Summit, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Serving the Greater Summit Area
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing has been serving homeowners and businesses in Summit, NJ for years. We maintain a strict standard in the quality of our work, the products we use in your home. If you need basement waterproofing, crawl space repair or basement foundation repair, reach out to us today.
When you choose us as your Summit waterproofing company, you can count on:
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
Each home is different and each home faces different challenges with basement waterproofing, which is why we provide customized basement waterproofing solutions for each home, including interior and exterior waterproofing services.
- French drain installation to direct water to a sump pump which brings water out and away from your home.
- Sump pump or battery backup system to ensure your home is always protected.
- Weep hole installation to guide any water seeping into the basement into your newly installed french drain.
- Dehumidifier installation to reduce humidity and improve air quality.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Basement waterproofing brings more benefits than just a dry basement.
- Improved health and safety. Wet, humid basements mean mold growth which can bring allergic symptoms and upper respiratory infections.
- Increased home value. If your home has basement water damage it will lower your home’s value, but having a basement waterproofing system will not only protect your home’s value, but it may increase it.
- More usable space.Once your home is dried and protected you have an entire extra floor to use as a living space, a private office, or whatever else you would like.
- Peace of mind.Rain downpours will no longer be a stressful event as your basement will remain dry and safe.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
Just like a basement, the crawl space can also suffer from water damage, mold growth and structural issues, but you can prevent this from happening by protecting your crawl space. Blue Umbrella provides complete crawl space repair and encapsulation services in Summit, NJ.
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Your crawl space is attached to your home and any air that is in the crawl space will enter into your home. You can’t separate the crawl space from your home, but you can separate it from the outdoors.
- The area is dried:Before installation, the crawl space needs to be cleaned and dried.
- Sump Pump Installation:A crawl space sump pump is installed so any future water is safely from the crawl space and pumped outside and away from your home.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation:Durable, protective liner is placed along the crawl space walls and floor. The liner seals the space from the outdoors, keeping any moisture and bugs out of the building.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier:A crawl space dehumidifier is added. The dehumidifier controls the air quality and moisture level to prevent mold growth.
Our experienced crawl space experts serving Union take care of the entire process, keeping you informed of the progress.
Basement Foundation Repair
Blue Umbrella also provides basement foundation repair services in Union. Looking at the type of cracks you see in your basement walls can tell you type of foundation issue you are dealing with.
Vertical: Vertical wall cracks are actually normal. As concrete ages, it shrinks resulting in cracks. But these cracks can allow water to seep into the basement. Our team seals and repairs these cracks to prevent water from entering the space.
Horizontal:Horizontal cracks on the other hand are more problematic. These result from external soil pressure, causing the basement walls to bow inward. This type of issue does need to be resolved.
Stair Step: Stair step cracks are caused by foundations settling unevenly. If the soil beneath your foundation begins to sink in one area it puts stress on the basement floor which puts stress on the basement wall creating stair step cracks.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
We provide minimally invasive foundation solutions to strengthen and protect your Summit home.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Carbon fiber strips are installed along your basement walls to strengthen the walls and prevent any further weakening. This is because carbon fiber is stronger than steel. The fiber strips are placed flush along the basement walls and can be painted over. The entire installation process is fast, minimally invasive and helps protect your foundation long-term.
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
If you are a business or homeowner in summit in need of basement waterproofing, crawl space repair or basement foundation repair, we are your trusted experts.
Schedule a free inspection at your Summit home or business by calling 908.432.8858 or contact us online today.
Understanding Is the First Step
Our certified experts will fully inspect your home and explain the different options that best suit your needs.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tips, tools & news!
Blue Umbrella Waterproofing Proudly Serves These Areas
Bergen County, NJ
Essex County, NJ
Hudson County, NJ
Hunterdon County, NJ
Middlesex County, NJ
Morris County, NJ
Passaic County, NJ
Union County, NJ