Woodbridge, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Local Basement & Foundation Expert
When you hear a rainstorm, do you run down to the basement to see if water is seeping in and flooding the space? Too many home and business owners in Woodbridge, NJ, do. But that does not have to be the case. Blue Umbrella has helped hundreds of homeowners and businesses throughout greater Woodbridge eliminate their fears of basement flooding by installing permanent, reliable basement waterproofing systems. We also provide crawl space waterproofing and foundation repair services. When you work with Blue Umbrella, you receive:
- Free inspection & estimates
- A lifetime warranty
- Quality products
- Respect for your home
- Decades of experience
- An Umbrella Maintenance Plan
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Does your home need waterproofing?
With every potential waterproofing project, the first step is to have one of Blue Umbrella’s basement specialists visit your Woodbridge home to thoroughly inspect the space and identify the underlying causes of your basement water woes. From there, our specialists will design and explain to you a customized waterproofing approach that will permanently keep the water out of your basement.
How Does Our Basement Waterproofing Work?
- As you chat with different waterproofing companies in Woodbridge you may learn about both interior and exterior basement waterproofing. Exterior waterproofing can be effective but is often the more expensive and invasive option. Blue Umbrella generally recommends interior basement waterproofing solutions.
- In interior basement waterproofing, weep holes are drilled at the base of the basement walls along the perimeter of the basement.
- Water enters through the weep holes and is collected in a french drain that runs around the basement perimeter below the weep holes capturing the water.
- The french drain channels the collected water to a sump basin drilled into the basement floor that contains a sump pump.
- The sump pump pumps the water out of the basement to an exterior drainage system, which safely brings the water to the street and away from your home’s basement.
- With tough basement water issues, we use Blue Angel sump pumps.
- Last, a basement dehumidifier is added. The dehumidifier keeps the basement humidity at a low enough level to prevent the growth of mold.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
If you have Blue Umbrella install a basement waterproofing system in your Woodbridge home, you get benefits beyond just a dry basement.
- Improved health and a safer environment – Keeping the basement dry and controlling the interior humidity prevents mold from growing, protecting you from the allergic reactions caused by mold spores.
- Home value protection - Protecting your home from water damage means protecting your home’s value.
- Extra space - A dry basement is an entire floor of new usable space for a den, home office, or storage space.
- Reduce stress levels - A protected basement means you no longer have to worry about rainstorms flooding your basement.
Iselin, NJ Reliable Basement Waterproofing
Blue Umbrella had the honor of waterproofing the home of an Iselin New Jersey resident. The homeowners were faced with a flooded basement after Hurricane Ida and never wanted to deal with flooding again.
The specialists at Blue Umbrella installed a full interior basement waterproofing system with two separate sump pump basins with accompanying sump pumps. The completed system removed any entering water and transported it to the street through and underground drainage system. The homeowners now have a dry, protected space that they can use for storage, as a den, or for a home office. They will enjoy a dry, healthy, safe basement for years to come.
Crawl Space Encapsulation & Repair
Perhaps you don’t have a basement in your Woodbridge, NJ home but are instead dealing with water in your crawl space. Blue Umbrella offers professional crawl space encapsulation, waterproofing, and repair. Crawl space encapsulation keeps water, mold, insects, and rodents out of your crawl space.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
The steps of crawl space encapsulation are similar to basement waterproofing steps.
- Drying the Space: We first clean out any debris and remove any water that is already in the crawl space.
- Sump Pump Installation: Next, the ground in the crawl space is graded so that it slopes down to one corner of the crawl space. In that corner, a crawl space sump pump is installed that removes any water that makes its way into the crawl space.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: The crawl space is then encapsulated with the entrances and vents sealed and a thick vinyl line laid on the floor and against the crawl space walls.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A crawl space dehumidifier is added to limit excess moisture and prevent mold growth.
Basement Foundation Repair
Besides expert basement waterproofing and crawl space repair, Blue Umbrella serves homeowners and businesses in Woodbridge in need of foundation repair services. If you see cracks in your basement walls they may indicate an underlying foundation issue.
Vertical: Vertical wall cracks do not indicate a foundation issue. They are the natural result of aging concrete. But water can make its way through these cracks and sealing the cracks can prevent this.
Horizontal: Horizontal wall cracks do likely mean a foundation problem. As soil presses against the outside of your basement, your walls can weaken over time and potentially begin to bow inwards. If left uncorrected the walls will continue to bow until they eventually collapse.
Stair-Step: Stair-step cracks also are an issue. If your foundation settles unevenly stress will be placed on the walls producing stair-step cracks and weakened foundation walls.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
Blue Umbrella fixed damaged, bowing basement walls using long-lasting foundation repair solutions in Woodbridge, NJ.
Steel I-Beam Installation
With more serious foundation damage where the basement walls are bowling inwards over two inches, we opt for steel I-beams which are placed against the basement walls, strengthening the walls and preventing any further weakening.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
With less significant damage, carbon fiber strips can be used instead of steel I-beams. The strips, like the I-beams, are placed against the basement walls, strengthening the walls. An added benefit of carbon fiber strips is that they can be covered and even painted over.
Preparing for Your Woodbridge Project
As you start your waterproofing or foundation repair project you will quickly realize there is a bit of paperwork that needs to be filed with the Woodbridge local government. But no need to worry, Blue Umbrella is with you through the whole process.
Woodbridge Township Building Department
Location: 1 Main St, Woodbridge, NJ 07095
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Helpful Woodbridge, NJ Links
Woodbridge New Jersey Township Website
Woodbridge Building Permit Forms
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
If you are dealing with basement or crawl space water, or foundation problems you don’t need to wait any longer to have them fixed. Reach out to Blue Umbrella today to schedule a free consultation and estimate for your Woodbridge, NJ property.
We Have Everything You Need
Blue Umbrella is your one-stop shop for basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair. Let us help you.