Passaic County, NJ Basement Waterproofing Company
Serving Homeowners & Businesses
If you have water in your basement or a damaged foundation, reach out to Blue Umbrella. We have helped hundreds of homeowners and businesses throughout greater Danbury. Give us a call today.
You can count on:
- Free estimates
- Lifetime warranty
- Umbrella Maintenance Plan
- Decades of experience
- Respect for your home
- Quality products and materials
When you work with Blue Umbrella Waterproofing you can expect, long-lasting work and top-notch customer service. Your project will be finished on time and within budget.
Does your home need waterproofing?
We provide free inspections so you can find out.
If you are dealing with water in your basement, we can help. One of our experienced team members will first visit your Passaic County home to perform a thorough inspection. Before any work is done we need to have a complete understanding of the underlying issue. With the issue identified we create a customized basement waterproofing plan. The plan may include:
- Weep holes drilled along the inner perimeter of the basement wall. The weepholes allow water to enter the basement but through controlled access. The water that enters through the weepholes is channeled into a french drain.
- The french drain runs to a basement sump pump. The water is then pumped out and away from your home.
- To complete the system a basement dehumidifier is installed. The dehumidifier controls the humidity within the basement, keeping it low enough to prevent mold growth.
- In some instances, exterior basement waterproofing may be the correct option over interior basement waterproofing. Exterior basement waterproofing involves digging a trench around the exterior of the basement walls and placing a sealant on the wall. The sealant prevents any water from seeping through the basement walls
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Installing a basement waterproofing system does more than keep your basement dry. Other benefits include:
- Improved health and safety environment – By controlling the humidity in the basement and preventing mold growth, mold spore release is also prevented. Mold spores can cause allergic reactions and upper respiratory infections.
- Protect your home’s value – Flooded basements can easily destroy your home’s value. A proper basement waterproofing system protects the value of your home.
- Extra Space – A waterproofing basement means that you haved
With a waterproofed basement you suddenly have new usable living space downstairs, time for that spare bedroom, office space or storage area.
- Reduce Stress Levels – Instead of sprinting downstairs to the basement when you hear rainfall, you can sleep soundly, assured that your home is protected.
Crawl Space Repair / Encapsulation
Not every home or building in Passaic County has a basement. Many have crawl spaces and just like basements, crawl spaces need to be properly waterproofed. This process is called crawl space encapsulation. Without proper encapsulation common issues homeowners have include:
- Mold growth that will slowly make its way to the rest of your home
- Pooling water in the crawl space eating away at your home’s foundation
- A host of bugs, insects and rodents breeding in the open crawl space
How the Crawl Space Repair Process Works
Your crawl space is linked to the rest of your home and you can’t seal it off. So instead, you seal the crawl space off from the outside, thus protecting the upstairs as well. Crawl space encapsulation shares many of the same steps as basement waterproofing.
- Drying the Space: First, the crawl space is cleaned up and dried out. Any water needs to be completely removed from the area.
- Sump Pump Installation: Next, a sump pump is installed in the lowest area of the crawl space. The sump pump safely removes any water that has entered the space.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: The area needs to be completely sealed. A thick, vinyl liner is laid on the floor and against the walls. The vents are covered up. No water or air enters in or out.
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier: A special crawl space dehumidifier completes the system. The dehumidifier keeps the humidity in the space low enough to prevent mold growth.
Basement Foundation Repair
Blue Umbrella is not only your trusted expert for waterproofing but for foundation repair as well. We help Passaic County homeowners and businesses identify and correct their property’s foundation problems. You can get a general idea of the foundation issue you have by observing the type of cracks present in the basement wall.
Vertical: If you see vertical wall cracks in the concrete this is actually a natural occurrence and not an indication of the foundation issue. But, these cracks can allow water to seep in. Blue Umbrella seals off these cracks to prevent water entering.
Horizontal: Horizontal wall cracks on the other hand are an issue. They are an indicator that soil on the outside of the basement walls is pressing inwards forcing the walls to bow.
Stair Step: Likewise, stair-step cracks are also a problem. If the soil beneath the foundation settles unevenly the foundation sags, putting pressure on the walls resulting in stair-step cracks.
Minimally Invasive Foundation Solutions
To help fix these foundation issues, we provide minimally-invasive, but reliable foundation repair solutions.
Steel I-Beam Installation
We can install steel I-beams along the inner perimeter of the basement walls. The beams support the weakened basement walls and prevent an eventual collapse.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Carbon fiber strips provide similar support to basement walls. They also lay flush against the walls and can even be painted over.
Serving All of Passaic County
Blue Umbrella offers homeowners and business owners expert basement waterproofing, foundation repair, and crawl space repair. If you have questions or are need a free home inspection and estimate reach give us a call.
- Pompton Lakes
- Prospect Park
- West Milford
- Woodland Park
Get a Free Inspection of Your Home
If your home or business is in Passaic County and has waterproofing or foundation issues reach out to us today. Call us today to receive a free home inspection: 908.432.8858
Understanding Is the First Step
We will provide a full inspection and explain in detail the different options that best fit your needs.