Clark, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Serving Homeowners & Businesses
Have a home or business in Clark? Having issues with your basement, crawl space or foundation? We are here to help. Blue Umbrella Waterproofing has been serving the Clark area for years. Get your free home inspection today.
You can count on:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
We treat your home as our home. We keep it clean as we work, start on time and finish within budget. Blue Umbrella is your trusted company for reliable, long-lasting solutions.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Your home is unique and requires a custom waterproofing solution. That is why we begin every project with a thorough home inspection. The solution for your home could be an exterior basement waterproofing solution or an interior French drain. Your waterproofing plan may include:
- A French drain is installed along the perimeter of your basement. Any water entering the space is safely collected in the drain and channeled to a sump pump which pumps the water out and away from your home.
- Weep holes are drilled along the basement walls to guide any entering water safely into the French drain.
- A Battery back up sump pump is installed to keep your home protected even during a power outage.
- Basement dehumidifier installation to control the humidity in the basement and prevent mold growth.
- Sump pump to safely remove water from the basement and pump it out and away from your home.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Basement waterproofing offers more benefits than just keeping your basement dry.
- Improved health and safety environment – Controlling the water and humidity helps prevent mold growth which prevents the upper respiratory infections that come along with mold.
- Protect your home’s value - Water damage destroys home value, but a waterproofing system can protect your home’s value.
- Extra space - With a waterproofed basement you have an entire floor of extra space that can be used as a living area, a home office, a home heater theater or storage space.
- Reduce Stress levels - You can sleep peacefully a night knowing that your home is safe and protected.
Complete Clark, NJ Basement Waterproofing System Installed
Water was seeping into the basement of a Clark, NJ resident. via the crack between the wall and floor of the basement filling the space with pooled water. To prevent water from getting into the basement we installed a full basement waterproofing system with weep holes, a french drain, sump pump, and exterior drainage pipe. The entire system comes with a lifetime warranty and should keep the basement space dry. If you think you may need a similar system in your home reach out to us today for a free inspection: 908-432-8858.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
Your home may not have a basement but instead a crawl space. Just like a basement your crawl space needs to be properly waterproofed and protected. If left ignored, your crawl space can develop a host of issues.
- Mold growth in the crawl space can find its way upstairs.
- Water damage can lead to deterioration of your home’s foundation.
- Bugs, insects and rodents like nothing better than an abandoned crawl space.
You don’t need to take on your crawl space on your own. Our experienced team of crawl space waterproofers are ready and waiting to help.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Your crawl space is attached to your home and you can’t seal it off from the rest of your Clark home. But you can seal off the crawl space from the outdoors.
- Drying the Space: First the crawl space is cleaned and dried out.
- Sump Pump Installation: With the crawl space clean and dry, a crawl space sump pump is installed to make sure the water keeps out.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: A durable, thick liner is placed along the crawl space floors and walls, sealing out any moisture.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A crawl space dehumidifier is placed into the space. Controlling the humidity prevents mold growth and its accompanying health issues.
Basement Foundation Repair
Blue Umbrella not only helps homeowners in Clark with waterproofing, but foundation repair as well. The cracks that you may see in your foundation walls can give you a good idea of the underlying issue.
Vertical: Vertical wall cracks are a natural occurrence. As concrete ages it shrinks developing vertical cracks. The vertical cracks generally don’t mean you have an issue with your foundation. But the vertical cracks can allow water to seep into the basement. Blue Umbrella seals these cracks to prevent water entering the space.
Horizontal: Horizontal walls cracks do indicate foundation damage. This type of crack is caused by soil pressure on the outside of your basement walls causing them to bow inwards. Without correction, the weakened walls will eventually collapse.
Stair Step: Over time, the soil beneath your home’s foundation will settle. But if it settles unevenly the basement floor will tilt putting pressure on the basement wall. The stress on the basement wall results in stair step cracks.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
We provide minimally invasive foundation repair solutions for your Clark home or business.
Steel I-Beam Installation
Steel beams are installed along the inner perimeter of the basement, strengthening the walls, preventing them from bowing inwards.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
We can also install carbon fiber strips. Carbon fiber is stronger than steel and the strips are placed flush along the basement walls and can be painted over.
Helpful Resources For Your
Clark, NJ Project
When you are beginning your waterproofing or foundation repair project you want to get your ducks in a row. Here is a list of helpful Clark, NJ resources and links. If you have any questions about the permits and paperwork, give us a call.
The Clark Township Construction Department is responsible for the enforcement of the building codes as set forth in the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code. Any building, electrical and plumbing work shall comply with the IRC 2006 NJ Edition, the IBC 2006 NJ Edition, the NEC 2005 (the National Electrical Code) and the National Standard Plumbing 2006.
Municipal Building Township of Clark
Address: 430 Westfield Avenue, Clark, NJ 07066
Building Subcode Official: Michael Khoda
The Building Department requires original signatures on all forms. Fax copies will not be accepted. Completed forms with separate checks (as applicable) can be dropped off in person or by mail to:
The Township of Clark
Building Deptartment Room 29
430 Westfield Avenue
Clark, NJ 07066
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
Whether you are dealing with a foundation issue or a waterproofing issue, give Blue Umbrella a call. We start with a thorough inspection of your Clark home. Give us a call to get started: 908.432.8858
Understanding Is the First Step
We will provide a full inspection and explain in detail the different options that best fit your needs.