Scotch Plains, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Serving Homeowners & Businesses
If you are looking for Scotch Plains’ trusted waterproofing and foundation company, Blue Umbrella Waterproofing is your go-to expert. We have been helping homeowners and businesses throughout Scotch Plains for years.
You can count on:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
Over the years we have built a reputation of providing quality work, long-lasting solutions and top-notch customer service. Expect the best when you work with Blue Umbrella Waterproofing. Give us a call today to receive a free home inspection.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Because no two homes face exactly the same waterproofing issue, we create customized waterproofing plans for each home and not cookie-cutter solutions. Depending on the challenge in your home your waterproofing plan may include:
- Installation of a French drain along the inside perimeter of the basement.
Weep holes are drilled along the inside basement wall. Any water entering the space is collected and guided into the French drain which draws all the water to a sump pump. The installed sump pump pumps the water safely out and aware from your home
- A battery backup sump pump is added as well to ensure the system is running, even during a power outage.
- Last, a basement dehumidifier is installed. Controlling the humidity in the basement keeps helps prevent mold growing.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Beyond keeping the basement of your Scotch Plains home dry, basement waterproofing provides additional benefits:
- Improved health and safety environment – By keeping your basement dry you can prevent mold growth, which prevents the respiratory infections and allergic reactions that accompany mold spores.
- Protect your home’s value – Water damage in the basement destroys your home value. By installing a waterproofing system in your Scotch Plains home, you can protect the value of your home.
- Extra Space – A waterproofed basement means a protected basement. You can now use all of the extra space for a home theater, another bedroom or a home office.
- Reduce Stress Levels – You can now sleep peacefully with that the knowledge that your basement is safe and protected.
Waterproofing a Finished Basement in Scotch Plains, NJ
Blue Umbrella was contacted by a Scotch Plains homeowner who had recently purchased his home from house flippers. The home came with a partially finished basement which seemed to be a nice selling point at the time, but the issue was that the sellers had not waterproofed the basement before finishing it, putting the home at risk of expensive water damage.
To fix the issue, two feet of drywall had to be cut away and metal studs moved to allow for a new lifetime warrantied interior waterproofing system, complete with a battery backup sump pump. Now the basement has the necessary protection and can be properly finished.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
Your home may have a crawl space rather than a basement but the space also needs to be waterproofed. Common crawl space issues can include:
- Mold growth in the crawl space can find its way upstairs.
- Water damage can lead to deterioration of your home’s foundation.
- Bugs, insects and rodents like nothing better than an abandoned crawl space.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
If there is something hiding down in your crawl space it will likely find its way upstairs. While you can’t seal off the crawl space from upstairs, you can seal the crawl space from the outdoors.
- Drying the Space: Before the crawl space is sealed off it needs to be cleaned and dried out.
- Sump Pump Installation: Once the crawl space is dry you need to keep it dry. A crawl space sump pump is installed to drain away any entering water.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: The crawl space needs to be sealed off from the outside so a thick, vinyl liner is laid down on the floors and walls of the crawl space and any vents are covered.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A dehumidifier designed for the crawl space is placed in there to lower the humidity and keep mold from growing.
Basement Foundation Repair
We can also help correct problems with your Scotch Plains’ home’s foundation. Before beginning work on a foundation, you first need to understand the underlying problems. Identifying the types of cracks in the basement wall can provide valuable clues.
Vertical: Vertical wall cracks are a normal occurrence as concrete ages and don’t indicate a foundation issue. But these same cracks can also allow water to slowly seep into the basement. Blue Umbrella seals these cracks to prevent water entering your Scotch Plains home.
Horizontal:The soil outside of your basement can press on the basement walls causing them to bow inwards, creating the characteristic horizontal cracks. If ignored these small cracks and develop and eventually the walls can collapse.
Stair Step: Stair Step wall cracks can mean there is a foundation problem. These types of cracks are caused by the external pressure of soil outside the basement walls pushing inward on the walls. If left unchecked, eventually the external pressure will cause the basement walls to collapse.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
To help protect and strengthen your Scotch Plains’ homes foundation we use minimally-invasive, reliable foundation repair solutions.
Steel I-Beam Installation
Steel I-beams can be installed along the insider perimeter of the basement wall. The I-beams support the basement wall.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
A different option is installing carbon fiber strips along the basement walls. The strips are flush along the wall and can be painted over. Carbon fiber is stronger than steel and the installation is simple and fast.
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
If you are dealing with foundation damage or water in your basement or crawl space give Blue Umbrella Waterproofing a call. We have helped homeowners and businesses in Scotch Plains for years and we can help you. Call us at: 908.432.8858
Understanding Is the First Step
We will provide a full inspection and explain in detail the different options that best fit your needs.