Bridgewater, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Your Top Basement & Foundation Expert
You are not alone if you are dealing with basement water, foundation damage, or crawl space issues. Each year Blue Umbrella receives calls from hundreds of New Jersey businesses and homeowners needing basement, crawl space, and foundation repair, and we provide them with permanent, reliable solutions.
- Free inspection & estimates
- A lifetime warranty
- Quality products
- Respect for your home
- Decades of experience
- An Umbrella Maintenance Plan
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Does your home need waterproofing?
Before starting a waterproofing project, you first need to identify where the water issues are coming from and how the problem can be best corrected. The initial step is to have one of our basement waterproofing experts visit your Bridgewater home for a thorough inspection. After the inspection, they will sit down with you to explain the challenges you face and lay out a customized basement waterproofing plan, answering any questions you have.
How Does Our Basement Waterproofing Work?
- We offer both exterior and interior basement waterproofing in Bridgewater, NJ. However, we recommend the interior option as it is less expensive, intrusive, and practical.
- Interior basement waterproofing starts with weep holes drilled around the basement perimeter.
- Water entering through the weep holes is funneled into a french drain which drains the water to a sump pump installed in a sump basin below the basement floor.
- The sump pump takes the collected water out of the basement to an exterior drainage system.
- With tough basement water issues, we use Blue Angel sump pumps.
- The exterior drainage system brings the water from the home and transports it safely to the street.
- The system is completed with a basement dehumidifier that controls the humidity, preventing mold growth.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Having a waterproofing system in your home does more than simply keep your basement dry.
- Improved health and a safer environment – A dry basement, free of mold prevents mold spores spreading in your home causing allergic reactions.
- Home value protection - Protection from water damage also protects the value of your home in case you ever choose to sell it in the future.
- Extra space - A dry basement means you have an entire floor of dry, usable space.
- Reduce stress levels -You no longer need to worry that your basement is flooding when you hear the pitter-patter of rain outside.
Martinsville, NJ (Bridgewater Township)
Basement Waterproofing with Two Sump Pumps
A homeowner in Martinsville, NJ (Bridgewater Township), located in Somerset County called Blue Umbrella to fix their basement water issue. Water was seeping into the basement during rainstorms, causing water damage to anything touching the floor of the basement. After a thorough inspection Blue Umbrella created a customized basement waterproofing plan which included the installation of an interior french drain as well as two separate sump basins equipped with high-capacity sump pumps. The waterproofing system captured any entering water, channeled it to the sump pumps which then safely removed the water and transported it out and away from the home through an exterior drainage system, ensuring that the basement floor stayed dry and that no more water damage occurred.
Crawl Space Encapsulation & Repair
In addition to repairing and waterproofing basements, Blue Umbrella also repairs and encapsulates crawl spaces in Bridgewater, NJ. We keep your crawlspace clean, dry and free of mold, rodents, and insects.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Crawl space waterproofing is a similar process to basement waterproofing.
- Drying the Space: The crawl space is cleaned out and any existing water is removed.
- Sump Pump Installation: After grading the floor to slope to one corner a sump pump is installed in that corner, collecting and removing any entering water.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: The crawl space entrance as well as any vents are sealed, and a thick vinyl liner is laid out on the floor and against the crawl space wall encapsulating the space.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A crawl space dehumidifier is also added to prevent mold growth and rot by keeping the humidity at a low enough level.
Basement Foundation Repair
Blue Umbrella can keep your Bridgewater basement and crawl space dry but can also repair and correct any foundation issues you face. If you believe that you may be facing a foundation problem in your basement, the type of wall cracks that you see can give you a clue as to the cause of the problem.
Vertical: Vertical wall cracks naturally occur as concrete ages and do not usually mean you have a foundation issue. But, water can still seep through these cracks so Blue Umbrella seals them to keep the water out.
Horizontal: Horizontal wall cracks, on the other hand, are a problem. These are often caused by soil pressing in on the basement walls causing them to bow inwards. Unless the walls are fixed, they can potentially collapse.
Stair-Step: Stair-step cracks are the result of your foundation settling unevenly leading to stress on the basement walls. In this case, the walls need to be fixed.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
For bowing and damaged walls, Blue Umbrella uses long-lasting, proven foundation repair solutions.
Steel I-Beam Installation
If the walls are bowing inward a significant amount, over 2 inches, then we prefer to use steel I-beams which are installed against the basement walls, strengthening them and preventing them from bowing any farther.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
With less intense wall damage, carbon fiber strips can instead be used. The carbon fiber strips are placed against the basement walls, and like steel I-beams strengthen the walls preventing additional damage.
Serving Greater Bridgewater, NJ
Blue Umbrella offers basement waterproofing, crawl space repair and foundation repair throughout greater Bridgewater, NJ.
Get a Free Inspection & Estimate
Blue Umbrella has helped homeowners and businesses in Bridgewater, NJ for years. If you need reliable, warrantied basement waterproofing, crawl space repair or foundation repair reach out to us today to schedule a free consultation and estimate.
Understanding Is the First Step
We will provide a full inspection and explain in detail the different options that best fit your needs.