursday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Plumbing: Monday, Wednesday or Friday 8:00 AM – 10:30 AM
Electrical: Monday, Wednesday or Friday 8:00 – 11:00 AM
Helpful New Providence Links
New Providence Building Department
New Providence Inspection Schedule Portal
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
If you are dealing with a wet basement, sloping floors, or smelly crawl space you don’t have to deal with it anymore. Reach out to Blue Umbrella and we will have one of our basement specialists visit your property for a free full inspection and estimate. We are your local New Providence basement waterproofing company. Call us today at 908.432.8848
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.
Get My FREE Estimate
Schedule a free inspection today!
OUR PAST PROJECTS
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tips, tools & news!
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing Proudly Serves These Areas
For more information about basement waterproofing services or to find out if Blue Umbrella serves your area, see our complete service area.