Springfield, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Your Trusted, Top Basement & Foundation Expert
Blue Umbrella is Springfield’s basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, and foundation repair expert. We stand behind all of our work with warranties, which means that you get permanent waterproofing and repair solutions to keep your home safe and protected. When you choose Blue Umbrella you receive:
- Free inspection & estimates
- A lifetime warranty
- Quality products
- Respect for your home
- Decades of experience
- An Umbrella Maintenance Plan
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Does your home need waterproofing?
The first step in any Springfield basement waterproofing project is to understand the underlying causes. When you give us a call, Blue Umbrella will send one of our basement experts for a thorough home inspection. After the inspection they will sit down with you to explain the issues you face, the solution to fix them, and to answer any questions that you may have.
How Does Our Basement Waterproofing Work?
- Basement water issues are handled either by exterior waterproofing or interior waterproofing, but generally, interior waterproofing is a more effective and less expensive option.
- An interior basement waterproofing system starts with weep holes drilled along the base of the basement perimeter.
- The water from the weep holes is directed into a french drain which channels the water to a sump pump.
- The basemen pump pumps the water out of the basement and to an exterior drainage system. With tough basement water issues, we use Blue Angel sump pumps.
- The drainage system brings the water safely away from the home.
- A basement dehumidifier is added to keep the basement humidity low enough to prevent mold growth.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
A basement waterproofing system brings more benefits than simply a dry basement to your Springfield home.
- Improved health and a safer environment – No water or excess humidity in the basement prevents mold growth and the accompanying allergy-inducing mold spores.
- Home value protection - A basement waterproofing system prevents water damage, protecting the value of your home.
- Extra space - Your dry basement can now be used as a den, an office, or simple storage space.
- Reduce stress levels - With the peace of mind that comes with a dry basement comes no more restless nights worrying that your basement might flood during a rainstorm.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
Along with basement waterproofing, Blue Umbrella offers crawl space waterproofing, repair, and encapsulation in Springfield, NJ keeping your crawl space ware, mold, and rodent-free.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Crawl space encapsulation includes many of the same steps as interior basement waterproofing.
- Drying the Space: The crawl space of your Springfield home first needs to be cleaned out and any standing water removed.
- Sump Pump Installation: After cleaning, the ground in the crawl space is graded to slope down to one corner where a sump pump is installed to collect and remove any water.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: To keep the crawl space dry, the entrance and vents are sealed and a thick vinyl line is placed on the crawl space floor and walls encapsulating the space.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A crawl space dehumidifier is also added to maintain the appropriate humidity level to prevent mold growth.
Basement Foundation Repair
Besides basement waterproofing and foundation repair, Blue Umbrella also offers foundation repair in Springfield, NJ. If you think that you may have issues with your home’s foundation the type of cracks you see in the basement walls can give a clue as to the source of the problem.
Vertical: Vertical wall cracks are normal to see as concrete ages. While these cracks do not indicate a foundation issue, water can seep into the basement through the cracks. We correct this problem with epoxy sealant injections into the cracks.
Horizontal: Horizontal wall cracks do indicate a foundation issue. As the soil presses up against the basement wall the walls begin to bow inwards. The horizontal wall cracks are the result. If not fixed the bowing basement walls can eventually collapse.
Stair-Step: If your home’s foundation settles unevenly this puts stress on the basement walls resulting in the appearance of stair-step cracks. The damaged walls need to be repaired and strengthened.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
If your Springfield, NJ home has damaged, bowing, or buckling walls, Blue Umbrella can fix these issues with long-lasting foundation repair solutions.
Steel I-Beam Installation
The first basement repair solution we use is steel I-beams. These are generally reserved for more serious basement wall problems, where the walls have bowed inwards over two inches. The I-beams are placed flush against the walls, strengthening the walls and preventing further damage.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
In less significant situations, carbon fiber strips can be used instead of steel I-beams. Like I-beams, the carbon fiber strips are placed against the basement walls. Carbon fiber is stronger than steel and strengthens the walls. The carbon fiber strips also have the added benefit of having the ability to be covered up or painted over.
Prep for Your East Orange Project
A foundation repair or basement waterproofing project in East Orange, NJ can involve a lot of steps, but Blue Umbrella will be with you throughout the whole thing. Here are some helpful links as you get started on the journey.
Springfield, NJ Building Department
Jerry Eger, Construction Code Official
Denyce Yannazzone, Licensed Technical Assistant
Maggie Keffer, Licensed Technical Assistant
Engineering Annex Building
20 North Trivett Avenue
Springfield, New Jersey 07081-1729
Tuesday: 8:00am - 1:00pm
Wednesday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
Thursday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
If you live or have a business in Springfield, NJ, and need basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, or foundation repair Blue Umbrella is your trusted, local expert. So give us a call today so we can send over one of our basement experts for a free inspection, consultation, and estimate.
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.